Someone, please, hold a gun to my head

princesspupule

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:23 am
Jnkie mentioned marketing gimmick; did anyone go into Macy's after Labor Day? The store over here (outer Hawaiian island) put theirs up that following week. I kid you not.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 02:54 am
Quote:
If Christ ever saw what we've done to his birthday

Dec 25th aint his birthday, census time in Betlehem was MAY.

Another crock of shite from the lying roman catholics. It was an attempt to subsume the pagan solstice festivals or some such.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 05:14 am
It makes me ill to think about what Christ would think. Poor guy, he wanders around for three years talking to people about their relationship to God is connected to their relationship to other people. "Blessed are the Peacemakers... ." He tells people to love one another, gets himself executed.

There's more, of course. But here's a test for believers of which I no longer include myself : Read those first few chapters of Luke. The ones where Joseph and Mary have to journey to Bethlehem. Then take the book and go down to the mall and stand somewhere the Cheese Factory and the Books-a-Million and read it again.

Try to connect the two realities.

And a reminder to everyone that this is in the HUMOR section. It is kind of funny to think of Christ winding up some of those "casting out the moneychangers" ropewhips and heading out towards the Outlet Mall.

Joe(all is calm, all is bright)Nation
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 08:18 am
dadpad wrote:
...Another crock of shite from the lying roman catholics. It was an attempt to subsume the pagan solstice festivals or some such.

I don't believe we lying roman catholics claim that it is the actual date of
Christ's birth. It's the date on which we celebrate the the nativity. And,
yes, that particular time was chosen to have a Christian celebration to
counter the very popular "pagan" celebrations.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 08:22 am
Sorry, Joe.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 08:46 am
I've never bothered with them. I figure anyone who wants to know how I'm doing already knows and the people I care about already know it too. I must confess; I do like getting pictures of the children, so I might change my tune if I ever have any of thoseĀ… just to be fair.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2006 07:28 pm
No kids, Bill? We got to get you some. Just the thing you need to make you realize that as busy as you think you are now, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Joe(Manage budget meeting AND remember that it's PTA night)Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 11:51 am
Oh yeah, Bill, and while you're out...pick up something for the kids to eat tonight, check O'BillJr.'s math homework, figure out something nice but cheap to get his 8 teachers for gifts, and be sure to get that prescription for back pills refilled while you're at it. 'Tis the season, you know. Laughing

This believer passes your test, Joe, by disconnecting popular cultural celebrations from spiritual belief. You're right though, He'd have a tough time at the mall.

E(your card was lovely, as always...yours will be late again)va
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm
George wrote:
The thread title included the word "gun" and cjhsa hasn't shown.
'Sup with that?

No sense of humour, perhaps?

Out Christmas shopping for ammo with OmSigDavid and gungasnake?

Boning up at the shooting range?
0 Replies