1
   

Quotes from the American Teliban

 
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:22 am
Which would make it all the more entertaining. I wouldn't want it to be over too quickly. :wink:
0 Replies
 
LoneStarMadam
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 01:18 pm
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and there you are...head firmly implanted in the bushco ass..... balance returns to the force..... :wink:


Does he go in with or without that cigar, do you think?


Turn around and I'll show ya.



Nah.


It seems too deeply intimate to watch.



I'll let LSM do that, and report back if she feels the need. She'll adore to do that.

You know, Chauncy Gardener and all that: "I love to watch."


I, however, do not.

Oh my, it was you that seemed to be interested in the where-abouts of that cigar, not me.
If you can't stand the answer, don't ask the question
An adage that you could learn from.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 03:53 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I sense you may not have appreciated my innuendo, dlowan.


Pity.




Did you mean: "got" your innuendo?


If so, yes.


It was quite a large one, at least with the cigar in situ.


Appreciate is not QUITE the same thing.



Anyhoo, I thought innuendo was an Italian suppository until I tasted Smirnoffs.
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:22 pm
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I sense you may not have appreciated my innuendo, dlowan.


Pity.




Did you mean: "got" your innuendo?


If so, yes.


It was quite a large one, at least with the cigar in situ.


Appreciate is not QUITE the same thing.



Anyhoo, I thought innuendo was an Italian suppository until I tasted Smirnoffs.


I meant "appreciate" in the sense of definition #2.
    [b]ap·pre·ci·ate[/b] v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing, ap·pre·ci·ates v.tr.[list]1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: [i]appreciated their freedom.[/i] 2. [u]To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize[/u]: [i]I appreciate your problems.[/i] 3. To be thankful or show gratitude for: [i]I really appreciate your help.[/i] 4. To admire greatly; value. 5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.
[/list]
So, yes, I meant you may not have "gotten" my innuendo.

Doubtless you didn't appreciate (Definitions #1, #3, or #4) it either.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:28 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I sense you may not have appreciated my innuendo, dlowan.


Pity.




Did you mean: "got" your innuendo?


If so, yes.


It was quite a large one, at least with the cigar in situ.


Appreciate is not QUITE the same thing.



Anyhoo, I thought innuendo was an Italian suppository until I tasted Smirnoffs.


I meant "appreciate" in the sense of definition #2.
    [b]ap·pre·ci·ate[/b] v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing, ap·pre·ci·ates v.tr.[list]1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: [i]appreciated their freedom.[/i] 2. [u]To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize[/u]: [i]I appreciate your problems.[/i] 3. To be thankful or show gratitude for: [i]I really appreciate your help.[/i] 4. To admire greatly; value. 5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.
[/list]
So, yes, I meant you may not have "gotten" my innuendo.

Doubtless you didn't appreciate (Definitions #1, #3, or #4) it either.




Yep...I know all the definitions....I was playing on words, too.


Americans, by the way, use gotten a great deal more than speakers of either English English, or Oz English, currently do. I don't know about the Canadians etc.
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:32 pm
True ... I resisted my natural urge to say, "gotten."

I was trying to demonstrate my erudition.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:40 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
True ... I resisted my natural urge to say, "gotten."

I was trying to demonstrate my erudition.


Actually, all teasing aside, I believe gotten is the correct form....but don't go by me....I mainly get my declensions (such as they are) of the word from Jane Austen!

I think it is one of those forms which is used more often, and correctly, in the US, presumably retained from early settlement whereas it shifted in many other English speaking countries.

You guys use the reflexive verb more than we do, as well.
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:31 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Did I already mention on this thread that all liberals are dope smoking commies? I'm getting my threads mixed up.


have I mentioned that cigars are cock substitutes?

BP, I happen to know Tico's married, has got kids, you know, a normal kind of guy. Winston Churchill smoked cigars. George Burns and Milton Merle smoked cigars. Anyone calling a cigar afficiando a ********** is seriously demented and twisted.

That's a lot of overkill and venom for a comment that was obviously meant to be lighthearted and taken as a joke, at least by those of us who have a working brain.
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:34 pm
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I sense you may not have appreciated my innuendo, dlowan.


Pity.




Did you mean: "got" your innuendo?


If so, yes.


It was quite a large one, at least with the cigar in situ.


Appreciate is not QUITE the same thing.



Anyhoo, I thought innuendo was an Italian suppository until I tasted Smirnoffs.


I meant "appreciate" in the sense of definition #2.
    [b]ap·pre·ci·ate[/b] v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing, ap·pre·ci·ates v.tr.[list]1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: [i]appreciated their freedom.[/i] 2. [u]To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize[/u]: [i]I appreciate your problems.[/i] 3. To be thankful or show gratitude for: [i]I really appreciate your help.[/i] 4. To admire greatly; value. 5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.
[/list]
So, yes, I meant you may not have "gotten" my innuendo.

Doubtless you didn't appreciate (Definitions #1, #3, or #4) it either.




Yep...I know all the definitions....I was playing on words, too.


Americans, by the way, use gotten a great deal more than speakers of either English English, or Oz English, currently do. I don't know about the Canadians etc.

We give you a pass because we know you can't spell or write and blame it on being Australian.

The place was a penal colony when it was appreciably populated.
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:47 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
There you go ... moonbat conspiracy ramblings. That's more like it.

Have you ever seen that commercial where the campers are headed back from their trip and a bear confronts them in the middle of the road, the driver gets out and throws a fish into the woods to distract the bear?

Make it prozac and this one will go away. Six years and counting, and the poor guy is still beating his head against the wall with Bush derangement syndrome.

It's to be pitied, really.
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:51 pm
xingu wrote:
Funny how all those people quoted who promote hate against homosexuals, hate religion freedom and want to tear down the wall between church and state are all conservative and Republicans.

Maybe it's just a coincidence.

We might be outrageous and say crazy things, but hey, when we start a thread, at least we can correctly spell the name of the subject that we are ranting about.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:08 am
Monte Cargo wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I sense you may not have appreciated my innuendo, dlowan.


Pity.




Did you mean: "got" your innuendo?


If so, yes.


It was quite a large one, at least with the cigar in situ.


Appreciate is not QUITE the same thing.



Anyhoo, I thought innuendo was an Italian suppository until I tasted Smirnoffs.


I meant "appreciate" in the sense of definition #2.
    [b]ap·pre·ci·ate[/b] v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing, ap·pre·ci·ates v.tr.[list]1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of: [i]appreciated their freedom.[/i] 2. [u]To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize[/u]: [i]I appreciate your problems.[/i] 3. To be thankful or show gratitude for: [i]I really appreciate your help.[/i] 4. To admire greatly; value. 5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.
[/list]
So, yes, I meant you may not have "gotten" my innuendo.

Doubtless you didn't appreciate (Definitions #1, #3, or #4) it either.




Yep...I know all the definitions....I was playing on words, too.


Americans, by the way, use gotten a great deal more than speakers of either English English, or Oz English, currently do. I don't know about the Canadians etc.

We give you a pass because we know you can't spell or write and blame it on being Australian.

The place was a penal colony when it was appreciably populated.



Ohmigod.


Please do not tell me that

a. You believed I was trying to insult Americans


b. That:

"The place was a penal colony when it was appreciably populated."

was an actual attempt to be insulting




I await your answer with eager anticipation.

If you answer yes to either, it will be my first troll inspired laugh of the new year.


PLEASE answer yes!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:32 pm
dlowan wrote:

Ohmigod.


Please do not tell me that

a. You believed I was trying to insult Americans


Why not? You obviously have been spending post after post, trying to insult Ticomaya.
Quote:
b. That:

"The place was a penal colony when it was appreciably populated."

was an actual attempt to be insulting

I won't tell you then since you apparently have no appreciation for the early history of Australian civilization:

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-196946/Australia
Quote:


Quote:
I await your answer with eager anticipation.

If you answer yes to either, it will be my first troll inspired laugh of the new year.

PLEASE answer yes!!!!!!!!!!!

My basic point was to merely warn one or two of my colleagues that dealing with you requires the additional burden of dealing with your language idiosyncracies in addition to your attitude and politics.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:44 pm
Monte Cargo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Did I already mention on this thread that all liberals are dope smoking commies? I'm getting my threads mixed up.


have I mentioned that cigars are cock substitutes?

BP, I happen to know Tico's married, has got kids, you know, a normal kind of guy. Winston Churchill smoked cigars. George Burns and Milton Merle smoked cigars. Anyone calling a cigar afficiando a ********** is seriously demented and twisted.

That's a lot of overkill and venom for a comment that was obviously meant to be lighthearted and taken as a joke, at least by those of us who have a working brain.


some of us play rough occasionally little fella. Tico and I have drawn blood from one another on occasion and neither are the worse for wear. Head over to the cooking forum if your tender sensibilites are damaged.
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:49 pm
Monte Cargo wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Ohmigod.


Please do not tell me that

a. You believed I was trying to insult Americans


Why not? You obviously have been spending post after post, trying to insult Ticomaya.
Quote:
b. That:

"The place was a penal colony when it was appreciably populated."

was an actual attempt to be insulting

I won't tell you then since you apparently have no appreciation for the early history of Australian civilization:

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-196946/Australia
Quote:


Quote:
I await your answer with eager anticipation.

If you answer yes to either, it will be my first troll inspired laugh of the new year.

PLEASE answer yes!!!!!!!!!!!

My basic point was to merely warn one or two of my colleagues that dealing with you requires the additional burden of dealing with your language idiosyncracies in addition to your attitude and politics.



Yeehah!


I count that as a yes!

First troll brainfart howler of the new year.


Shall I add the nonsense to my sigline?
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 05:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Liberals in America are communists and all they want to do is [..] listen to the Grateful Dead.

You're showing your age, Tico.
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 06:00 pm
Well, pages 2 through 6 of this thread were sure entertaining.. I didnt know this was the stand-up comedy forum Razz

In the meantime, as ever, Ebrown of course had a good point, and pursued it, re Baldimo, excellently.
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:35 pm
nimh wrote:
Well, pages 2 through 6 of this thread were sure entertaining.. I didnt know this was the stand-up comedy forum Razz

In the meantime, as ever, Ebrown of course had a good point, and pursued it, re Baldimo, excellently.

The premise of this entire thread is nothing but baseless partisan trash and attacks.

Good luck.
0 Replies
 
Monte Cargo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 10:13 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

some of us play rough occasionally little fella. Tico and I have drawn blood from one another on occasion and neither are the worse for wear. Head over to the cooking forum if your tender sensibilites are damaged.

Wow, and to think that I missed that...You know, I just must not have been able to feel the love.

Well Gee Bi-Polar Bear, I'm sure that your posts on the cooking forum would be every bit as informative and redeeming as your posts are on this thread and hey, reading more of your posts really sounds like a great idea, but:

10. My computer won't open up the cooking forum.

9. My internet connection won't open up any of your posts.

8. Sorry but my dog's favorite WWF show is too distracting.

7. My dog ate my mouse.

6. Spiritual giants like me read only those posts as guided from Above, not as directed by mere man (or bear).

5. My keyboard could not be found - prior to Y2k I had buried it in a metal box in the woods so I could access it when Anti-Christ takes over the world.

4. When you said "cooking forum", I thought you wrote "crooking forum" where I ran into William Jefferson, who asked me if I could keep a package in my freezer.

3. I'm a visual person so on the way to your posts, I ran into some comics on the web and got distracted.

2. I'm an auditory person and to really get in the spirit to read your posts, I listened to an entire Grateful Dead concert, and fell asleep after the sixth hour.

1. I started to read your posts, but then came under persecution when the CDC broke through the door, hosed me down with form sort of disinfectant and forbade me from leaving my room for 3 months until my computer could be declared infection-free.
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 10:38 pm
Talk about lengthily missing the point.. and with such effort, too!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 10/14/2019 at 06:55:18