The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

jcboy

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2016 09:00 pm
Is Attack on Titan good enough that I should watch Season 1 on Netflix with subtitles and then find the rest of it elsewhere? (I really hate subtitled anime but this show is supposed to be really good.) Cool
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 07:39 am
@jcboy,
I watched the first two episodes. It wasn't bad I guess. I just didn't find it compelling enough to continue watching the series. Maybe, I'll return to it. The main character was a tad annoying. Threw me off the show for now.
jcboy

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2016 07:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
Then I shall at least give it a try, thanks Tsar Razz
BraxLimbo

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 02:58 am
@jcboy,
The last one I saw was The Scorch Trials. I've been meaning to read the books but I think it's too long and I'm on my lazy to read phase. LOL But the movie is great nonetheless.
Real Music

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 10:26 pm
@BraxLimbo,
I saw both Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials. Both movies were good movies. The way the Scorch Trials ended, left it opened for a third movie. I love the way the lead character Thomas in both of these movies continues to grow into his leadership role. Now, he's done running. It's time to save his friend and get some payback. He's ready to lead. His old and new found friends are ready to follow. I can't wait for the third movie.
Real Music

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 10:39 pm
If you want to see a good action movie I recommend two movies that both were released back in 2014. John Wick starring Keanu Reeves. Equalizer starring Denzel Washington.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 08:19 am
99 Houses. It's a gut-wrenching, true-to-life drama about a young man evicted from his home who comes to work for the realtor who had him evicted. Andrew Garfield, Laura Dern. Excellent.
jcboy

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 04:32 pm
@snood,
Sounds pretty good, will have to look that one up on Netflix!

Thanks!
jcboy

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:28 pm
@jcboy,
Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown episode in Peru reminded me that Machu Picchu is the only place I want to visit in South America. I should also try Peruvian food. His discussions on LSD use and pre-Colombian erotic pottery are quite interesting. My new favorite show.

It gets me through 40+ minutes of cardio but also makes me hungry.
0 Replies

BraxLimbo

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 11:32 pm
@Real Music,
I also love the way his friends follow him without much question and still try to protect each other. Really excited for the third movie. Though I would have wanted a bit more of encounters with the infected people on the Scorch.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 11:40 pm
@barrythemod,
I just saw the movie " San Andreas" starring Dwayne Johnson on cable tv a few days ago. Although the movie was fast pace and had very good special effects, the movie itself was just okay. Now, if you do like disaster type movies, the movie "2012" was a good movie. Also, the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was a good movie.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:53 pm
I've had a lost weekend of sorts. Finally caught up on a lot work stuff - and anticipating a mini-vacay, so I treated myself to way too much Roku yesterday and today. Results are in.

"Me and Earl and the Dying Girl" is fabulous if you have an appreciation for quirky humor and the human condition. A little maudlin - won't win Cannes,... but I think it is a little sleeper gem.

I was disappointed in myself that I wouldn't stay with "The theory of Everything." I'm totally turned on by Eddie Redmayne (and another sexy redhead, Domnall Gleeson, but that's beside the point, sort of.) Redmayne portrays a sweet, goofy Stephen Hawking at University. I wanted to like it. I was out at twenty minutes.

I may give it another go later. Sometimes, I'm slow to warm up.

Speaking of Domnhall, he had a bit role in "Revenant," which my daughter brought home. It had a few lovely segments among significant horror. I applaud the director.

I've always appreciated Leo (since that Alan Thicke TV show), and this experience underlined why. He's watchable and believable to me. Some actors take you out of the story. When something the actor does or doesn't do distracts me from the story, I, in my limited understanding of film criticism, consider him a bad actor. I'm never disappointed by Leo.

Tom Hardy's role, to me, could have been satisfactorily turned in by any other twenty-seven actors. Domnhall's too, to be fair, but I was happy to see him again. (Predatory sexual innuendo, admitted brazenly.)

Enjoyed another old sleeper, despite the fact it was sappy and contrived. "Feast of Love"
with a good cast, sex, love, again with the damage and transcendence of the human spirit. Morgan Freeman.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:34 pm
Last night I saw "Straight Outta Compton" on pay per view. This was a very good movie. I also saw "Hot Tub Time Machine 2" on cable. The Choozy Doozy scene in the movie was very funny. Choozy Doozy was the game show scene in "Hot Tub Time Machine 2"
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 02:42 pm
The hateful Eight.
Not one of Tarantino's best movies.
The beginning is very good, then it falls to a whodunnit scheme and the expected gory vlood bath.
0 Replies

Hanmadrec

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 09:44 am
World War II in Color
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:20 am
Oscar Isaac Joins Ex Machina Director's New Scifi Movie Annihilation

Read the trilogy last year. So superexcited for this one to come to the silver screen!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 08:30 am
@Hanmadrec,
Welcome to a2k.
I've been watching this series with interest too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2016 03:32 pm
I just caught Max for the first time. Not a classic, but I would love to have that dog.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 06:03 am
Just saw "The Life of Pi". It is a story told many times, but this time the director has turned the tale into a work of poetry. Don't miss it!
Real Music

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 11:25 pm
@barrythemod,
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hot+tub+time+machine+choozy+doozy&&view=detail&mid=002DF7D5CE7624B4BC17002DF7D5CE7624B4BC17&rvsmid=002DF7D5CE7624B4BC17002DF7D5CE7624B4BC17&fsscr=0&FORM=VDMCNL

Soooooo Funny
0 Replies