The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

glitterbag

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:38 pm
@panzade,
Went 70's tonight and watched Cool Hand Luke, wow, it's still a terrific movie. To be fair, I have to admit any film with Paul Newman is wonderful for me. Cool Hand Like still packs a punch, and Newman isn't hard on the eyes. I'm wondering if I can find a showing of "The Sting", another old favorite.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 01:43 am
@tsarstepan,
Loved/Liked comme ci comme ca, glad you enjoyed it Tsar.

Watched a great film the other night on Netflickers, hadn't seen it in ages.

The Usual Suspects, supyrb!!.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Keyser Söze
plainoldme

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 10:38 pm
@farmerman,
I think Billy Bob can play anything. The guy is brilliant. Have you seen Billy Bob and Martin Freeman in the television series Fargo?
plainoldme

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 10:40 pm
@glitterbag,
I liked Grand Budapest Hotel. I think it was inspired by last year's ensemble film about the Marigold whatever hotel. Great acting in both.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 08:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Saw Under The Skin last night and have to agree. It's not your typical Hollywood sci-fi movie.

In fact, I'm gonna watch it again....there was a lot I just didn't understand(including the Scottish brogue Very Happy )
Germlat

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 01:06 pm
@panzade,
I saw the trailer...but I don't want to purchase the movie without first watching it....waiting for rental. Sounds interesting though....
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 02:53 pm
Last movie I saw was The Guard, with Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle. Liked it a lot, actually. It's the sort of humour that fits me like a glove.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 08:22 am
Watched a great documentary simply called Greenwich Village with lots of talking heads, performance clips, black eyeliner and memories. It was anchored in Suze Rotolo's memoir which was read by Susan Sarandon.
panzade

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 08:26 am
@plainoldme,
Is it the one directed by Laura Archibald?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 09:57 am
@najmelliw,
najmelliw wrote:

Last movie I saw was The Guard, with Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle. Liked it a lot, actually. It's the sort of humour that fits me like a glove.

The filmmaker (John Michael McDonagh) and Brendan Gleeson are at it again with their up and coming release, Calvary (2014) coming out this August (most likely a limited release though).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2234003/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_8
najmelliw

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 10:06 am
@tsarstepan,
Thanks for the tip! But after reading your link, I may just pass this one up. The subject matter is a tad sensitive for me
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 06:49 am
Went to see the live screening RiffTrax treatment of Sharknado.

Prior to the show, they provided this little fun fact about the latest Planet of the Apes film premiering tonight (which I already have a ticket of course Surprised ):
http://i60.tinypic.com/zwwpi.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 08:39 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
A true great. The cast, direction, and plot were fabulous.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 09:23 pm
Latecomer to Game of Thrones. I think I'm going to have to read it now.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 09:24 pm
@panzade,
I've trawled through Netflix, Xfinity, the premium channels... where did you see it? I'm really interested.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:04 pm
@panzade,
YEs, it is.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:07 pm
I just watched a movie that I thought stank: Under the Tuscan Sun. Reviews said the only saving grace was Diane Lad's performance. Well, she certainly is beautiful but . . .I felt her performance was the worst part of the movie.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:52 pm
@Lash,
https://play.google.com/store/movies/details?id=5ITIlMYSGbY&utm_source=HA_Desktop_US&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=ActionAds&pcampaignid=MKTAD0610MO1DAM
glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 12:59 am
Well. I hate to admit it, but we watched "Bad Words" starring Jason Bateman. His character was a jerk, there were a ton of things that should have offended me, but shamelessly, I laughed my butt off. I cannot tell you it was sophisticated humor, nope, I don't think I would laugh if my adult children were watching with me. Luckily it was just me and mr. GB, so we just roared.

It's definitely silly junior high school humor, but what the hell, we laughed, it was good medicine.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:38 am
@panzade,
Under the Skin is also available to rent on Amazon. I already seen it in the movie theater. I rented The Lego Movie (for a rewatch instead) yesterday when I received my lunch delivery (spaghetti with mushroom sauce and a small antipasto).