So this woman sits next to me on the Red Line...

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:03 am
Excuse me - any posters unfamiliar with the US Constitution: above comment referred to the 14th Amendment.

Quote:

The Supreme Court has dictated the application of different tests...[....] Traditionally, the Court finds a state classification constitutional if it has "a rational basis" to a "legitimate state purpose."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/index.php/Equal_protection
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:29 am
In respect of an earlier post, and to clarify, I actually agree with 37.3% of what emerges from Buchanan's mouth. From my viewpoint, the best thing about the fellow is that he maintains, unusually often, an independence of mind such that when some seriously pathological ideologue yells, "Everyone! To the port bow and into the ocean!" Buchanan might respond, "Not me". For the sake of those bright prospects in 2007 diapers, I shall leave unaddressed the 65.7%. (I did that without a calculator).
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:30 pm
Blatham
65.7+37.3=103 better get out your computer. Perhaps I misunderstand your post????
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:34 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Blatham
65.7+37.3=103 better get out your computer. Perhaps I misunderstand your post????

LOL - so that's where Walter's claim of counting for 3 came from. Thanks, Rabel, those last several posts make perfect sense now Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:42 pm
High Seas wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Blatham

LOL - so that's where Walter's claim of counting for 3 came from. Thanks, Rabel, those last several posts make perfect sense now Smile

And the sad part is that I can't do simple math either, nor spell......it's something about our brains, I think. We're too much alike to live in the same apartment. But we make do.

For the record, I have a new respect for Buchanan too. The thing I like best about him, besides his frequent demonstatations of an independent mind is his dislike of our glorious leader.......the man so many of us love to hate.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:51 pm
Lola, so nice to see you here, you add class to the joint! Lots of us here are obviously legally, orthographically, artistically and/or scientifically challenged, so welcome to the club. I'd like to hang up a sign, like that one >

http://pdg.web.cern.ch/pdg/cpep/images/club_fermion.gif

> ...but many posters will object to any exclusion or exclusionary principle Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:04 pm
High Seas wrote:
Lola, so nice to see you here, you add class to the joint! Lots of us here are obviously legally, orthographically, artistically and/or scientifically challenged, so welcome to the club. I'd like to hang up a sign, like that one >

http://pdg.web.cern.ch/pdg/cpep/images/club_fermion.gif

> ...but many posters will object to any exclusion or exclusionary principle Smile

This place is full of halves of odd integers. And we all spin. If we excluded them all, a2k would be vacant........of both mind and body, which of course is a redundancy. Mind and body are one in my opinion.

We can think of ourselves as exclusive and leave it at that. No?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:07 pm
High Seas wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Blatham

That's nuthin'. You oughta see me dance.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:13 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
High Seas... do you believe the rates of TB have increased over the past 15 years in line with the increase in illegal immigration?

Sorry for missing your question earlier, EBrown-P.

Beliefs are for the religious, everybody else must cite references, i.e. sources; here's 98 of them, listed in an article on "Illegal Aliens and American Medicine" published 2005 in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons:

http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/cosman.pdf
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:52 pm
Setanta wrote:
This thread is surreal. Habibi may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he actually is consistently civil here. So the white night of right-wing civility here, engaged for page after page in decrying rudeness, ascribed without substantiation to everyone it is pleased to describe as "leftists," describes Habibi as, quote, "a smelly, terrorist-apologist euroweenie." Yeah, that's civil, no rudeness there.

Somebody cue the Twilight Zone theme music . . .

I described nobody in particular as "a smelly, terrorist-apologist euroweenie."

And you misspelled "night."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:53 pm
High Seas wrote:
Beliefs are for the religious, everybody else must cite references, i.e. sources; here's 98 of them, listed in an article on "Illegal Aliens and American Medicine" published 2005 in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons:

http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/cosman.pdf

Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq. [the author of that above quoted report] is known otherwise as ...

Quote:
... the icon-shattering double-professional who finds time to volunteer with the sheriff's department and doesn't suffer fools, tolerate junk science or surrender the truth.

She's Madeleine Pelner Cosman, J.D., Ph.D, and she has graciously permitted JPFO to publish her logical, energetic and courageous articles in defense of the right of armed self-defense.

Her articles, first published by the California Rifle & Pistol Association, charge straight into the "public health vs. guns" controversy, and take no prisoners among the doctors who use "medical science" as a reason to disarm citizens.
source: Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership, Inc.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:58 pm
Walter - are you seriously suggesting that the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, in which the late Dr. Cosman's article appeared, is trying to encourage gun wounds so its physicians and surgeons earn more money?

If not, what is the purpose of your link, completely unrelated to her article or to its 98 listed references?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 03:09 pm
Well, I've done a quick research about AAPS (opposes any form of government involvement in the provision or regulation of health care; the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Health Care Financing Administration are both derided as unconstitutional; Medicare is roundly condemned; members are encouraged to refuse to participate in Medicare, and are offered practical advice towards achieving that goal; etc etc) and that info was just a "by-product" :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 03:20 pm
High Seas wrote:
Walter - are you seriously suggesting that the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, in which the late Dr. Cosman's article appeared, is trying to encourage gun wounds so its physicians and surgeons earn more money?

If not, what is the purpose of your link, completely unrelated to her article or to its 98 listed references?

It's a Waltism (tm) and happens a lot.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:39 pm
I think Walter's point is crystal clear. You can find an organization in support of any ideology.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:40 pm
And what does all this have to do with the dumb bunny on the Red Line?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:16 pm
NickFun wrote:

brown won't appreciate you calling him a dumb bunny, that's just tacky & almost as rude as brown was to the woman on the train.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:17 pm
I was refering to the woman. But you dodn't get it LSM.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:19 pm
NickFun wrote:

Hey!!! Why drag Bunnies into this!

You dumb Nuck!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:21 pm
Thanks for the work on this, Walter.
0 Replies