The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 07:00 am
@glitterbag,
So do I. I remember the prototype being shown on Tomorrow's World.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2018 06:10 pm
I finally finished Stranger Things Season 2. The last few episodes seemed pretty much like Doom The Movie. (This is not a compliment.) And despite my hatred of the toxic nostalgia that infests too many millennials, I almost feel like Stranger Things would benefit from more nostalgic fan service. Show me more Star Wars toys and 1980s arcade games! Anyway, Season 3 isn't coming until Summer 2019.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2018 06:21 pm
I waited for Three Bilboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri on HBO.

Really enjoyed the outsized characters.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2018 08:54 am
Just finished streaming season 6 of "The Americans" Great show, horrible ending.

I am now watching, for the 2nd time, "24", from the beginning. Some of the concepts are ridiculous. How do these guys work 24 hours a day? Anyhow the show is absolutely marvelous. As I have always said, "buy the premise, buy the package!!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2018 04:44 pm

missio impossible 6... excellent, if that kinda thing appeals to you...
Lash

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2018 05:47 pm
Oh holy ****. The emotions I’ve traversed since I found this movie on Netflix...

Now, fighting depression.

A film about David Foster Wallace!
With Jesse Eisenberg!

Ten, twenty minutes in: ugh. Sticking with it for a few more.
DFW could not have been this boring. Could not.

End of the Tour.

Goddammit. I WILL read Infinite Jest.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2018 06:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
My wife and I are going to see Mission Impossible 6 next Monday. I enjoy Tom Cruise, and there was a documentary of the film where he did most of the stunts himself. Very talented actor.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2018 06:53 pm
The End of the Tour sucked as far as I’m concerned. DFW deserves a hell of a lot better, IMO.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 06:34 am
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was an acceptable movie based on the animated series. People actually die!

Superman Returns was a little too long but also decent. It had the same feel as the Christopher Reeve movies and Kevin Spacey was great as Lex Luthor. Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill. However, Kal Penn as one of Luthor's was laughable.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 06:34 pm
With yesterday's viewing of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, I have seen every Marvel movie (not just the Cinematic Universe/Avengers). Spirit of Vengeance had some sort of stupid religious plot wrapped around Nicholas Cage saying loud and annoying things that were not entertaining. The first Ghost Rider was dumb but kinda tolerable. This was awful. However, it did have Idris Elba and Christopher Lambert so that's a plus, I guess.
jcboy

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2018 03:55 pm
@jcboy,
Having completed my lists of comic book and sci-fi movies, I'll begin to work on... sigh... Pixar. I love Disney but some people elevate Pixar to mythic status. I feel like it's 50% crap just like regular Disney animated movies. Anyway, I watched Ratatouille and it was ok. It gets 1 bonus point for being Anthony Bourdain's favorite food movie.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2018 01:13 am
@jcboy,
What's your take on Doc Savage Man of Bronze?
jcboy

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 07:35 am
@izzythepush,
Hi Izzy.

Bad acting, ludicrous script and generally crappy production values. Razz

Now, "Inside Out rivals Up!" probably the best Pixar movie. And not just because the girl plays hockey. Cool
izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 08:10 am
@jcboy,
I saw it when I was a kid straight after watching Ron Ely as Tarzan. It is everything you say it is, but I still really like it.

I've not seen Inside Out so I can't say. Last animated film I saw at the cinema was this.

Loved it.
0 Replies

Phily Gautier

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 04:06 pm
@barrythemod,
Ha!!)
VHS - Dogma 2: Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back)
Still got it))
0 Replies

Seeyahi

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:00 pm
@barrythemod,
It was Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:11 pm
@Seeyahi,
Seeyahi wrote:

It was Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Should we offer our condolences? And is that the only reason you created an account here at a2k? To let us know you seen the Fantastic Beasts sequel (hopefully in a legal fashion rather than illegally downloaded)?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:12 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

With yesterday's viewing of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, I have seen every Marvel movie (not just the Cinematic Universe/Avengers). Spirit of Vengeance had some sort of stupid religious plot wrapped around Nicholas Cage saying loud and annoying things that were not entertaining. The first Ghost Rider was dumb but kinda tolerable. This was awful. However, it did have Idris Elba and Christopher Lambert so that's a plus, I guess.

Wow I've never known anyone who has seen all the Marvel movies. That's impressive. Have you seen the previews for the new animated Spider-Man movie?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:17 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

jcboy wrote:

Wow I've never known anyone who has seen all the Marvel movies. That's impressive. Have you seen the previews for the new animated Spider-Man movie?

I'm going to cry foul on that JC's claim. I bet he hasn't seen the infamous unreleased Roger Corman Fantastic Four (1994) A cult classic of abject terribleness if there ever was one. Or Captain America (1944)?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2019 02:14 am
@tsarstepan,
Well I watched 'Baby Driver'.......I'm not sure what I think. I liked the sound track....but I don't remember one of the artists....I remember the tune, just not the band's name. It's driving me a little nuts.