All things Pelosi

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:05 am
This thread is for all things Pelosi. Have something nice to say about her? Post it here. Have something not so nice to say? Say it here.

PELOSI -- IS SHE REALLY THIS OBTUSE?

Don't you just love that word ... obtuse? The dictionary gives us this: "not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull. see Pelosi, Nancy "

Yesterday I told you that Pelosi had condemned the president for saying that Al Qaeda was involved in the insurgency in Iraq. She said that "the 9/11 Commission dismissed that notion a long time ago and I feel sad that the president is resorting to it again."

Now Pelosi made that statement on November 28th. November 28th would be 18 days after November 10th. That's two and one-half weeks. Eighteen days is enough time for even the obtuse Nancy Pelosi (sorry for the redundancy) to absorb the fact that on that date Al Qaeda released a video tape claiming that they had 12,000 fighters working in Iraq. Al Qaeda brags of the number of fighters it has mobilized to battle American troops in Iraq, and Pelosi says she is sad that the president is saying that Al Qaeda has fighters in Iraq.

We should all feel sad that this stupid woman is going to be the new Speaker of the House.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,067 • Replies: 278
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:12 am
July 12, 2000, Peter Dale Scott asks:

"PLEASE HELP STOP CONGRESSWOMAN PELOSI FROM KILLING THE CIA-DRUG STORY"
http://www.drugwar.com/cv3.shtm
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:13 am
Don't you just love that word ... obtuse? The dictionary gives us this: "not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull. see McGentrix "
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:20 am
Pelosi also promised to fullfill all of the 911 committees reccomendations, before the election, now she isn't. Not that I believe she'll fullfill any promises she made, including we will make this the most ethical congress in history, then she supported Murtha.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:20 am
obtuse... see Pelosi

purposefully ignorant....see bush

lemming.... see McGentrix
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:24 am
try to change topic of thread, see....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:29 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
try to change topic of thread, see....
Yes, I agree, should be all things Bush.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:33 am
It's a bait thread, folks . . . the intent is to get a rise out of people . . . i recommend satire and irrelevance . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:35 am
Setanta wrote:
It's a bait thread, folks . . . the intent is to get a rise out of people . . . i recommend satire and irrelevance . . .

I'm very good at irrelevence.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:35 am
Never let the normal idjits bother you. They have no happiness in their lives and find thread disruption one of the few joys in their dreary lives.

New Speaker, Old Virtues
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:41 am
The realnancy pelosi

http://www.sadbastards.wordpress.com/2006/11/10/the-real-nancy-pelosi-multi-millionaire-non-union-resort-barroness/
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:43 am
McGentrix wrote:
Never let the normal idjits bother you. They have no happiness in their lives and find thread disruption one of the few joys in their dreary lives.

Tell me again that you're not hateful, McG. Just how do you profess to know if someone else has any happiness in his or her life?

Priceless entertainment, though . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:45 am
Mcg, if anyone ever accuses you of being rational, I will be the first to defend you.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:51 am
http://americafortruth.com/news/does=nancy-pelosi-condone-manboy-sex-if-the-man-is-a-democrat.html
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:52 am
http://americafortruth.com/news/does-nancy-pelosi-condone-manboy-sex-if-the-man-is-a-democrat.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:00 am
I'll not encourage your attempts to thwart this thread. If you have personal issues, PM me. But, take your trolling elsewhere.

Pelosi's new life: politics under the microscope

Marc Sandalow, Washington Bureau Chief

Sunday, November 19, 2006

(11-19) 04:00 PST Washington -- House Speaker-to-be Nancy Pelosi received a rude reminder this past week that every move she makes will now be scrutinized, analyzed and ripped apart for meaning.

Her Democratic colleagues' rejection of her choice for majority leader made news around the globe, reinforcing the notion that what had been fodder for Capitol Hill newspapers when Democrats were in the minority, has become international news now that they are in the majority.

"She's learning exactly what Newt Gingrich learned 12 years ago,'' said Jack Pitney, a professor of political science at Claremont McKenna College outside Los Angeles and the author of several books on Congress. "Suddenly she's facing an entirely new level of scrutiny, and mistakes that would have gotten little public attention are suddenly magnified.''

Many explanations have been offered for Pelosi's awkward introduction as a speaker-to-be, from her single-minded devotion to personal alliances to her determination that ending the war in Iraq be the new majority's No. 1 priority. Some Pelosi supporters even suggest that she "won by losing,'' establishing her credentials as a loyalist willing to suffer defeat in order to stand by an ally.

Whatever the truest explanation, the nation learned much this week about the San Francisco woman who is to become the House's 52nd speaker on Jan. 3.

She is a risk-taker who places an enormous premium on personal loyalty and trust. She is a woman with a long memory who does not easily forget those who have crossed her. And she is motivated less by the ideological labels that have defined her national image -- in this case Pelosi backed the more conservative candidate -- than by tactical calculations of internal House politics.

Pelosi has displayed a gift for the inside game of congressional politics -- caucus building, legislative maneuvering, vote counting -- since she first walked onto the House floor as a member 19 years ago.

But those skills seemed to fail her last week when her Democratic colleagues rebuffed her effort to have Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania named majority leader by a convincing 149-86 vote in favor of Maryland Rep. Steny Hoyer, who has been Pelosi's top deputy since she became party leader in 2002.

As Pelosi moves forward, last week's setback will be scrutinized for what clues it holds about her leadership and priorities, even as it left many members of her own caucus at a loss to explain what had previously appeared to be a near flawless post-election game plan.

"I can't speak of what's going through the minds of Mr. Murtha or Ms. Pelosi,'' said Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Los Angeles, voicing the sentiments of many Democrats struggling to understand why the party engaged in a divisive fight just one week after its midterm election triumph.

But some of the qualities Pelosi exhibited last week have been long apparent to those who know her best.

Her desire to surround herself with loyal allies was evident when she resisted pressure from the Congressional Black Caucus in 2002 to name Rep. William Jefferson of New Orleans to head the party's House re-election committee, choosing instead her longtime friend Rep. Bob Matsui of Sacramento. When Matsui died of a rare stem cell disease last year, Rep. Rahm Emanuel of Illinois became chairman of the committee.

Her Pelosi's willingness to place pragmatism above ideology has been clear in her campaign and fundraising priorities. And she has promoted many conservative Democrats -- Rep. John Spratt of South Carolina, Rep. Sanford Bishop of Georgia, Rep. Collin Peterson of Minnesota and Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena to name a few -- to prominent roles and committee assignments helping ease concerns that her liberalism would guide her decisions.

Yet Pelosi has never before been on the losing side of such a lopsided power play.

Her election in 2001 as whip and 2002 as Democratic leader followed smoothly run campaigns that displayed a masterful knowledge of her Democratic colleagues. Those performances gave even more pause to some members last week as Pelosi backed Murtha over the heavily favored Hoyer who, according to some Pelosi allies, harbors his own ambitions and has not displayed sufficient loyalty to Pelosi.

Even those who reject the charge of disloyalty against Hoyer -- he has expressed strong support for Pelosi in the news media -- said that after winning such a decisive victory as majority leader he now is free to operate even more independently.

The pace will slow inside the Capitol for the next two weeks, as members observe a two-week Thanksgiving recess before returning to prepare for the formal transition of power that occurs when the new Congress is sworn in Jan. 3.

But Pelosi will quickly face dozens of high-profile decisions, from making committee assignments and choosing committee chairs, to deciding which investigations should go forward and what legislation is debated on the floor.

Among the early decisions likely to stir more controversy is whom to name as chair of the House Intelligence Committee, a sensitive and high-profile assignment on a committee that Pelosi served on for 10 years, and which has enormous implications at a time of war.

The ranking Democrat is Rep. Jane Harman of Venice (Los Angeles County), who has a rocky relationship with Pelosi. House sources say Pelosi, annoyed at Harman for her initial support for the war in Iraq and further annoyed by her lobbying efforts for the post, is unlikely to get it.

But Pelosi's options are not enviable. The next senior Democrat is Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida, who was impeached and removed from his job as a federal judge in 1989 before his election to Congress. If Pelosi decides to pass over an impeached judge for the sensitive post, she will probably draw criticism from the Black Congressional Caucus -- of which Hastings is a member -- who believe Pelosi has overlooked their members in the past.

It is part of a nearly impossible task of balancing competing priorities that Pelosi handled with aplomb during four years as minority leader, but must now be carried out on a much bigger stage.

"Welcome to the NFL,'' Pitney said. "It's a whole new level of competition. You're going to take a lot of hits and you're going to sustain a lot of pain.''

Republicans quickly seized on last week's divisions to assert that Democratic control of Congress is fragile.

Asked on MSNBC how Republicans would reclaim the majority, Rep. Ray LaHood of Illinois said, "I think we just got it handed back to us. I think Pelosi's in the self-destruct mode and has been in that mode all week.''

Some Democrats privately conceded that the animosity created by leadership fights can take a long time to heal. But most said the public would soon forget, and the party would move on.

"Yes, she made a mistake,'' Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., told Bloomberg Television on Friday. "But I wish I could eat more and not gain weight. Sometimes you have to learn to live with things. The fact is that this will have no lasting negative effect. People thought that a very able person made one mistake.''

Waters said the in-house fight would not make Democrats "lose the opportunity afforded to us by the people of this country last week.''

Added Thompson: "We'll move on by doing what the American people want us to do. This is more a monster of the media than a reality within our caucus.''

Yet the media monster will now be looking to the Democratic side for nourishment.

The very first question after Pelosi was named Thursday as the party's choice as speaker came from Major Garrett of Fox News Channel, who asked Pelosi why 60 percent of the House Democrats had "defied your call to vote for John Murtha. In retrospect, what does that say about the wisdom of that endorsement and your clout within the Democratic caucus?''

Pelosi said, "I stand very, very proudly behind my endorsement of Mr. Murtha.''

"No regrets?'' Garrett persisted?

"No. I'm not a person who has regrets,'' Pelosi said.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:13 am
I'll not encourage your attempts to....
That has been my problem, I have encouraged them, no more.
Good for you.
Nancy Pelosi is a disaster in the making. I don't believe that she will be able to herd the new Dems coming in, it would be like trying to heard cats, they're nearly all conservative to moderate & she is one of the most, if not THE most liberal in the House. Should be interesting to watch, & I do wish them well.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
I'll not encourage your attempts to thwart this thread. If you have personal issues, PM me. But, take your trolling elsewhere.

This comes from the King of thread diversion. You do it all the time when you don't like the topic.

I'm am hilariously amused, though. I strongly suspect that you would have personal issues if someone pointed out that you are an idjit.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:17 am
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Tell me again that you're not hateful, McG. Just how do you profess to know if someone else has any happiness in his or her life?

Priceless entertainment, though . . .

Never let McGentrix get you down Set. He is embittered about being rejected for military service and posing as a real tough he man is one of the few joys in his dreary life. Laughing

On a serious note, how does it feel to just rip Pelosi to shreds about every damn thing before she even takes office..... being as you couldn't tolerate the Godless liberals giving bush the same treament....whassa matter you tough real Americans..... you can dish it out but you can't take it?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 10:21 am
It's interesting to see no positive stories have been posted regarding Pelosi. Guess there just aren't any.
0 Replies