The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

jcboy

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2016 12:49 pm
Last night I watched the final episodes of Making a Murderer on Netflix. It was so emotionally draining. I wouldn't even know where to begin. The last two episodes are just brutal. I thought the Italian Justice System was bad because of the Amanda Knox case but now I'm convinced that the American system is worse.
jcboy

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 07:31 pm
Calculating box office gross is weird. 47% of Star Wars: The Force Awakens' record-breaking open day (Friday, 12/18) came from preview screenings that started at 7pm on Thursday, 12/17. So when it passes Avatar for 1st all-time in North America, will it be 19 or 20 days? Either way it will reach the mark several weeks faster than Avatar. I'll be interested to see if it passes Avatar for #1 worldwide. That won't happen for a few months. Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:07 pm
After 1 week of watching it in parts, I finished Mean Girls. The best part of the entire movie is the song Halcyon + On + On by Orbital which was on the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack. This song plays at the very end when Lindsay Lohan is doing her closing monologue. Cool
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 01:37 pm
@jcboy,
Saw "The Revenant" Ive got connections.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2016 01:58 pm
@farmerman,
I'm seeing the DiCaprio movie tonight.

Rented and watched online for 99 cents last night thanks to Fandango.

Sicario (2015), rating 10/10.

FYC:
Best Picture;
Odcar Best Direction, Denis Villeneuve;
Oscar Original Screenplay, Taylor Sheridan;
Oscar for Lead Actress, Emily Blunt;
Oscar for Supporting Actor, Benicio Del Toro;
Oscar for Original score, Jóhann Jóhannsson.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Jan, 2016 06:17 pm
"Absolutely Fabulous: Film's Cast and Crew Were Told to Stop Drinking on Set Last Year, Report Says"

I've only seen 1 episode many years ago and barely recall it but I believe drinking is the entire premise of the show so this seems more like a press release/publicity stunt for the movie than a "news report."
jcboy

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 07:17 pm
Last night on Netflix we watch an old classic black and white filmed call “Laura” I actually like watching old movies even though some of the acting back then was atrocious. Cool
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 08:06 pm
@jcboy,
What you were watching was comedy. Wink
jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 07:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Michael Bay made a Benghazi movie. Wow. It's apparently a terrible action movie and conservatives are orgasming over it. Sigh!
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 11:25 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

"Absolutely Fabulous: Film's Cast and Crew Were Told to Stop Drinking on Set Last Year, Report Says"

I've only seen 1 episode many years ago and barely recall it but I believe drinking is the entire premise of the show so this seems more like a press release/publicity stunt for the movie than a "news report."

OMG, go back and see all episodes, they're hilarious! I've seen them more than once, they crack me up! In one episode, Patsy (Lumley) was stopped by the police due to her erratic driving and when he opened the car door, she fell out with a bottle of champagne., that's how drunk she was. At the ski lift she took 2 bottles champagne with her and while Eddie (Saunders) hopped off at the top, Patsy rode down again with the ski lift , drinking her champagne. Or when they went wine tasting in France........ go and see the episodes, please!
glitterbag

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 01:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
CJ, or the episode where Patsy sets Eddie's kitchen on fire and is found covered in soot, or the episode at the cemetery where Patsy falls into an open grave. I loved that show, but my husband and son didn't seem to enjoy it like I did. AbFab was certainly not a chick flick, but maybe its the female version of 'the three stooges' only this time it's the girls who get the joke.

I remember the episode on wine tasting in France, Edina and Patsy start off very cool and steadily got so wasted Eddie would laugh and wine would run down her cheek. Whenever AbFab is aired, I make a point of watching it, it's like visiting your favorite drunken pals.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 02:30 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Michael Bay made a Benghazi movie. Wow. It's apparently a terrible action movie and conservatives are orgasming over it. Sigh!

Yeah, even though the movie doesn't substantiate their claim that a stand down order came from the Obama Administration. I guess any movie that shows Americans kicking Ay-rab ass is good enough for a rightwing orgasm.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 08:07 pm
@snood,
Yesterday I watched most of the movie 'coming to america' with Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall. I had forgotten how funny that movie was. Murphy can become an old Jewish man, a neighborhood barber almost any damn thing and do it without making the characters look like buffoons. The last part of the movie was a little sappy because of the whole 'happily ever after' love stuff. But it's definitely worth watching, well, it made me laugh.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 08:19 pm
@glitterbag,
I think that I've seen it a few times and agree.

I hope sincerely that Eddy shows up a in a few high quality movies in the future.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 08:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Yeah, Murphy definitely has talent. I was a huge fan of his early stuff, but the majority of his humor sort of misses me. I hear he's thinking of returning to stand-up.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 10:50 pm
@snood,
I totally forgot to mention we saw "The Martian" Fri. night on demand. I liked Matt Damon's performance, but can't honestly say I enjoyed the movie. Did I mention it ran 2 hours and 24 minutes??? Far too long for me, I read the newspaper during the slow periods and I think there were too many slow periods. It did venture out on some novel ideas on what humans would need to live on another planet, and that seemed more real to me than establishing an outpost to mine precious metals.

Did anybody else see 'the martian' and if you did, what do you think?
0 Replies

Zerocoolo

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 05:18 am
@barrythemod,
the last movie I watched on VHS

rise from the depths
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2016 04:48 pm
@snood,
Exactly! Razz

And on another note. According to Netflix, Witness with Harrison Ford is a "classic." Just watched it for the first time about a month ago. Meh. However, it did have Viggo Mortensen in a tiny role so there's that. I also had trouble dealing with Alexander Godunov as a friendly Amish guy when most people only know him as the terrorist Karl in Die Hard. Godunov was actually a ballet dancer who defected from the Soviet Union. And now you know! Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 07:43 pm
@jcboy,
I just finished episode 8 of Making a Murderer. Yes, it was emotionally draining. I was so involved that I Googled "Steven Avery" on the internet. There is a lot of information there, which makes the case even more confusing. Check it out. You will find it fascinating.

I have not made up my mind as to whether Steven murdered Theresa. I do know that he was convicted with no regard for the tremendous amount of "reasonable doubt".

I will probably finish up the last two episodes tomorrow.
jcboy

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2016 08:06 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I'm watching The Crow for the first time, amazingly. You'd think as a former semi-goth kid, I would've seen it dozens of times and love it. Nope. I might've loved it if I saw it in middle school but the only good thing in it seems to be Nine Inch Nails' version of the song Dead Souls. I can't believe so many people are obsessed with this movie. Cool
0 Replies