au1929

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:40 am
That find proves that Iraq did not have an ongoing program to develop nuclear capability. That shoots another hole in the Bush lie.
As for Iraq having any other WMD's logic tells me that I they were available Iraq would have used them.

The amazing part of this entire drama Is that Bush insists that Iraq had and was ready to use them. That is abolut as likely as the supposed tie in of Bin Ladin and Saddam.

Does Bush actually believe the American public, as slow witted as they appear to be, will not eventually understand that he was lying.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:01 am
IT'S UNDER THE ROSE BUSH, MR. BLIX.

So now we have some Iraqi scientist who digs up some parts for a centrifuge from under a rose bush in his back yard. Centrifuge? Yeah … those things you use to make fuel for a nuclear weapon. It seems Saddam's son ordered the scientist to bury the parts many years ago. Now we're waiting for Hans Blix to explain why he didn't go digging in this man's backyard when he had his wonderful team of U.N. inspectors in Iraq.

Seriously … this shows why the inspections were virtually useless. It also illustrates why U.S. forces haven't turned up Saddam's nasty weapons yet. We've all heard of the thousands of gallons of this and that Saddam had. You won't read this in the New York Times, but the totality of all of the chemical and biological weapons material Saddam admitted to having would fit into one good-sized hotel swimming pool. Now … go out there and find THAT in a country the size of California.

We probably won't find out what happened to these weapons until the people with direct knowledge of those weapons come forward. As long as Saddam is out there, or as long as they think he may be preparing for his comeback tour, most of these people are going to keep their lips zipped.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:11 am
AU, that is, apparently, exactly what he believes (or, rather, his political handlers--belief implies the capacity for thought, an unproven allegation in the case of the Shrub . . . )
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:15 am
McG, The issue is "immanent danger." That we can be attacked in 45 minutes with biological and/or chemicals weapons. If it takes us 45 years to find any WMD's, most of those weapons would be degraded to be almost useless. Do you know how difficult it is to use biological and/or chemical weapons? Since this administration made the claim that Saddam had thousands of tons of WMD's, it's up to them to show proof, not the other way around. c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:28 am
Immanent = inherent

Imminent = impending
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:38 am
lying sack of sh*t=lying sack of sh*t
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:40 am
Tee Hee

I am sure I have lots of nuts and bolts lying arnd in my garden shed - wonder when I am going to get bombed !!!

Seriously guys, this is actually hilarious !! Those of you who are protecting Bush, do you realize that every accusition which you make against Iraq, holds much more true for Bush ???
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:40 am
Tartar, I rarely if ever use the word "imminent." I bet you can tell. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:43 am
dyslexia wrote:
lying sack of sh*t=lying sack of sh*t

No no, dys; 300 sacks of castor beans. Used to make 'deadly' ricin.

And even deadlier castor oil.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:57 am
Castor oil! ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooo
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 11:02 am
my grandmother gave my father castor oil every saturday, he became a life long republican (hates Dubya) there may be a message in all this.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 11:05 am
Tart = spelling obsessive, uh obsesive, uh, nutcase
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 11:15 am
On the other hand - I didn't know the word immanent, let alone its meaning, so I learned something.

You're right, CI. What a lot of people forget is that Bush tried to sell the immediacy as a reason for invading Iraq (not that we know it wasn't a liberating mission - which he also tried to use). EVERYBODY KNEW there were WMD, it was no secret. What is interesting is what's happening now. They've captured people who were involved - including some of his top people. That hasn't led us anywhere. And apparently there's now a huge squabble within the agencies,, with them trying to decide who was more at fault at finding information; not finding information; sharing information. Ain't nobody in this administration who will take responsibility. Their only aim is to take credit for success - which isn't happeneing.

Anyway, the scam was that Hussein had these weapons ready and poised, and that we were in immediate danger. So all this stuff that's going on now is just another smoke and mirrors to get attention away from the orginal reasons.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 11:29 am
The real shame is not that Bush and his handlers thought they could lie to the public and get away with it -- the shame is that they were right.

There actually are people defending what happened.

Makes one want to puke.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 11:48 am
2 weeks ago, I thought the issue was that he lied about the Nuclear weapons program, Last week he lied about the WMD's in general, now it's that he lied aboutthe immediacy?

Let me know when you finally decide on which lie is the correct one as it is too time consuming fighting each one. You will never be saved if you keep changing what the lies are.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 12:09 pm
McGentrix wrote:
2 weeks ago, I thought the issue was that he lied about the Nuclear weapons program, Last week he lied about the WMD's in general, now it's that he lied aboutthe immediacy?

Let me know when you finally decide on which lie is the correct one as it is too time consuming fighting each one. You will never be saved if you keep changing what the lies are.

Nah, no need to pick. He lied about all of those things.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 12:17 pm
"The real shame is not that Bush and his handlers thought they could lie to the public and get away with it -- the shame is that they were right. "

That can't be said enough. Anyone else tired of bait & switch being played in this discussion? I am. It's gotten as bad as Abuzz.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:21 pm
I still can't get over the castor beans.

Castor beans can be used to make ricin.

Castor beans can be used to make a medicine that is used to induce milk production in new mothers. It is also used in paints and varnishes.

Castor beans are used in the making of high performance motor oil.

The guys sitting on the second largest oil reserve on the planet could have some interest in making high performance motor oil.

My suggestion would be to seize that load of castor beans and turn it into the most practical use for the US.

That would be castor oil.

Start with Bush, then give it to the entire administration, continue with the entire roster of registered Republicans and finish with every applicable member of the media because they are all so full of crap they could fertilize the entire planet.

The Department of Homeland Security would then issue a BROWN ALERT (forget duct tape but grab the plastic sheeting and spread it on your floors because there is a mountain of crap coming your way).

The most promising proof, so far, to justify the killing of nearly 200 Americans and thousands of Iraqis is some pieces of a centrifuge that have been buried since 1991 and enough castor beans to give relief to Bush, the Administration, the GOP, and the news media.

Castor oil, the antidote to Weapons of Mass Constipation.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:28 pm
McG, It really amazes me that with all the media coverage of how GWBush and his henchmen used WMD's and its "immediacy" as the justification for war, that you haven't heard or read any of the stuff that's been splashed all over the place during the past several weeks. All the different "intelligence" agencies are blaming the other for the 'misinformation' provided to the WH, but many others are saying that Bush and Powell both stretched the truth (we call those lies) when they made their speech. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:29 pm
The problem with 'stretching the truth' in their case is that many people died. It's nothing like when anybody else tells a 'white' lie. c.i.
0 Replies