The Last Movie You Saw On DVD or VHS or TV.

urs53

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 12:25 pm
Just watched 'Ocean's 13"
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:40 pm
we watched VANITY FAIR with reese witherspoon last night (on dvd) - what a gem of a movie .
also picked up a couple of old marx brothers dvd-movies at the library ,
ROOM SERVICE and AT THE CIRCUS - they should be good for a laugh .
hbg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 06:48 pm
urs53 wrote:
Just watched 'Ocean's 13"

What a co-inky-dink. Me too.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:08 pm
watched THE WINSLOW BOY - a great english movie with gemma jones and nigel hawthorne (enjoyed his performances on the YES , MINISTER ! and YES , PRIME MINISTER ! series . sir nigel died in 2001 at the age of 72 . winslow boy was probably one of his last great performances ) .

followed up with an old chestnut - good for a laugh :
ROOMSERVICE with the marx brothers Laughing

there were two trailers : DAFFY DUCK and ALFALFA and his gang - great fun !
hbg
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:58 am
Got the Harry Potter Chest Set the other day and whilst watching the first "episode",good old Mr Postman delivered POTC 3.Guess what I'm gonna watch tonight :wink:
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:17 am
Let the holiday movie season begin!!

Last night I watched an old favorite of my late brothers'. He and I never missed it when it came on television. "Period of Adjustment" written by Tennessee Williams with a very young, very luscious Jane Fonda, Jim Hutton as her new husband and Tony Franciosa and Lois Nettleson. It's not exactly a Christmas movie but the story takes place during the Christmas season. Funny, poignant, dated, and a happy ending.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:57 am
We vegged and watched 3 movies late into the night yesterday - "Runaway Train" with Jon Voigt and Eric Roberts; the latest "Die Hard" movie (Live Free and Die Hard), and "The
Bone Collector" with Denzel and Angelina Jolie. I had seen the 1st and 3rd ones before, but I really liked "Bone Collector" better this time - it was made before I started to dislike Angelina Jolie. She can actually act, and she and Denzel had chemistry.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 02:40 pm
Vanilla Sky this morning

Friday last night
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 03:44 pm
"Friday"?
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 03:46 am
Why is that amusing, eoe?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 08:14 am
"Friday" was Chris Tucker's debut and it was ridiculously funny.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 01:12 pm
Glad you liked it, eoe. It is one of my top five EVER!!

Hilarious!! The dad was priceless. I've loved Tucker ever since. Very Happy
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 01:48 pm
I know the movie was funny - I respect Ice Cube for stretching out with a comedy vehicle. I was just wondering why you used a question mark when you commented on Lash's movie. No biggie.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 01:11 pm
we watched "maybebaby" with hugh laurie , mr bean ...
after having watched "vanityfair" and "the winslow boy" earlier this week , we thought it was like flat gingerale after having had champagne first .
i know it's supposed to be a comedy , but still a flat comedy imo .
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 01:09 am
Bring it on, Five Children and It, The Pacifier and a film that I do not even recall (our teen daughter chose the titles this weekend).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:20 pm
I kinda enjoyed Bring It On. I got a kick out of the elaborate routines and the techno music is fun too.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 06:55 am
Snood, we seem to have a similar taste in movies - we watched Die Hard 4.0 last Saturday.

At this very moment, BigDice is watching Snatch.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 04:15 pm
SO love Snatch!! First starting respecting Brad Pitt's acting...so funny... I like all guy Ritchie's movies.

I watched Far From The Madding Crowd a few days ago and Oceans 11 this morning.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:46 pm
What's a VHS?
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:14 am
VHS is what defeated Betamax and Video2000

I saw LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring (extended version) today. I think I will be watching the trilogy once a year, as a tradition, a bit like listening to the Mattheus passion on Good Friday or seeing It's a Wondeful Life or A Christmas Carol (almost) every Christmas.
0 Replies