McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 07:31 am
Quote:
SPARING THE RODHAM
Ann Coulter's 'Treason'
tops Hillary's 'History'
On 1st day of release, conservative pundit trumps senator's memoir on Amazon chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 24, 2003
12:14 p.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Attorney, author and WND columnist Ann Coulter's latest book, "Treason," surpassed Sen. Hillary Clinton's "Living History" on Amazon.com's best-seller list on its first day of official release.

Coulter's book is currently listed as No. 5 on Amazon's best-seller list, while Clinton's book has dropped from a high of No. 2 to No. 10. Topping sales at Amazon is the latest Harry Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."

Even before "Treason" was released, it skyrocketed up the Amazon charts in pre-order sales.

As WorldNetDaily previously reported, the week "Living History" was released it was bumped from the No. 2 spot by a paperback title tying the recent war to Bible prophecy called "Beyond Iraq."

"Treason," a follow-up to Coulter's best-selling "Slander," contends that liberals have been wrong on every foreign-policy issue from the fight against communism at home in the early Cold War days to the struggle with the Soviet empire to the current war on terrorism.

"Liberals have a preternatural gift for always striking a position on the side of treason," writes Coulter. "Everyone says liberals love America, too. No, they don't." From Truman to Kennedy to Carter to Clinton, America has contained, appeased and retreated, she says, often sacrificing America's best interests and security. With the fate of the world in the balance, Coulter argues that liberals should leave the defense of the nation to conservatives.

Re-examining the 60-year history of the Cold War and beyond - including the career of Sen. Joseph McCarthy, the Whittaker Chambers-Alger Hiss affair, Ronald Reagan's challenge to Mikhail Gorbachev to "tear down this wall," the Gulf War and America's present war on terrorism - Coulter reveals in "Treason" how liberals have been "horribly wrong" in all their political analyses and policy prescriptions. McCarthy, exonerated by the Venona Papers if not before, was basically right about Soviet agents working for the U.S. government, writes the best-selling author. Hiss turned out to be a high-ranking Soviet spy (who consulted Roosevelt at Yalta). Reagan, ridiculed throughout his presidency, ended up winning the Cold War. And George W. Bush, also an object of ridicule, has by all accounts performed exceptionally in responding to America's newest threats at home and abroad.

"Treason," Coulter's hottest and most controversial book yet, can be ordered now at WorldNetDaily's online store - including copies exclusively autographed by the author.

link
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 08:16 am
wow
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 08:45 am
As jjorge said -- it's like catnip for conservatives.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 08:49 am
Apples to oranges, McG--how do sales of Treason on it's first day compare to Senator Clinton's sales on the first day?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 08:55 am
Setanta wrote:
You know, it is amusing how conservatives love to tout the specious notion that Americans are basically conservative, and yet conservative authors can't seem to get out of the gate when it comes to book sales. This goes all the way back to ol' flannel-mouth and his book Up From Liberalism . . . (i'll think of his name here in a minute, and ruin my morning) . . . but then, maybe they are correct about the numbers, which however do not include a significant number of the casually literate . . .

You brought it up, I thought you would know.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 09:18 am
Catnip for conservatives! I like that. My cat is obsessed when I give her catnip. Makes perfect sense...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 09:40 am
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/HillaryBook/HillarysBook/payne.gif

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/HillaryBook/Hillary030612/plante.gif
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:45 am
McGentrix wrote:
Quote:
SPARING THE RODHAM
Ann Coulter's 'Treason'
Posted: June 24, 2003
12:14 p.m. Eastern © 2003 WorldNetDaily.com
..."Liberals have a preternatural gift for always striking a position on the side of treason," writes Coulter. "Everyone says liberals love America, too. No, they don't." ...

link

Frankapisa

You misquoted me.
I said that Coulter's venom is like catnip to the 'HATERS', not the conservatives.

It's not a small point. Coulter speaks and writes like what we used to call the 'Idiot-fringe'. Her hatred of those she disagrees with boils out of nearly every paragraph she writes.

It's true that the idiot fringe has grown much in recent years and the ranks of the 'haters' have swollen; yet, while I abhor much of what passes nowadays for 'conservatism', I believe most conservatives are decent well-meaning people -not haters.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:49 am
Ann Coulter strikes me as someone who craves attention and realizes that she has to be more and more outrageous to stay in the limelight. It never works indefinitely, though she clearly fills a need for an audience who believes that diversity of opinion is un-American.

I wonder what America would look like if she were in charge?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 11:03 am
Ann Coulter's website is interesting. I took a look a few weeks ago, looking for information for someone. It has lots of pretty photos of Ms. Coulter, and information about billing charges if you'd like her to speak (or perhaps a link to that).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 11:23 am
jjorge*197982* wrote:
Frankapisa

You misquoted me.
I said that Coulter's venom is like catnip to the 'HATERS', not the conservatives.

It's not a small point. Coulter speaks and writes like what we used to call the 'Idiot-fringe'. Her hatred of those she disagrees with boils out of nearly every paragraph she writes.

It's true that the idiot fringe has grown much in recent years and the ranks of the 'haters' have swollen; yet, while I abhor much of what passes nowadays for 'conservatism', I believe most conservatives are decent well-meaning people -not haters.

It is not a small point at all -- and I stand corrected.

My late mother and father were both conservatives -- I have a conservative brother -- and several cousins whom I love dearly who are conservatives.

I mis-spoke and I appreciate your mentioning my error.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 11:39 am
have a great day Frank
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2003 10:41 pm
The post by McGentrix in which WorldNetDaily briefly summarizes Ann Coulter's new book is certainly interesting.

Does her book mean we should discount legitimate historians who have analyzed and researched American history from the McCarthy Era until the current administration?

If so, that's a lot of scholarly work doubted by Treason. The controversial Ms. Coulter should certainly be glad that she lives in a country where books lacking in scholarly research and filled with personal opinions can be taken as truth -- at least by some -- and move to the top of the best-seller list.

Perhaps Dubya will elevate the verbose Ms. Coulter to the U.S. Supreme Court. She would really be over her bleached head then.

Speaking of WorldNetDaily, let it be noted here that Ms. Coulter is a columnist for the website whose readers are mainly conservatives. Thus, WND, it would seem, might have a proprietary interest in the success of Treason.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 12:22 am
Ann...first of all, let me say I DO NOT believe any of the sex with farm animals rumors. I'm sure she's a very nice person and I sure as heck would be the last one to suggest women at the crinkly edge of middle age shouldn't be allowed to wear miniskirts. She's loud, sure, but so are truck drivers, and folks who get out of the trailer park for a night and go bowling, and also, lots of people who've been drinking.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 06:43 am
blatham

you are kind
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 07:01 am
Let's hear it for middle aged women in mini skirts. We wore em once, we can do it again. (If we're careful about it.) I'll have to read up to catch up here, but I'll be back.....(maybe)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:06 am
jjorge

Well, with Ann, I feel I ought to be kindly. It's tough to imagine what sort of an interior existence and what sort of a life history might conspire to produce such a Shakespearean shrew or such a frothing case of advanced misology. She is a pitiful creature.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:20 am
blatham

I understand what you mean but I am still impressed with your
kindness towards her.

I've been trained to empathize and be non-judgemental. It's important to my work, yet thus far I can find no empathy for
such a vicious hatemonger as she.

More power to you that you can.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:43 am
Well, I would have thought this forum would have died a natural death a long time ago. The whole concept of "empty heart of Hillary" is so misguided as to be laughable at best. How does anyone make such judgements - third hand - with the information that have been available to the public on this woman? c.i.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 09:44 am
Lola wrote:
Let's hear it for middle aged women in mini skirts. We wore em once, we can do it again. (If we're careful about it.) I'll have to read up to catch up here, but I'll be back.....(maybe)

Hear Hear !!
0 Replies