My Daughter's Health

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:21 am
Sending good thoughts toward you, Jean, your family - and all the resourceful docs she can find.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 08:36 am
Thankee, ebeth.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:20 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The best part of this story, so far, is, they are not making snap judgements, not starting treatments for something they are uncertain of.

True, that, edgar. As difficult as it is not knowing, it could be compounded by treating symptoms that pop up one after the other.

Holding Jean, and the rest of the edgar clan in my thoughts.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:25 am
My thoughts are also with you and Jean.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 09:31 am
Edgar
Edgar, I just discovered your Jean story. You know I care about every member of your wonderful family and wish the very best for all of them. Is Jean the daughter who had a baby during Katrina?

Last week, I had a attack of vertigo so severe I had to call The Lady Diane for help to come over and get me into bed. How did I repay her kindness? I vomited all over my bed and she had to clean up everything.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 11:53 am
JPB wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
The best part of this story, so far, is, they are not making snap judgements, not starting treatments for something they are uncertain of.

True, that, edgar. As difficult as it is not knowing, it could be compounded by treating symptoms that pop up one after the other.

Holding Jean, and the rest of the edgar clan in my thoughts.

Yeparootie. Thanks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 11:54 am
littlek wrote:
My thoughts are also with you and Jean.

Thanks K. And also, hold your dominion on green not being a primary color.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 11:58 am
Re: Edgar
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Edgar, I just discovered your Jean story. You know I care about every member of your wonderful family and wish the very best for all of them. Is Jean the daughter who had a baby during Katrina?

Last week, I had a attack of vertigo so severe I had to call The Lady Diane for help to come over and get me into bed. How did I repay her kindness? I vomited all over my bed and she had to clean up everything.

BBB

Jean is the mom of a ten year old boy, who is nearly as big as me. The youngest daughter had the baby at the time of Rita. It is her fourth.

Hope the vertigo is not a regular occurrence.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:12 pm
Yeah, that Diane is really something.

Good point, Edgar (about Doctors' caution), given the report that about 100,000 people die each year due to doctor errors.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:21 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Yeah, that Diane is really something.

Good point, Edgar (about Doctors' caution), given the report that about 100,000 people die each year due to doctor errors.

It helps that my daughter has worked for two doctors and is studying to become a registered nurse. She is far more knowledgeable than a person like myself.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:42 pm
She would know, then, if MS mimics many ailments, that one should probably not jump too quickly to a diagnosis of MS.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:47 pm
edgar, You and your daughter are in my thoughts for the best.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:57 pm
JLNobody wrote:
She would know, then, if MS mimics many ailments, that one should probably not jump too quickly to a diagnosis of MS.

Even the doctors have not really said it is MS, but that the symptoms they have observed suggest a possibility. They have also said that some symptoms one might expect for MS have not been found. Hopefully the next test(s) will begin to clarify it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 12:58 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
edgar, You and your daughter are in my thoughts for the best.

CI, where ya been? (Around the world and back again, I would expect). Thanks for your kind words.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 01:44 pm
All the best to your daughter and all the family. It's good to hear her symptoms are being thoroughly investigated.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 02:11 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
All the best to your daughter and all the family. It's good to hear her symptoms are being thoroughly investigated.

Thanks. I am optimistic about it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 03:40 pm
edgar, I've been doing my share of travel, and have been posting travelogues on a2k on my most recent trips. Here's the most recent one: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88763&start=20
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 04:32 pm
I hadn't seen this till now-- I shall keep the whole Blythe clan in my thoughts, and I'm sure you will all see each other through this just fine.

I'm so glad to hear that Jean has some medical background-- it's so helpful to have a knowledge base of your own so that you have more of an idea of what questions to ask, what to expect, etc. Hope you all get some good news soon!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2007 05:42 pm
cyphercat wrote:
I hadn't seen this till now-- I shall keep the whole Blythe clan in my thoughts, and I'm sure you will all see each other through this just fine.

I'm so glad to hear that Jean has some medical background-- it's so helpful to have a knowledge base of your own so that you have more of an idea of what questions to ask, what to expect, etc. Hope you all get some good news soon!

Thank you. What makes me optimistic, more than anything, we seem to have found doctors who will pursue this until they get to the bottom of it. The doctors she had in the past were not so thorough.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 07:55 am
All the best to Jean, and you, and hopes for the doctors to find out what's wrong as soon as possible.
0 Replies