The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 12:16 pm
@JTT,
You already know the answer to that. I've shared some of my history with you, and now you use it against me. I think your focus is narrow, and you don't care to listen.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 12:49 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I've shared some of my history with you, and now you use it against me.

That's what JTT does. Do yourself a favour, put him on ignore. All he cares about is making himself look good and hurting others.

I regret not putting him on ignore years ago when someone told me the same thing.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 12:58 pm
Quote:
JTT said: the USA genocide against the people of the Chagos islands

I hear America and Britain paid the 1000 islanders three-quarters of a million dollars to relocate, and some even came to Britain, I dunno where you get the "genocide" notion from?
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 01:04 pm
@izzythepush,
I've tried to explain this to him. I was really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm thinking , he doesn't know how to place his beliefs in the forefront..
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 01:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Maybe he's from Chagos, and he's angry. I say try being pro other origins. Perhaps some were submitted to participate in medical experiments against their will (particularly little children ), baked in ovens, taken everything away from them , placed in ghettos ( no matter skill or knowledge, social position, or resources), separated from their loved ones, gassed to death. You've got to be be an idiot to not see the truth. Also ...look at the numbers....millions. The entire world looked the other way, until it was almost too late. It took millions of lives for the world to take notice. JTT ...you're not the Messiah or all that special .
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 01:58 pm
@Germlat,
If you don't make excuses for the Nazis the why do you make excuses for the USA which is every bit as bad as the Nazis were and for a lot longer.

Quote:
I've shared some of my history with you, and now you use it against me.

I'm not using it against you at all. I've asked others, Americans, the same question.

Quote:
I think your focus is narrow, and you don't care to listen.

Speaking of not listening, how do you come to the conclusion that the USA is a force for good. History shows that is a dead false notion.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 02:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Good day, IzzytheLiar/Coward.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 02:13 pm
@Germlat,
Everyone tries to give him the benefit of the doubt at first. He just likes to scold, and does far more harm than good. He just gets people's backs up. He attacked peaceful protest, ridiculing it as pointless, as opposed to what he does. And he made obscene remarks about my daughter. He's only interested in himself. Overall he's quite repulsive
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 02:16 pm
@Germlat,
JTT doesn't give a **** about the Chagos islanders. He just uses them for his own sick ends. I doubt he's ever even met any of them.

He only ever mentioned them after I brought them up in a conversation with BillRM about the Falkland Islands.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 02:17 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Also ...look at the numbers....millions. The entire world looked the other way, until it was almost too late. It took millions of lives for the world to take notice.

You're describing the repeated genocides that the USA has been involved in for over two centuries, Germlat. Yes, look at the numbers ... tens of millions.

And the world still hasn't taken notice ... right after two more heinous set of war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:05 pm
@JTT,
Where are you from JTT.please share.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:10 pm
@Germlat,
Why are you studiously ignoring these heinous crimes, Germlat?
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:17 pm
@JTT,
Why can't you give me a little personal info...I've shared.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:29 pm
@Germlat,
You are focusing on all the unimportant issues, Germlat. The USA is the two plus centuries equivalent to the Nazis and you want to discuss social issues???

Quote:

The American involvement in Vietnam

Thousands of books have been written on the issue of the American involvement in the Vietnam War. It's an issue that still evokes emotion and difference of opinion today.

America's official military involvement in the Vietnam War lasted from 1965 to 1975, 10 long years. Prior to American involvement in the region Vietnam was a French colonial territory.

The Vietnamese people were generally oppressed under French rule both prior to WWII and after. In 1930 Ho Chi Minh drew up a charter for the Indochinese Communist Party. The objectives of the party were the overthrow of the French; establishment of Vietnamese independence; establishment of a workers', peasants', and soldiers' government; organization of a workers' militia; cancellation of public debts; confiscation of means of production and their transfer to the government; distribution of French-owned lands to the peasants; suppression of taxes; establishment of an eight-hour work day; development of crafts and agriculture; institution of freedom of organization; and establishment of education for all citizens.

Ho Chi Minh

Prior to this, however, Ho Chi Minh had spent his entire life perusing Vietnamese independence from France. Ho traveled all over the world seeking help in gaining Vietnamese independence, but most importantly, he tried for 30 years to work through establishment processes to secure Vietnamese independence. He traveled to France, he put himself through school in France, he wrote letters to the French government, he tried to get a job in the French government to work from within the system, and he even tried to contact President Woodrow Wilson after World War I, but he was always rejected, always turned away. Ho's letters asked for, "equal rights for Vietnamese and French in Indochina, freedom of press and opinion, freedom of association and assembly, freedom to travel at home and abroad, and substitute rule of law for government by degree." Ho's goal was clear, he wanted to put an end to the French oppression in Vietnam and wanted Vietnam to gain independence. Ho claimed that his greatest hero was American leader and President, George Washington.

Ho Chi Minh in France (1920)

When the Versailles Peace Conference started work, Ho drew up an eight-point program for their country's emancipation and forwarded is to the conference secretariat in January 1919. Today, this plan, inspired by President Wilson's 14 Points, sounds extremely moderate. It asked for permanent representation in the French parliament; freedom of the press; freedom to hold meetings and form associations; amnesty decree; equality of legal rights between French and Annamese. When Ho tried to argue their case with Wilson himself at Versailles he was unceremoniously shown the door
- Jean Lacouture

During World War II Ho Chi Minh helped to rescue downed American pilots and gathered intelligence on the Japanese for the American OSS. Ho worked closely with the American intelligence community during WWII and his views were well known to them. They knew that his primary concern was Vietnamese independence.

During and after World War II the issue of Indochina, the region which contained Vietnam, was a matter of question.FDR sided with Chiang Kai-Shek and Stalin in stating that the region of Indochina should be turned over to a trusteeship and set on the road to independence rather than be returned to its position as a colonial territory of the French. Churchill rejected this idea because it was an issue that could set president on the matter of colonialism, which the British certainly hoped to maintain.

Eventually, even under FDR, American support was given to the French and Indochina was returned to a state of French colonial rule much to the chagrin of the Vietnamese people. When this happened the French instituted even more repressive control in Vietnam, and millions died of starvation while Vietnamese rice was exported to France.

READ ON AT,

http://rationalrevolution.net/war/american_involvement_in_vietnam.htm

Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 03:35 pm
@JTT,
Two centuries?? Hmmm... Stretching reality aren't we? If you can tell me anything the U.S. Does to benefit the world...then I may assume you're not biased...I dare you!!
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:23 pm
@Germlat,
You tell me, Germlat. I started two threads solely for that purpose and there were no takers. Odd, don't you think?

Quote:
Two centuries?? Hmmm... Stretching reality aren't we?

Not at all. Started even before the usa's terrorist beginning with genocide against Native Americans and it hasn't let up to this day.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:29 pm
@JTT,
So..you're are to afraid to tell me your national and ethnic background ...do you think I'd judge you ? Maybe you think I wouldn't take you seriously if you did. Your hang-ups are coming through.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:37 pm
@Germlat,
Focus, Germlat. Each "argument" you have advanced has been shot down. Why do you make excuses for a country that has been just like the Nazis?
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:57 pm
@JTT,
You won't tell me?.... Ok then, I think you're a coward. I'm done with you. You're just a frightened and vulnerable creature without the courage of being able to express your identity...and a sorry ass message. I could even help you, if you were truly altruistic...but you're just another dumb hate monger...repeating a message from the 1960's. No ideas of your own, and to scared to reveal anything about yourself.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:03 pm
@Germlat,
They were both political statements, effective ones, but who knew Obama would turn out to be such a liar and a war criminal. Wait a second, he became a USA president, so those things are givens.

What a sad state of affairs - the USA , the shining city on a hill, the saviour of the oppressed, the guy in the white hat, the grand experiment - all gigantic lies!

What's left but a rogue terrorist nation.

Don't you feel terribly used, Germlat?