Reason police sometimes use extra force!

squinney

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:19 am
Exactly!

Sorry - I edited while you were posting in order to clarify.

Should have known you'd get it without explanation.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:36 am
Baldimo wrote:
snood wrote:
Yeah, not a bad point there...

but Italians are considered white people, as far as my experience goes.

Sorry experience differs.

Well, you were trying to speak to what black people think, so I thought I'd answer for this one.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:56 am
Setanta wrote:
Anyone here seen the movie True Romance?

There's a great scene in which old man Worley (Dennis Hopper) is being slapped around by the mob crew, who show up trying to find his son Clarence (Val Kilmer), who has stolen their cocaine. The consiglieri (played by Christopher Walken) tells Worley that he might as well talk, because they're gonna beat the information out of him anyway. So Worley, a hard-bitten retired cop, figures he can make them kill him, before he spills the beans. So, he gets a smoke from them (while his broken nose bleeds), and then tells them that all Sicilians are descended from n*ggers, and then tells the story of the Muslim invasion of Sicily in the 9th century. His thesis: Africans invaded Sicily, and raped all the women, therefore, all Sicilians are descended from n*ggers. Walken, playing the consiglieri, looks around, and laughs (mirthlessly), and then puts a 9 mm to his head, and blows him away.

Is that what you mean, Baldimo? It wouldn't matter you know, because you have described yourself at this site as white, and later, as non-white and proud of it--either way, one of those statements was a lie.

Would it have made you feel better if I would have said "you can't get a job in San Diego as a framer if your not mexican or hispanic." This would have been a much better statement back then.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 08:59 am
I feel neither bad nor good about your inability to consistently describe yourself in a plausible manner.

Italians are white folks . . . get over it . . .
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 09:31 am
Setanta wrote:
I feel neither bad nor good about your inability to consistently describe yourself in a plausible manner.

Nope can't do it. I don't consider myself white and most people I know don't consider me white. Sorry. You get over it. Mr. Green
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 12:27 pm
But where'd you get that "just ask some blacks" from?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:17 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Nope can't do it. I don't consider myself white and most people I know don't consider me white. Sorry. You get over it. (emoticon removed in the interest of maturity)

Given your past track record for telling lies about yourself, i don't for a moment believe you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:37 pm
Setanta wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Nope can't do it. I don't consider myself white and most people I know don't consider me white. Sorry. You get over it. (emoticon removed in the interest of maturity)

Given your past track record for telling lies about yourself, i don't for a moment believe you.

Say what you will it doesn't matter. Instead of debating what you think I am why not debate the thread. Once again the personal attacks you unleash on people is beyond anything I have seen most people do. That is why I found it so funny you reported someone for personal attacks. This is just one more example.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:44 pm
I'll debate the thread:

Noone has provided any justification for why police use unneccessary force. Noone has even attempted to do so. Instead, there have been nothing but allegations that the dangerous nature of the job justifies the violence sometimes perpetrated by police. And that's bullsh*t.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:52 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Say what you will it doesn't matter. Instead of debating what you think I am why not debate the thread. Once again the personal attacks you unleash on people is beyond anything I have seen most people do. That is why I found it so funny you reported someone for personal attacks. This is just one more example.

If you had not so blatanly lied in the past, i'd not be able to make such remarks.

It's not a personal attack, you know, when it's true.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:59 pm
I'd nearly posted some serious response response until I notice that humorous remark about Italians not being white ... Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 01:59 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'll debate the thread:

Noone has provided any justification for why police use unneccessary force. Noone has even attempted to do so. Instead, there have been nothing but allegations that the dangerous nature of the job justifies the violence sometimes perpetrated by police. And that's bullsh*t.

Cycloptichorn

How about the # of cops that are killed every year? As a cop it would make me jumpy. Even though they are trained that doesn't stop the nautral fight or flight instincts from taking hold. People over react and cops are not immune by any means.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 02:03 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'll debate the thread:

Cycloptichorn

How about the # of cops that are killed every year? As a cop it would make me jumpy. Even though they are trained that doesn't stop the nautral fight or flight instincts from taking hold. People over react and cops are not immune by any means.

Most of the cases of the cops beating the sh*t out of someone aren't due to stress situations (in which the cops are in fear of their life) but in situations where the subject initially resists arrest for one reason or another, and the cops end up going far too far in order to subdue the subject.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 02:12 pm
Setanta wrote:
If you had not so blatanly lied in the past, i'd not be able to make such remarks.

You misspelled blatantly.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 02:49 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'll debate the thread:

Cycloptichorn

Most of the cases of the cops beating the sh*t out of someone aren't due to stress situations (in which the cops are in fear of their life) but in situations where the subject initially resists arrest for one reason or another, and the cops end up going far too far in order to subdue the subject.

Cycloptichorn

You don't think a suspect resisting arrest is scary for a cop? Most police are killed because someone resists arrest. Going for a cops gun or pulling their own gun and shooting a cop.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 03:05 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I'd nearly posted some serious response response until I notice that humorous remark about Italians not being white ... Laughing

Ironically, Baldimo was being serious when he made that remark . . .
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:45 pm
I think there is such a thing as psychological force, and that this is just as egregious as physical force. Thus, it is just as serious when a copy tricks a young or retarded person into a confession. Many of the victims of such force have served many years in prison because of this.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:48 pm
A copy?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:04 pm
What happens if the typo and spelling police use extra force?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:09 pm
Unfortunately, nothing happens. But imprisonment would be too lenient.
0 Replies