1
   

Reason police sometimes use extra force!

 
 
Baldimo
 
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 03:44 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS - Police have identified both the suspect and the Sand Creek Division officer who died Tuesday morning following a shooting during a traffic stop.

Colorado Springs Police say 32-year-old Ken Jordan was shot Monday night by 25-year-old Marco Lee.
Just after 11 p.m. Monday, two Sand Creek Division Officers conducted a traffic stop with the assistance of Officer Ken Jordan as backup, after they suspected a driver to be under the influence in the 4400 block of East Fountain Blvd.
9NEWS spoke with Sergeant Mark Stevens of the Colorado Springs Police Department. He told 9NEWS, "Two of the officers approached the car to evaluate the driver and the driver produced a handgun and started shooting at the officers."
Stevens added, "One officer was struck and went down. The other officers responded and exchanged gunfire. The suspect was hit and he went down."
According to police, both Jordan and Lee were taken to Memorial Hospital.
Jordan died shortly after midnight at Memorial.
Police say Lee's injuries are not life threatening.
The Colorado Springs Gazette reports Lee made a phone call to a friend before allegedly firing the gun, saying he did not want to be arrested again for drunk driving.
Lee has a criminal record that includes traffic violations and drug and weapons charges. Most of those charges were dropped in a plea deal. He was also arrested for DUI in May.
Lee worked at a pizza restaurant in Colorado Springs for seven years and also recently worked for Metro Glass in Denver.
The additional two officers involved have been put on administrative leave, which is a common practice after deadly force situations.
"It is with deep regret and sorrow that I stand before you today to discuss the murder of Officer Ken Jordan," said Interim Police Chief Dave Felice. "We ask for your patience and understanding and your continued thoughts and prayers as we struggle to comprehend this senseless tragedy."
"We just want our officers to know that this is a family, that this is a community and we're rallying around each other," said Felice.
"Our police officers risk their lives every day and you never expect something like this to happen," said Colorado Springs Mayor Lionel Rivera.
Fountain Boulevard was closed as the district attorney's office and the Colorado Springs Police Department's Major Crimes Unit continued their investigation. Officials were able to use a helicopter to obtain aerials of the scene.
Felice says Jordan joined the Colorado Springs Police Department in January 2000 and was one of eight DUI officers with the Sand Creek Division. Felice says he was a "consummate professional."
Jordan was born in Chicago and leaves behind a mother, father and sister.
A memorial fund has been set up in the name of Officer Kenneth Jordan at the Colorado Springs Credit Union. Donations can be made at any branch or mailed to the credit union's main office.
The address is: 3010 E. Willamette Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80909.
This is the second officer shooting death in the past year for Colorado Springs.
Officer Jared Jensen was shot and killed in February while trying to make an arrest.
Detective Jensen was working with other officers to find Jereme Lamberth who was wanted for the Feb. 2 stabbing of his sister. Police say Lamberth shot Jensen in the head and Lamberth was eventually caught.
Prior to Jensen's death a Colorado Springs police officer had not died in the line of duty since 1982. That year, Officer Mark Dabling was walking to his car during a traffic stop when the driver of the stopped car shot him in the back.
Stevens commented on this being the second death in a year saying, "This is a bad year . . . two officer deaths is just unheard of."
"It's been over 20 years since we've had a shooting and here we've had two in 10 months," said Felice.
Murdered Cop
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone ever wonder why cops have to use extra force in the line of duty? When they are getting killed pulling someone over the rest of them are going to make sure the same doesn't happen to them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,072 • Replies: 101
No top replies

 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 03:51 pm
What, exactly, does this article have to do with cops using 'excessive force?'

The cops in question didn't even engage the subject physically. According to the article,

Quote:
"Two of the officers approached the car to evaluate the driver and the driver produced a handgun and started shooting at the officers."


How would the use of excessive force have helped the situation?

How would you recommend using force to keep the 'same thing from happening to them?'

Sorry, but there's no excuse for using excessive force, ever. If you don't want to have a dangerous job, don't be a cop. If you don't want to follow the law and the rules, don't be a cop. I have zero pity for any cop who steps over the line and beats the sh*t out of some guy; a situation which has absolutely nothing to do with the article you posted.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 03:53 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

How would the use of excessive force have helped the situation?


Well, we could just allow the police to shoot people for traffic violations. I'm sure that would help.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 03:53 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What, exactly, does this article have to do with cops using 'excessive force?'

The cops in question didn't even engage the subject physically. According to the article,

Quote:
"Two of the officers approached the car to evaluate the driver and the driver produced a handgun and started shooting at the officers."


How would the use of excessive force have helped the situation?

How would you recommend using force to keep the 'same thing from happening to them?'

Sorry, but there's no excuse for using excessive force, ever. If you don't want to have a dangerous job, don't be a cop. If you don't want to follow the law and the rules, don't be a cop. I have zero pity for any cop who steps over the line and beats the sh*t out of some guy; a situation which has absolutely nothing to do with the article you posted.

Cycloptichorn


You don't think your fellow cop being killed won't make you act different on the job? You say you have no pity for cops you use excessive force but do you have pity for the cops you don't and end up dead.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 03:55 pm
Bait thread, folks. Look at it--it's in the politics forum, and he's asking a rhetorical question which implies that people who respond would advocate the police being killed rather than defending themselves.

He's just looking for an argument--help yourselves, if you want to oblige him.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 03:58 pm
Setanta wrote:
Bait thread, folks. Look at it--it's in the politics forum, and he's asking a rhetorical question which implies that people who respond would advocate the police being killed rather than defending themselves.

He's just looking for an argument--help yourselves, if you want to oblige him.


For some reason, I saw this as a counter to the 'straight up thuggery' thread I posted not too long back.

Baldi:
Quote:
You don't think your fellow cop being killed won't make you act different on the job? You say you have no pity for cops you use excessive force but do you have pity for the cops you don't and end up dead.


It isn't an excuse for anything. I don't care if a 'fellow cop' is killed on the job or not. That guy knew the risks when he signed up for the job. He is still responsible for upholding the law and standards of force which have been predetermined.

I have the same amount of pity for cops who end up dead as I do anyone else who ends up dead; not a hair more nor less.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 04:07 pm
Setanta wrote:
Bait thread, folks. Look at it--it's in the politics forum, and he's asking a rhetorical question which implies that people who respond would advocate the police being killed rather than defending themselves.

He's just looking for an argument--help yourselves, if you want to oblige him.


Like every other post you put up? Care to deny it? Look you did it hear in this thread. I think someone should buy you a mirror for Xmas that way you can look in the mirror when you acuse others of something.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 04:10 pm
You misspelled "here."

When i start a bait thread, it's purely for sake of the comic relief--so, for example, you should look at my "right to arm bears" thread.

Whine to someone else, Baldimo, you're not fooling anyone here.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 04:19 pm
Quote:
"It's been over 20 years since we've had a shooting and here we've had two in 10 months," said Felice.


Must be because the cops have beaten up any f***** #%&*%$# lately.

Once they do that those police shootings will go back down.
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 07:47 pm
True to form, all libs blame the police first. They are always wrong, Baldimo. Hopeless to convince them otherwise. After all, all police are rotten, and don't care about society at all, they only became police because they love to beat up people.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 08:00 pm
Typical Okie horseshit . . . who here has blamed the police, and for what have they blamed them?
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:25 am
okie wrote:
True to form, all libs blame the police first. They are always wrong, Baldimo. Hopeless to convince them otherwise. After all, all police are rotten, and don't care about society at all, they only became police because they love to beat up people.


A New York City college is under fire for honoring a former student who happens to be a fugitive from justice.
The Daily News reported Monday that police groups are angered that the City College of New York has allowed a community center on its Manhattan campus to carry the name of convicted cop killer and domestic "terrorist" Assata Shakur.
"We use tax dollars to support an institution that indemnifies a cold-blooded terrorist?" Dave Jones, president of the New Jersey State Troopers Fraternal Association, told the Daily News.
"She's a cowardly, cold-blooded convicted murderer who's part of a murdering sect," he told the newspaper. "She's no different from those people who flew those planes into those towers and destroyed all those innocent lives."
In 2005, the FBI named Shakur, nee Joanne Deborah Chesimard, to its list of most wanted domestic terrorists, placing a $1 million bounty on her head.

In 1977, Shakur was convicted of the 1973 murder of New Jersey State Trooper Werner Foerster during a routine traffic stop. Shakur had been a member of the Black Liberation Army and was wanted in connection with several felonies, including bank robbery, the FBI said.
She skipped out on the life sentence, escaping from prison in Clinton, N.J., on Nov. 2, 1979. She's now believed to be living in Cuba.
On her Web site, http://www.assatashakur.org/, Shakur says she is innocent.
"I have been a political activist most of my life, and although the U.S. government has done everything in its power to criminalize me, I am not a criminal, nor have I ever been one," she said.
Shakur, who is the step-aunt of slain hip-hop artist Tupac Shakur, has been heralded as a hero among the hip-hop community and political activist groups and reviled as a villain by police organizations.
The Guillermo Morales/Assata Shakur Community Center on the CCNY campus was named in 1989, the paper reported. It is shared by three groups: Students for Educational Rights, the Student Liberation Action Movement and Dominicans 2000.
Guillermo Morales, also exiled in Cuba, is a former member of FALN, a Puerto Rican liberation group that claimed responsibility for a rash of bombings in New York in the mid-1970s.
"This is not the college or the administration's idea of a good name for this room, but we believe the university is a place to discuss and argue ideas, some of which are not widely supported," said school spokeswoman Mary Lou Edmondson told the newspaper. The school has no plans to rename the room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad cop no doughnut. Good cop killer you get a building named after you.

Whats next are they going to name a building after the terrorists who flew planes into the buildings on 9-11?
0 Replies
 
okie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 10:17 am
Baldimo wrote:


Bad cop no doughnut. Good cop killer you get a building named after you.

Whats next are they going to name a building after the terrorists who flew planes into the buildings on 9-11?


Setanta, it ain't conservatives doing this. They are your beloved lib leftists. Go ahead and make fun of my comments, but facts and your track record speak for themselves.
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:41 am
Just who are these "Reason police" and how can I call them?
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:49 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Just who are these "Reason police" and how can I call them?


You would have to look to your PC brigrade on the left for the "Reason Police."
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 11:58 am
Oooh, PC brigade. Sounds very military and forceful. Where can I find them?
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:05 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Oooh, PC brigade. Sounds very military and forceful. Where can I find them?


I'm sure the ACLU has the #. Check their website.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:07 pm
Why is this thread in the Politics forum?
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 12:09 pm
Thanks for playin'.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 05:12 pm
I guess the shooting at the stripper club where 2 more police officers were shot just goes to show that the police just keep getting in the way of those misguided bullets.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Reason police sometimes use extra force!
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/25/2019 at 10:54:42