Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:51 pm
I like Il Divo.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:58 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Madam,

You misunderstand.

Conservatives in the US have a lot in common with the Taliban.

1) They are against the Separation of Church and State. They promote prayer in schools and religious monuments in public spaces.

2) The are against the rights of Minority religions. They oppose any laws that protect minority religions.

3) They are in favor of the strong military force and have a win at all costs attitude. They don't care about what the international community thinks and they reject the authority of the UN.

4) They believe that they are winning the war. They reject any calls to leave Iraq before they reach their goals. They reject any call for diplomacy.

5) They believe that their mistrust and hatred of the enemy justifies the use of tactics that are condemned by the international community. This includes the use of torture and the denial of civil rights among their own people.

The Conservatives in the US want the same things that the Taliban wants in the Middle East.

I don't know a single conservative that believe any of this nonsense.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:58 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Liberal.

Shocked
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:59 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Now wait a minute, I like Pink Floyd.

So do I.

Good thing I'm not a pothead or I might have voted for John Kerry last election, huh?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 01:59 pm
Oh, don't look so shocked. Here, let me blow some smoke in your face.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:01 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Now wait a minute, I like Pink Floyd.

So do I.

Good thing I'm not a pothead or I might have voted for John Kerry last election, huh?

Being a pothead doesn't mean your stupid.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:02 pm
I think you meant "you're stupid".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:05 pm
During the last presidential election I found it necessary to smoke some pot just to be able to lower my standards enough to vote for Kerry. Had I been on LSD I might have voted for Bush.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:29 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Madam,

You misunderstand.

1) They are against the Separation of Church and State. They promote prayer in schools and religious monuments in public spaces.

2) The are against the rights of Minority religions. They oppose any laws that protect minority religions.

3) They are in favor of the strong military force and have a win at all costs attitude. They don't care about what the international community thinks and they reject the authority of the UN.

4) They believe that they are winning the war. They reject any calls to leave Iraq before they reach their goals. They reject any call for diplomacy.

5) They believe that their mistrust and hatred of the enemy justifies the use of tactics that are condemned by the international community. This includes the use of torture and the denial of civil rights among their own people.

The Conservatives in the US want the same things that the Taliban wants in the Middle East.

Julian Bond send you his talking points did he? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:44 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Madam,

You misunderstand.

We are against the freedom from religion. Liberals want to remove religion from all forms of public lives and have you only practice religion in the dark corner of your basement. The only religion they have respect is the one that isn't christianity

We are against any laws that protect certain groups and not cover others. We are all Americans but the libs want to seprate everyone into groups so they can create victims and have a voting block.

Why fight if you don't plan on winning? Do pro sports teams go on the field to win or lose? We partialy reject the authority of the UN because they have no authority. They don't solve any issues and have proven themselves to be corrupt from the top down, Blood for Oil. When the leader of the UN's son is getting kick backs and bribs and nothing happens to him, then that is corrpution. When was the last time the UN did anything to prove their worth? You mention the international community but what have they done to help the world? They allow dictators to and tolatarian regims to hold positions of power in the UN. What does that say about a United Nations?

We reject working with other terrorists nations that we know are incourging the violence. Working with Iran to solve Iraq? Does that make sense to you? From my stand point I don't want the US to leave until we are done because I don't want my oldest child to have to fight these lunitics who don't care if they die. He will have his own wars to fight and I would rather he fight an enemy who is as afraid to die as he is. If we pull out we will be back and I don't want that. You mention diplomacy but who do we speak with? Any head of a terrorist group isn't going to show up in fear that we will kill him. He should be scared because we would. Are you suggesting we sit down and make a deal with terrorists?

Torture is different to different people. I don't see stress positions or embarassing them as torture. I do see elecution and beatings as torture. When those soldiers in Iraq got busted for "torture" I didn't see it that way. There have been reports of the Koran being stepped on and defiled which were all proven to be false. Do you want the US to love its enemies people who would kill you without a thought? These are the people we are fighting. Remember 9/11 and how that went down. We try and get along with them and only more people will die.

Not all conseratives in the US are Christians, me being one of them. I don't want a theoracry of Christianty put in place but I also think that our nation was founded on Christian/Judeo values and to ignore that fact is to ignore our roots and values.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:47 pm
You are too kind Madam. Embarrassed
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:50 pm
Baldimo,

The points I posted were the positions taken by the Taliban. You defended them as well as can be expected... but I am a bit confused about why someone of your fervent patriotism would be defending the Taliban.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:05 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Baldimo,

The points I posted were the positions taken by the Taliban. You defended them as well as can be expected... but I am a bit confused about why someone of your fervent patriotism would be defending the Taliban.

Thats a nice trick your trying to pull. You know darn well the points you posted were not from the Taliban but from some lib talking points sheet. I'll give you a point for being creative in your denial.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:16 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
You are too kind Madam. Embarrassed

Yeah?
http://www.dangerous.com/weblog/Comments.asp?svComment=15015
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:25 pm
No trick.... My point is that your rhetoric is very similar to the rhetoric used by Conservatives in any country... including the conservatives in the Middle East. Let's imagine what you would be saying if you happened to have been born in the Middle East--- a kind of Islamic Baldimo.

For fairness... I would invite you to imagine what an Islamic ebrown_p would say. What do you think an pro-diplomacy Taliban member who opposed violence (especially torture), wanted more civil rights for minority religion and wanted to lessen the impact of religion in government would be like.

But, for your convenience I underlined all the words that differentiate your position from that of this hypothetical Islamic conservative.

The Islamic version of Baldimo would have wrote:

We are against the freedom from religion. Liberals want to remove religion from all forms of public lives and have you only practice religion in the dark corner of your basement. The only religion they have respect is the one that isn't Islam

We are against any laws that protect certain groups and not cover others. We are all Arabs but the libs want to seprate everyone into groups so they can create victims and have a voting block.

Why fight if you don't plan on winning? Do pro sports teams go on the field to win or lose? We partialy reject the authority of the UN because they have no authority. They don't solve any issues and have proven themselves to be corrupt from the top down, Blood for Oil. When the leader of the UN's son is getting kick backs and bribs and nothing happens to him, then that is corrpution. When was the last time the UN did anything to prove their worth? You mention the international community but what have they done to help the world? They allow dictators to and tolatarian regims to hold positions of power in the UN. What does that say about a United Nations?

We reject working with other imperialist nations that we know are incourging the violence. Working with Iran to solve Iraq? Does that make sense to you? From my stand point I don't want the Islamic Nations to leave until we are done because I don't want my oldest child to have to fight these lunitics who don't care if they die. He will have his own wars to fight and I would rather he fight an enemy who is as afraid to die as he is. If we pull out we will be back and I don't want that. You mention diplomacy but who do we speak with? Any head of a imperialist group isn't going to show up in fear that we will kill him. He should be scared because we would. Are you suggesting we sit down and make a deal with imperialist?

Torture is different to different people. I don't see stress positions or embarassing them as torture. I do see elecution and beatings as torture. When those soldiers in Iraq got busted for "torture" I didn't see it that way. There have been reports of the Koran being stepped on and defiled which were all proven to be false. Do you want the Islamic World to love its enemies people who would kill you without a thought? These are the people we are fighting. Remember Abu Graib and how that went down. We try and get along with them and only more people will die.
... I think that our nation was founded on Islamic values and to ignore that fact is to ignore our roots and values.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 04:17 pm
Did I already mention on this thread that all liberals are dope smoking commies? I'm getting my threads mixed up.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 04:42 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Did I already mention on this thread that all liberals are dope smoking commies? I'm getting my threads mixed up.

have I mentioned that cigars are cock substitutes?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 09:53 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Short term memory loss. We all understand.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 11:26 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

have I mentioned that cigars are cock substitutes?

Is that why you're always smoking my cigars?
0 Replies