Amigo

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 04:11 pm
http://www.drakeinstitute.com/index_add.html
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 02:11 pm
Marty--

You're earning your gray hair.

Can you convince his father that a little role modeling might be helpful? Or that the tutoring is an extraordinary medical expense?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:42 pm
His father has agreed to pay for the tutoring. What a relief. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the year things will turn around for him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:43 pm
Well, that's good news. As they say, hang in there, all of you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:07 am
martybarker wrote:
Just venting.......3 F's, 1 D, and a B in PE ugggghhhhhhhh

Ugh, is right! F, F, D, B here. I honestly believe that if we met, and accidently went home with the other's son, we may not notice for a few days.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 02:23 pm
Children!

Ladies--

Eventually life is easier--or at least less worrisome.

Hold your dominions.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2007 06:25 pm
Life can be so stressful, yet so full. I couldn't imagine my life without these little guys.(but not so little anymore Crying or Very sad )
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 11:59 am
Marty--

Pity he's too young to spend a few weeks this summer digging ditches or washing dishes--without air conditioning.

Unfortunately he's probably convinced himself not only that he's above formal learning but also that he's entitled to sloth because His Parents Have Ruined His Life.

Pity that you can't sentence him to cross stitching "Don't Cut Off Your Nose to Spite Your Face" on a piece of silk without an embroidery hoop.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 07:26 pm
Well, I did stand out in the backyard last week and showed him how to cut the grass. Digging ditches may be a few more months away.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 08:47 pm
Marty--

I had a stepson who welded dumpsters for six years before he got really interested in Book Learning.

He's the exasperated father of a son who would rather play hockey than go to college.

Actually in these days of automated ditch-digging they don't trust high school dropouts with expensive machinery.
0 Replies

luvmykidsandhubby

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:26 am
If this any relief I was a little bit like that as a child now have an MD with my name. homework was a constant issue not just forgetting but almost never doing it. I always managed to pass though. My son is 7 but I can see there will be issues of the same nature. Wish U all the best. Keep in mind taht U are doing everything U can, beyond that constant worrrying will cut down your capacity to deal with it.
0 Replies

luvmykidsandhubby

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 01:17 pm
Marty !!!
I am so excited found a wonerful resource for you. Dr.LEonard Sax is a leadinf research psychologist he has been researching why boys are unmotivated and underachieving, He offers solutions too. His book is just out called " Boys adrift" there is a web site by the same name too. Amazing stuff. Everone should atleast visit the website.

I just listened to the book review on DR show at National Pubklic Radio. I am definitely getting the book and will visit the website. But the whole time I was thinking about your situation and hope this helps you. He said the earlier you intervene the better.

Again you are doing your best, you will change what you can change and you will change your reaction to the rest.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 03:02 pm
Thank you, I'll check out that website tonight. My son is entering 8th grade and managed to pull all grades except for math up above an F

And I've said before, he is a dear, sweet boy but I lose patience sometimes.
0 Replies

DrMom

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 08:28 pm
bookmark
0 Replies