Ant-ACLU "Nativity Scene"

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:09 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p & they accept religious symbols of other than Christian....why?
The menorrah & Islamist cresent in NYC & on public property.

It would help if you provided links/pictures to support your post. I am not aware of what you're referring too.

As far as your question as to why they appear to be targeting Christianity, it is simply because Christianity is the greatest offender of encroaching the seperation of church and state. If there are 100 instances of a Christian church trying to put the 10 commandments in government buildings, and 1 instance of an Islamic mosque doing the same with their rules then of course more cases will involve Christianity.

Geatest offender? Moreso than another religion that has called us thegreat satan & try to force us to their religious beliefs?
Even if that were true, that the Crristians are the greatest offenders, since you're giving a warped definition of the Constitution, there is also an equql rights clause, equality, to allow ones religious symbol & not another, is discrimination.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29942

http://www.thomasmore.org/news.html?NewsID=135

They are the greatest offender. By far. That is why there are more cases of the ACLU suing over Christian religious items than others. I don't have any data to support this, but with 80% of our population claiming to be Christain, dozens of Christian groups in America pushing to get god back into our government, and priests propagandizing for government officials, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Equal rights apply to public property. Display any religious thing you want on your land. Keep it out of OUR courthouse.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:13 am
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

It would help if you provided links/pictures to support your post. I am not aware of what you're referring too.

As far as your question as to why they appear to be targeting Christianity, it is simply because Christianity is the greatest offender of encroaching the seperation of church and state. If there are 100 instances of a Christian church trying to put the 10 commandments in government buildings, and 1 instance of an Islamic mosque doing the same with their rules then of course more cases will involve Christianity.

Geatest offender? Moreso than another religion that has called us thegreat satan & try to force us to their religious beliefs?
Even if that were true, that the Crristians are the greatest offenders, since you're giving a warped definition of the Constitution, there is also an equql rights clause, equality, to allow ones religious symbol & not another, is discrimination.

They are the greatest offender. By far. That is why there are more cases of the ACLU suing over Christian religious items than others. I don't have any data to support this, but with 80% of our population claiming to be Christain, dozens of Christian groups in America pushing to get god back into our government, and priests propagandizing for government officials, I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Equal rights apply to public property. Display any religious thing you want on your land. Keep it out of OUR courthouse.

Nice dodge, but you did not answer to your own need of proof, provide a link, is what you wanted, you got it, now you're trying to veer this into a Chritian bashing thread. Explain the discrimination of the Jewish & Islam religious symbols being on public property but the Christian symbol, Nativity scene, not being allowed. You can't have it both ways. You brought the Constitution into the debate....
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:16 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Nice dodge, but you did not answer to your own need of proof, provide a link, is what you wanted, you got it, now you're trying to veer this into a Chritian bashing thread. Explain the discrimination of the Jewish & Islam religious symbols being on public property but the Christian symbol, Nativity scene, not being allowed. You can't have it both ways. You brought the Constitution into the debate....

I was trying to edit my post to include a reply, but you replied too quick and it wouldn't let me. So here we go.

You posted about ONE school in NY. Great, that is a problem with that school. ONE problem doesn't constitue a national problem.

I agree with you though, that certain religious symbols in that school are shown, and if you don't think that the CHRISTmas tree is symbolic of CHRISTianity, then I could see you getting offended. The school does seem to think that the Christmas tree is a Christian symbol however, so in their eyes, they are being inclusive of your religion.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:21 am
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I was trying to edit my post to include a reply, but you replied too quick and it wouldn't let me. So here we go.

You posted about ONE school in NY. Great, that is a problem with that school. ONE problem doesn't constitue a national problem.

I agree with you though, that certain religious symbols in that school are shown, and if you don't think that the CHRISTmas tree is symbolic of CHRISTianity, then I could see you getting offended.

Look, there have been plenty of public officials across the nation participating in this discrimination, I will not provide you with more links but they are there. You wanted a link, you got it, two, actually. All you need to do is Google. Also, Mayor Bloomberg said that the NS could not be diaplayed while allowing the jewish & muslim religious symbols.
Why should Christians allow public officials to dictate what they (Christians) take as their religious symbols? Do you think that muslims would allow others to dipict a turban as their religious symbol, or that Jews would allow the wailing wall as their religious symbol?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:36 am
For maporsche
The Christmas tree is not representative for all Christians, whereas the menorrah is accepted by all of the jewish faith as a religious symbol & the star & cresent IS the religious symblo for all muslims.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/xmas_tree.htm
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:09 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
For maporsche
The Christmas tree is not representative for all Christians, whereas the menorrah is accepted by all of the jewish faith as a religious symbol & the star & cresent IS the religious symblo for all muslims.

The Menorrah is what the Jews use to celebrate their winter holiday.

The Christmas tree is what Christians use (I'm sure you have one in your house) to celebrate their winter holiday.

I'm unfamiliar if the Crescent/Star is symbolic of a holiday or just Islam in general.

Either way, the school obviously thinks it has it's bases covered. Are there any pictures of this offensive item?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:12 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Look, there have been plenty of public officials across the nation participating in this discrimination, I will not provide you with more links but they are there. You wanted a link, you got it, two, actually. All you need to do is Google. Also, Mayor Bloomberg said that the NS could not be diaplayed while allowing the jewish & muslim religious symbols.
Why should Christians allow public officials to dictate what they (Christians) take as their religious symbols? Do you think that muslims would allow others to dipict a turban as their religious symbol, or that Jews would allow the wailing wall as their religious symbol?

Your two links were referring to the same school.

The NS is not a symbol is it? Isn't it a scene? Aren't there Christian religous symbols in schools alongside other religious symbols.

And again, one incident does not make it symbolic of America. If you cannot provide me with more links to support your point, then I will take your point as being invalid. It is not my job to prove your point for you, it is yours.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:20 pm
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
For maporsche

The Christmas tree is what Christians use (I'm sure you have one in your house) to celebrate their winter holiday.

I'm unfamiliar if the Crescent/Star is symbolic of a holiday or just Islam in general.

Either way, the school obviously thinks it has it's bases covered. Are there any pictures of this offensive item?

Some Christains refuese to have a Christmas Tree, do you know of any Jews that refuse the Menorrah or say that it isn't a religious symbol, the same for the Star & Cresent?
Yes, I do have a Christmas Tree in my house along with the Nativity, so what? I am not all Christians, & I do not revere the tree as a symobol of the birth of Christ, I don't know any Christians that do.
You brought up the religious symbols & since the Jews nor muslims celebrate the birth of Christ, that doesn't take away the fact that their religious symbols are displayed & Christians religious symbols (the cross &/or the nativity)are not. You can not get around the facts.
Again, I posted two links, there are many more, IF you want to find out about the discriminations, you will look, if not, then I think our conversation is over because you are not familiar with the content of the deabte & apparently have no desire to find out.
Christmas is about the birth of Christ What is so scarey about a Nativity Scene? What is so wrong with it being displayed on public property along with the menorrah & the cresent? What, BTW, does winter solstice & whatever else have to do with Christmas, the day that we celebrate birth of Christ?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 12:55 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
For maporsche

Some Christains refuese to have a Christmas Tree, do you know of any Jews that refuse the Menorrah or say that it isn't a religious symbol, the same for the Star & Cresent?
Yes, I do have a Christmas Tree in my house along with the Nativity, so what? I am not all Christians, & I do not revere the tree as a symobol of the birth of Christ, I don't know any Christians that do.
You brought up the religious symbols & since the Jews nor muslims celebrate the birth of Christ, that doesn't take away the fact that their religious symbols are displayed & Christians religious symbols (the cross &/or the nativity)are not. You can not get around the facts.
Again, I posted two links, there are many more, IF you want to find out about the discriminations, you will look, if not, then I think our conversation is over because you are not familiar with the content of the deabte & apparently have no desire to find out.
Christmas is about the birth of Christ What is so scarey about a Nativity Scene? What is so wrong with it being displayed on public property along with the menorrah & the cresent? What, BTW, does winter solstice & whatever else have to do with Christmas, the day that we celebrate birth of Christ?

I agree with you that if you're going to display religious symbols of some religions you should display them of all religions. You and I are 100% in agreement on this point.

The only point that we disagree on is whether or not the CHRISTmas tree is a symbol of CHRISTmas. I don't believe that Christ is god, therefore I do not have a Christmas tree. You do believe that Christ is god, therefore you have a Christmas tree. I'm positive that next time a Christmas tree get's challenged for being on public property, you'll be right there defending the tree. FACE IT, the Christmas tree is a symbol of Christmas and of Christianity. Are there other sumbols, SURE, but this is a symbol nonetheless.

Nothing is wrong with the NS as compared to other religous symbols. I could care less if it's a Christmas tree, the NS, the cross, whatever. I'm just simply stating that the school thinks they've covered Christianity, and I'm pretty sure most Christian's would think so too.

As far as Winter Solstace, it is not a religious event, but rather an event in nature. Some people choose to celebrate it, their reasons are unknown to me. Celebrations such as these have existed long before Christ was around though, so to question those celebrations is to question something that has existed much longer than Christmas (which is fine, but should be taken in context).
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 01:17 pm
Well, this is progress maporsche. Smile I don't have a problem with ANY religious symbols being on ANY property, so long as they're all represented fairly.
The Christmas tree can be a religious symbol, but not to all Christains & it does not represent the birth of Christ which is what Christmas does celebrate.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 03:45 pm
The christmas tree is not a religious symbol. It predates christianity by thousands of years. It was used to celebrate holidays and adopted by christians and nonchristians.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 04:21 pm
rabel22 wrote:
The christmas tree is not a religious symbol. It predates christianity by thousands of years. It was used to celebrate holidays and adopted by christians and nonchristians.

Dispite it's origins, TODAY it is a religous symbol of Christianity. Or at least Christians think it is. How else would you explain Christians getting upset at Mayor Bloomberg last year about renaming the Tree a "Holiday Tree" from link.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 04:56 pm
The so called "religious" are always upset with someone over something.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 08:28 pm
maporsche wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

Dispite it's origins, TODAY it is a religous symbol of Christianity. Or at least Christians think it is. How else would you explain Christians getting upset at Mayor Bloomberg last year about renaming the Tree a "Holiday Tree" from [URL=http://****.org/]link[/URL].

Do we need to go over this again? It has been proven to you that the tree has nothing to do with the birth of Christ, which is what Christmas is about.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:18 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

Dispite it's origins, TODAY it is a religous symbol of Christianity. Or at least Christians think it is. How else would you explain Christians getting upset at Mayor Bloomberg last year about renaming the Tree a "Holiday Tree" from [URL=http://****.org/]link[/URL].

Do we need to go over this again? It has been proven to you that the tree has nothing to do with the birth of Christ, which is what Christmas is about.

So you have no problem with the tree in NYC being called a Holiday Tree. Would you have a problem with a lawsuit making a Christmas tree in a government building being taken down? What if Home Depot started selling 'Holiday Trees'. You'd have no problem with any of these?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 10:57 pm
A tree by any other name is still a tree.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 11:53 pm
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

So you have no problem with the tree in NYC being called a Holiday Tree. Would you have a problem with a lawsuit making a Christmas tree in a government building being taken down? What if Home Depot started selling 'Holiday Trees'. You'd have no problem with any of these?

FYI, in many places the Christmas tree is called the Holiday tree because of the PC & the people that are apparently fearful of a tree.
Do you have a problem with that?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:34 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

FYI, in many places the Christmas tree is called the Holiday tree because of the PC & the people that are apparently fearful of a tree.
Do you have a problem with that?

No, I prefer it.

But you didn't answer my question. Do YOU have a problem with it. Do you prefer it?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:19 pm
No, I don't have a problem with it, because that tree has npothing to do with the birth of Christ, the nativity Scene does.
Why do you have a problem with the Nativity Scene? Would you mind if the NS were displayed any other day than Christmas?
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:28 pm
Whether the establishment clause of the first amendment can be used as a tool for secularists to neuter the religious traditions still remains a debate.

Clearly it is the minority that is whipping up controversy over the idea of religious symbols, including crosses, Christmas trees, etc.

Bloomberg is either a secularist himself or is cowtowing to the secularist minority in spite of the religious majority, in an effort to keep not to attract any problems. Apparently, the Christmas season causes the greatest stir of anger and resentment among secularists.

By an enormous margin, the Christian population (including Catholics, Protestants, Episcopalians, Methodists, Lutherans, Baptists, Christian Scientists, Mormons, and more) outnumber the secularists.In communities that are dominated by Christians, naturally there will be a Christmas tree at Christmastime. If you go to areas with high concentrations of Jews, you will see a Menorah.

There hasn't been a Jewish outcry to ban the Christmas tree and the word Christmas. This is relatively new and is strictly a secularist issue. The ACLU have been prominent in intimidation tactics on this issue.

IMO, people like Bill O'Reilly who have been willing to call the attacks on Christmas for what they are, have helped to put the secularists in their place and point out their minority status. O'Reilly has also been instrumental in pointing out their intimidation and bullying tactics. He has debated several secularists on his show. These debates have proven very instructional.
0 Replies