Dinner Party Guest List--Any Ten People Who Ever Lived

Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 11:50 am
cjhsa, You wanna invite Cameron Diaz nine times, fine by me. It's your party.

Cav, I'll be waiting for the show. I wonder if they'll get one of those forensic anthropologists to put a face on the skeleton. Tres intriguing.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 05:42 pm
BoGoWo Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 11:27 am
kara :wink:
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 02:13 pm
Could invite JLo and get 9 butts, hmmmmmmmmm Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 02:16 pm
As a real and imaginary host of dinner parties, I must add that every woman is beautiful in their own way, and all are welcome at my table...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 02:18 pm
No wonder the clown always gets the girl Smile
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 09:48 pm
Cav, I must add that every man is beautiful in his own way, and the best of men do not know their own beauty. It is not seen at a glance or known from their fame. One knows it from the man's inner effulgence.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 05:01 am
Bravo, Cav. Brava, Kara.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:38 pm
As per request by Eva (two command appearances in one day....what is a simple man to think?)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10306&highlight=

I shall start with a menu recently served to a real live A2Ker in our humble abode:

Pan-seared Sea Scallop on Cucumber Sunomono with Black and White Sesame Seeds

Asparagus Consomme with Asparagus Tips and Enoki Mushrooms

Hazelnut and Jasmine Tea-Crusted Roasted Rack of Lamb with Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Spring Red Onions, Baby Squash and Gingered Plum-Apple Chutney

Heirloom Tomato Tower with Baby Greens and Basil Vinaigrette

Poached Peach Shortcakes with Warm Peach-Muscat Preserves and Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee "Sauce"

I'll think of a location....and other details....

Here is the actual request:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10306&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 07:39 pm
Sea scallops. How appropriate!

Still reading...
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:10 pm
Cav, what a glorious menu. Being a veg, I would make a sub only on the entree item. (Hmmm, what could I do for rack of lamb...rack of firm tofu? Perhaps not.) Well, tell me, what would you do, if presented with a vegetarian who eats, reluctantly, fish and seafood, and bowing out of that.

How does one create a main menu item without animal flesh?

Bet Gautam could tell us...

The base would be dal or some other such lentil entree.

Is the answer that Indian cooking offers a plentitude of dishes rather than a main entree, so that one finds a meal with a cucumber/dill side dish, a grain dish, a hot and spicy entree piece with chunks of firm soy protein (frozen, drained, marinated, then sautéed) as the main stuff?

Well, I am distracting us from the main Ten-Guests issue here. But you had to bring up food, which is my first and last love.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:16 pm
Kara, I do a very nice Jain-style 5 pulse dal, with cumin-roasted seasonal vegetables (which would be different from what you have already had in the menu), and maybe a yogurt drizzle if you eat dairy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:18 pm
I am thinking spinach, kara, because I like it myself and it has strength...something perhaps more than saag paneer...

Cav, your menu reminds me of one of my lifetime good meals at a restaurant in Santa Monica long ago, Fuji Gardens, where dinners were amakasai, or however you spell that. That place was a primer for me and friends in food learning, around 1977, when a lot of food learning was just starting in the US.

Cav deserves all this notice, he is very bright, witty, and giving to A2k.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:18 pm
A real live A2Ker got that?

Soooooooooooo jealous.

(And as ehBeth said elsewhere, awaiting report!)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:22 pm
There were photos taken as well of the plates, which I formally give permission to post.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:26 pm
Jeez, we foodies do tend to take over a thread. Smile

Osso, spinach is a reliable item. I did portos tonight with a filling of fresh spinach, cooked, drained, chopped fine, plus sauteed onion, a few chopped 'shrooms, let cool, and added a bit of crumbled feta. Put back into the portos. That is standard fare for vegs like me trying to cook for carnivores. Weak stuff, but they like it. Smile

Cav wrote:
Quote:
Kara, I do a very nice Jain-style 5 pulse dal, with cumin-roasted seasonal vegetables (which would be different from what you have already had in the menu), and maybe a yogurt drizzle if you eat dairy.

I do dairy. I need that recipe, Cav.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:30 pm
Hmm....I'll think about it Smile
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:33 pm
Cav, the pics...please.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:38 pm
Not mine, they do officially belong to my guest. You will all have to wait.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:42 pm
By the way, so good to see you here, Kara.
0 Replies