blatham

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:30 pm
sofia

Of course whether Coulter wears a miniskirt is completely irrelevant to anything of any importance at all. My initiation of this element, with all the negative connotations I added to it, was intended exactly to underline how intellectually repugnant her style of discourse is, because I did precisely what she does.

Setanta

You don't know anything about this person!? And you have been arguing with me about whether present discourse is or is not at a bad spot? Shame on you, you son of an Irishman.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:33 pm
blatham, Sorry for imitating your post, but "son of an Irishwoman" came immediately to mind after reading your post. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:36 pm
ci

I was attempting sensitivity. Many people of Irish descent were never fortunate enough to become acquainted with their real biological fathers, and thus I was just giving Set a comforting little pat on the back in case he might be in the majority on this one (as opposed to pretty much everything else).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:39 pm
BL--I know who the critter is, Boss, i know nothing of her, and have no desire to read what she writes . . . nor have i any desire to read what the majority of left-wingnuts write . . . there is precious little time to read what was thoughtfully composed with insight and evidence to care to waste any of that time reading the rant-from-time-immemorial . . . the provenance of which can be found among right-wingnuts as well as left- . . .
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:47 pm
Set

You keep pointing in the direction of deep left field... are you pulling a Babe Ruth or is there some other notion on your mind?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:48 pm
Lost me entirely there, Boss . . . here, let me pull off an' see if i can find a pay phone . . .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:52 pm
This all boils down to if Dubya could write a speech, a book or anything past his off-the-cuff platitudinous gibberish, everyone would be totally amazed. Most prominant figures have an editor working closely beside them as few of them are accomplished writers in the own right. There's too much of a tone of sour grapes in the disliking of Hillary and practically anything she does. I find all politicians somewhat of a joke but that's me. As to the adulation heaped upon George Bush, it will never reach the peak of the misdirected adulation of Ronald Reagan.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:52 pm
sofia

Of course whether Coulter wears a miniskirt is completely irrelevant to anything of any importance at all. My initiation of this element, with all the negative connotations I added to it, was intended exactly to underline how intellectually repugnant her style of discourse is, because I did precisely what she does.
-----------------
Yes. I've noticed the similarities.
It's hard for one to maintain that superior affect toward Coulter, when they do 'precisely what she does'.

Just responding on a boring Saturday afternoon. You, of course, may say what you please. I just think the logic is goofy. Seems the Coulter hair, skirt length and appearance debaters lost their moral high ground.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:12 pm
I have never commented on her hair, attire, general appearance or her intellect. and I repeat No Comment.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:54 pm
Well, i did comment that i thought her nothing special, which while not positive ain't eggsacktly negative either . . . i know nothing of her, to repeat myself, and have no opinion of her other than that i've heard her described as ranting too often to wish to investigate. In the same manner, i don't go read links people put up when i recognzie the URL as a spot where one reads liberal rant . . . i get all the rant i need (my own included) right here in our comfy little electronic home . . .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:33 pm
Yes, S, the rant is awfully high right here on A2K.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:39 pm
Actually I wouldn't want to be in bed with Hillary or Ann...Hillary, although I admire her, is just not that attractive to me and Ann...well I have a rule......If a woman has a dick in her nightstand with a harness that's bigger than mine I have to take a pass......
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:48 pm
Laughing
I think we can say what we please about any of these people--I was just sidling up to a minor point about criticising her (Ann), while taking a chunk out of her playbook.

For the record, she's pissed me off on a few occasions.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:49 pm
Git her, darlin', you don't hafta take that kinda crap . . .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:57 pm
Bill Maher has her on his HBO I believe to pull off some one-upsmanship by patronizing her -- if he's actually dated her or, ugly thought, slept with her...actually, I guess one could say schlept with her. Actually, I think Rush Limbaugh write her stuff for her while putting his nose in her business (she's tall...)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 04:25 pm
Bet they did it. Shocked

A nose-holder for all involved. (Several volunteers for helping hold Maher's schnoz.)

Love this toney discussion!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 05:55 pm
It sounds like both of them -- stopping a nothing including creating another myth about strange bedfellows. She probably screamed out "Oh, George, George" at the climax, however.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 12:09 am
Is one to suppose that Maher, Coulter and Limbaugh are into menage a trois?

What a repulsive sound and fury that would be.

Now, we are way off topic here, and it's a wonder that this forum hasn't been locked by the management several posts back.

So, in the hopes of bringing something new to this discussion of three sexually active adults, I have called in liberal, dowdy, Maureen Dowd to help bring the forum back to a better sense of decorum:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/29/books/review/29DOWDOT.html?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 07:09 am
OH, wh, you just had to break in and squelch our fun.

Maureen's review is likely a fair one -- I don't really cotton to memoirs by politicians as all of them ring phony. Probably worse is a biographer's assessment of a political personality which ultimately bathes them in that golden light Hillary speaks of for her White House interview or trashes them, shamelessly accentuating their feet of clay. Politicians are adulated as living icons or vilified as dead meat. Deserving or not, it all ends up as a lot of cheap shots or praying at their feet. Anyone here want to kiss Dubya's feet?
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 11:31 am
Lightwizard<

I, for one, am not into feet-kissing, but whatever turns you on in private is what the U.S. Supreme Court ruled last week. Embarrassed
0 Replies