I am doubting my faith - need guidance/advice.

aperson

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 09:49 pm
Easy explanation.

As group animals we evolved to feel affected by others suffering. It helps communities work together and feel connected. We are much better off against a saber tooth as a group than alone.
0 Replies

vikasradhakrishnan

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 10:21 pm
well there is some ground for having that faith at least. easy explanation yes. but an explanation that is not farce or a fairy tale.as group animals we work better.but if a few people felt survival of the fittest is the way of life then there would be no group no animal.anyways how would it matter whether god existed or not as long as we just remain good humans and there existed brotherhood of man, peace and harmony.its better than killing in the name of religion.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 10:31 pm
When it comes down to it, you can choose to believe in God or any other greater deity. No one can prove or disprove the existence of God. Just as no one can prove or disprove the existence of fairies.

If I came up with proof against fairies, fairy-believers would just come up with an explanation. "Oh, fairies MUST be real, so there MUST be an explanation for this so called proof, and since _____ is a possible explanation, it MUST be a valid one". Get my drift? Remove the first "must" and the argument falls to pieces. Chrisitans fail to do this. See my signiture.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 10:34 pm
Oh, and if a few individuals decided that to not work in the group, they would have a smaller chance of survival. In this way, the "individual" gene is filtered out.

Seems it's coming back though.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 12:24 am
Rockpie, God put it for you simply-

And if you obey most of those on the Earth, they will lead you astray from God's way; they follow nothing but conjectures and they preach nothing but falsehoods. Surely your Lord- He best knows who goes astray from His way, and He best knows those who follow the right course. (Surah Al-Anaam: 116-117)

Don't let them delude you away from the Truth.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 02:43 am
You annoy me with your totally blind faith and innumerable quotations. If you really believe in God you will try and find out the true meaning behind the Bible. It is a load of bullshit. It has countless mis-translations, contridictions and mixed messages.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 01:55 pm
aperson wrote:
You annoy me with your totally blind faith and innumerable quotations. If you really believe in God you will try and find out the true meaning behind the Bible. It is a load of bullshit. It has countless mis-translations, contridictions and mixed messages.

This is not from the Bible, it's from the Quran and there are no contradictions at all and it remains unchanged since the day it was sent down. And along with it's poetic style (in Arabic only) and it's miracles (ie. Day is is found exactly 365 times, month is found exactly 12 times), it is Divine.

But anyways, back on topic. The only reason your pissed is because it reveals the truth - you follow nothing but conjectures and falsehoods, and then try to lead others astray. As God says, there are devils of mankind and jinn.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 01:58 pm
Raul, please look at my most recent post in "The Ten Reasonable Guidelines".
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 02:00 pm
Oh and your last paragraph in the previous post is so rich and hypocritical, it is laughable.

I was a Christian. My view is clear (see my signiture) unlike yours. And now that my view is clear, I see what before was impossible to see. Regard everything with an open mind. Then you will see the light.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 02:01 pm
Are you saying that the notion of God is not a conjecture; that you KNOW he exists?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 03:38 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
This is not from the Bible, it's from the Quran and there are no contradictions at all and it remains unchanged since the day it was sent down. And along with it's poetic style (in Arabic only) and it's miracles (ie. Day is is found exactly 365 times, month is found exactly 12 times), it is Divine.

Wow, what a miracle! Poetic style along with coincidence. Why didn't I see it befor... I'm gonna have to convert now that there's proof.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 04:41 pm
rosborne979 wrote:

Wow, what a miracle! Poetic style along with coincidence. Why didn't I see it befor... I'm gonna have to convert now that there's proof.

Yes, very funny.

What about the verse "men are equal to women" - mathematically they are equal as well, the word man and women are written 24 times each.

The word Angel and Devil are written 88 times each. The word Dunia (this World) and Hereafter are mentioned 115 times each. Life 145; Death 145. Hardship 114; Patience 114. The word Sea 32 times and Land 13 times.

Sea + land = 32+13= 45

Sea = 32/45*100=71.11111111%
Land = 13/45*100 = 28.88888889%
Sea + land =100.00%

Modern science has only recently proven that the water covers 71.111% of the Earth, while the land covers 28.889%.

Oh, what a coincedence! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 04:57 pm
Raul, you still haven't replied to my posts. Are you answering one question to avoid another?
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 05:06 pm
Well, since the Old Testament was compliled by people without any noted intervention of God, we can say that either:
1) The people who compliled it were very smart and knowledgable
2) It is a coincidence
or
3) Aliens compiled the Quran

I'm guessing the third option.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 05:07 pm
Oh or
4) It is a coincidence but also the translators accidentally mis-translated it.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 05:10 pm
Oh, and it is obvious that men were not treated equal to women. If God does think that they are, maybe he would have done something.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 07:14 pm
aperson wrote:
Are you saying that the notion of God is not a conjecture; that you KNOW he exists?

Yes, I know He exists. No doubt.

Einstein put it logically.

"The idea that that this universe in all it's million-fold order & precision is the result of blind chance is as credible as the idea that if a printshop blew up all the type would fall down again in the finished & faultless form of the dictionary" -Albert Einstein
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 07:32 pm
Do you not know what "know" means?

Ever heard of the Anthropic priciple? Find out, it would interest you.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 07:35 pm
And you still haven't replied to my fourth post on this page and my second to last post on page 17.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 07:57 pm
aperson wrote:
And you still haven't replied to my fourth post on this page and my second to last post on page 17.

Well I'm sorry to see you lost faith, but that happens when you have over a 100 versions of a "Divine" Scripture. People do not know who to believe, especially when most contradict each other. But the Quran was the last Revelation and God promised it would not be changed like the other two Scriptures before it. Thus it still remains unchanged till this day.

As for the light, Allah has already guided me, I've seen the Truth. The life of this World is just a mere transition for the Hereafter - a very long test if you will. The Prophet (PBUH) said it best, "Work for this Life as if you were immortal; and work for the Hereafter as if you were going to die tommorow." The key is to find the balance; don't let this World get the best of you (ie materialism, etc.) for the true life starts in the Hereafter.

I don't need mankind telling me what do, Allah knows what is better for me - I do not.
0 Replies