A SNOW-LESS Winter in Bahstin...

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2023 02:57 pm
@hightor,
Aren't you the one advocating 4 seasons?

My friend from Boston called yesterday and it's - 24F there.
Of course, SoCal doesn't let us down with 68F and sunny weather....
hightor

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2023 03:59 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Aren't you the one advocating 4 seasons?

Only indirectly – I'm the one advocating that the season after Winter be renamed Mud.

Quote:
...and it's - 24F there.

That's the "feels like" temperature where they factor in the wind chill.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2023 04:37 am

the latest winter storm warning turned out to be another dud here in bahstin, just a dusting on the cars and lawns.

western mass got two feet... we got torrential rain.

i spent a few hours wet-vaccing the basement...

#BestWinterEver

hightor

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2023 04:42 am
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, it wasn't as bad here either. Bad enough, though – maybe four to five inches of snow (they were warning of a foot or more) but that snow is just about the heaviest I've ever seen. Snow-thrower won't shoot it more than a few feet – I'm going to do some minimal shoveling and then hope for some March sunshine later in the week.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2023 04:54 am
@hightor,

take it slow...

i have a standing offer to shovel for an elderly woman one town over.

as much as i'd like to earn a few extra bucks, i'm also relieved i don't have to deal with clearing two properties on the same day...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2024 03:47 pm
Seiji Ozawa, a groundbreaking conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, has died at 88
Quote:
The Japanese-American conductor led the Boston Symphony Orchestra for nearly three decades. His rise paved the way for other Asians to break into a genre dominated for centuries by white men.

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2024 05:59 pm

according to my (impeccable) records, bahstin has had a whopping 6 1/2" so faah this winter...

R(no big whoop)P

0 Replies