Ant-ACLU "Nativity Scene"

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:10 pm
http"//www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2856973
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,231 • Replies: 87
No top replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:16 pm
I'm not even going to try to fix the link.
"Anti-ACLU Nativity Scene" will get you to the photos on google.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 11:29 pm
http//www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2856973

Just had to delete the extra quote mark (") after the http. Works now.

Creative protest. Looks like something we kids might have done back in the day of war protests, equal rights, desegregation and the like.

They get an A for effort. I'll leave it to others to judge the content.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 09:00 am
Thanks. Smile
i thought it was creative while a tad blasphemous at the same time. Good on them for fighting back though.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 09:38 am
That link doesn't work, either.

However, i suspect it's not worth the time and effort to find a workable link.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 09:43 am
Setanta wrote:
That link doesn't work, either.

However, i suspect it's not worth the time and effort to find a workable link.

Don't be so hasty, myself, I am dying to know what ants and the ACLU have in common!

http://flrec.ifas.ufl.edu/entomo/ants/images/ant_anatomy_ant_copy.jpg
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 09:49 am
Works for me, you just have to paste it into your browser's url address field.

I'll make it clickable for you so there's no effort needed.

The Protest Photos

Hmm, can't make it work. Must be one of the characters in the address conflicting with the php code.

Oh well. Guess it will take some effort to paste the url.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 09:52 am
Butrflynet wrote:
Works for me, you just have to paste it into your browser's url address field.

I'll make it clickable for you so there's no effort needed.

The Protest Photos

This is not rocket science, guys. Try hitting preview and clicking on your link to see if it works then hit submit.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 10:01 am
I did that. That's how I knew it didn't work and was able to then comment about it not working. After testing with another website url, I knew it must be a PHP code conflict.

But thanks for the vote of confidence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 10:29 am
Well, i'd never visited Democraticunderground, but now, thanks to LSM, i've wasted my time there. I do note, however, the likely source of LSM's Mary Cheney thread. I find it as ridiculous as the Freepers, and will in future be as unlikely to go there as i currently am unlikely to visit FreeRepublic. Ironically, i found nothing there about a nativity scene or the ACLU, or ants. LSM must really dig deep there. Sad, really . . .

Anyone interested in the leftwing version of Free Republic can read Wikipedia's article about Democratic Underground here.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 01:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
Well, i'd never visited Democraticunderground, but now, thanks to LSM, i've wasted my time there. I do note, however, the likely source of LSM's Mary Cheney thread. I find it as ridiculous as the Freepers, and will in future be as unlikely to go there as i currently am unlikely to visit FreeRepublic. Ironically, i found nothing there about a nativity scene or the ACLU, or ants. LSM must really dig deep there. Sad, really . . .

Anyone interested in the leftwing version of Free Republic can read Wikipedia's article about Democratic Underground here.

I had never gone there either & still haven't read anything there except for this photos. I simply went to google.
As for you other unasked for personal opinion of me, I consider the source & get more of a chuckle out of your continued badgering than anything else, speaking of sad.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 01:37 pm
I did not express a personal opinion of you, i simply noted that it was the likely source of your Mary Cheney thread.

When you think people are out to get you, but have no evidence, that is generally referred to as paranoia.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 02:50 pm
Setanta wrote:
I did not express a personal opinion of you, i simply noted that it was the likely source of your Mary Cheney thread.

When you think people are out to get you, but have no evidence, that is generally referred to as paranoia.

Is that your considered opinion? if so, I have no qualms about your opinion, however, I do have questions about your mind set. it's rather closed, don'cha think, or at least that is my opinion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:03 pm
Imagine my deafening indifference . . .
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:38 pm
Setanta wrote:
Imagine my deafening indifference . . .

Awww, don't wanna play anymore....sniff....sniff
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 03:42 pm
Oh, i'm happy to keep playing--i just wanted you to have no illusions--i don't give a rat's ass what your opinions are.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
Oh, i'm happy to keep playing--i just wanted you to have no illusions--i don't give a rat's ass what your opinions are.

Surprisingly, we both have some of the same thoughts, I don't give two figs what your opinions are either.
It's so nice to agree, it's been a long hard struggle.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:20 pm
Yes, i have come to realize that you struggle mightily to understand plain English; especially, it often appears, as the even wears on.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yes, i have come to realize that you struggle mightily to understand plain English; especially, it often appears, as the even wears on.

Touche. However, believe me, I do understand you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:23 pm
I believe that you think that you do. But i've dealt with a lot of self-deluded people in my life, so . . . no problem.
0 Replies