ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:05 pm
Quote:
McG is just trying to boost Hillary's book sales by keeping it up front in our attention.

I was just thinking the same thing. :wink:

I'm not sure I was even aware of the book before this thread.
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:09 pm
How many books and/or speeches are done by a professional writer? I would too if I couldn't write but had to tell people what I think. As long as I had control over what is said It's my story. This is neither new or at least to me offensive. I admire her spirit. You just can't knock the lady down. Good for her.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:22 pm
But usually the "ghost writer" is acknowledged as the author. Hillary is too much of egoist to be honest about such things.

http://www.forsakenweb.com/pictures/hillaryaccomplish.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:26 pm
and the book just keeps on selling....apparently the consumers are not as interest in the ghost writing as you are.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:28 pm
I understand Dubya is having a coloring book ghost written for him. I wonder if he will credit the ghost writer?

BTW -- why do they call a ghost writer a "ghost writer" if people are going to acknowledge them as the author?

Or was that just something you thought sounded nice, McG?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:30 pm
dubya will have movable lines to colour in so that they adapt is his brain. with directions like "where's WoMD" hidden in the corners.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:31 pm
Anyone recall David Frum?

Quote:
With politicians there's the accepted fact that their words are written for them all the time -- they have speechwriters. When a president goes up and gives a State of the Union address, no one in his right mind believes that he's written that speech himself (this is particularly the case with the current resident of the White House). However, news reports don't say "Tonight, President Bush, as written by David Frum, announced sweeping new tax proposals." The words are attributed to Bush. The same thing happens with columns and articles produced by politicians for newspapers and magazines. Be that as it may, most of us accept the words as the politicians. I don't see the nation rising up to contest this apparent theft of work. We get the concept.

http://www.scalzi.com/whatever/archives/000234.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:32 pm
Most of us get the concept, that is.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:40 pm
Ghost writers are rarely, if ever, acknowledged. That is one way in which many of them make very comfortable livings. And Bill Clinton is known for being one of the few who most often wrote his own speeches - easy to tell from his press conferences and impromptu remarks.

Hillary Clinton is known as well for her own vast abilities with the written and spoken word.

Could you be a little more subjective, please?

Meanwhile, the book continues with its sales, and they're going into second printing. And the often made-fun of "It Takes a Village" still sells.

eh - I'm not even thinking of buying the book. But it appears a lot of republicans have, may God bless them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:48 pm
mamaj, The reason so many repubs are buying Hillary's book is to try to find out what her "secret" is. Wink They're all dumbfounded. c.i.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 02:51 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
mamaj, The reason so many repubs are buying Hillary's book is to try to find out what her "secret" is. Wink They're all dumbfounded. c.i.

..."founded"...???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:24 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheehee . . . ah, Frank, yer a bad man, so . . .

Ye crack me up . . .
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:29 pm
I'm sending Tucker Carlson a pair of old shoes to eat when she tops a million.

(Some of you may know that the 'Crossfire' co-host swore to eat his shoes and his tie if that happened. He's already disclaimed the neckwear.)

I encourage everyone to do the same... Laughing
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:45 pm
Quote:
Max - you all usually are the ones who bring up the Clintons. Look who started this thread, and how. You are so obssessed with jealousy and envy, and with each comment you make it clearer. And what you complain about! Never serious stuff. Always something that can allow you all to make snide jokes. It would be nice if you could get out of the bar and go watch a ball game.

Shocked That is so far off base, as far as your comments about me, as to almost be unworthy of comment.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:56 pm
no comment required
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 03:57 pm
The Anti-Christ?!

Seems things have become a little out of proportion for some!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 04:21 pm
frolic, You can give them as Christmas presents to all of us on A2K. That way you won't have to store them in your house. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2003 11:12 pm
It is indeed a wonderful nation in which we all live when we have such diversity in penwomanship.

It seems that the darling of the ultra-conservatives, Ann Coulter, has a new book forthcoming entitled Treason. I am certain the exact publication date of the Coulter tome can be found at www.amazon.com.

The competition for sales between Clinton and Coulter will be severe. May the best woman win the biggest dollars! Everyone knows, of course, that Ms. Coulter has one of the greatest minds for judicial history in the country. Her mentors -- such as Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity -- will most likely spend millions to buy multiple copies of Coulter's latest just so the conservative gal's book can top that one by the crusty old First Lady.

The only "ghost" I see floating around here is the checkered past of the dubious Dubya. The "ghost" that he was never elected president by the people of this nation will not be forgotten.

It's called the "ghost of quadrennial election past," and it will help haunt Dubya right out of the White House.

But excuse me . . . I must read another chapter in Sen. Clinton's Living History before bedtime.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 04:55 am
You know, it is amusing how conservatives love to tout the specious notion that Americans are basically conservative, and yet conservative authors can't seem to get out of the gate when it comes to book sales. This goes all the way back to ol' flannel-mouth and his book Up From Liberalism . . . (i'll think of his name here in a minute, and ruin my morning) . . . but then, maybe they are correct about the numbers, which however do not include a significant number of the casually literate . . .
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 05:34 am
williamhenry3 wrote:

...It seems that the darling of the ultra-conservatives, Ann Coulter, has a new book forthcoming entitled Treason.

The haters will love it.

All of her stuff is so over-the-top venomous, it is like catnip for them.

Sad.
0 Replies