rioting in Benton Harbor

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 07:12 am
edgarblythe wrote:
It was late and I was tired, sweet. I had to leave it til I could concentrate on the information. I will check it more closely today.

thank you, EB, just picked up your above message; I think I got my feelings hurt a bit again, but, I should have realized at least you, of all people, would actually take the time . . . love ya'
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 07:34 am
sweet - It looks like a great site. It will take time to explore, though - lots of information there.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 07:37 am
Embarrassed Thank you, Mac; between you and EB, I feel much better now :wink: !
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:45 am
Excuse me Sweet, but you insulted me first. Please go back and reread the thread.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:11 am
Aw, Jesus Christ...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:05 am
Snood, you're like a left wing Bill O'Reilly the way you manage your threads. Get a grip.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:08 am
I'd like to "get a grip" Of your frikkin' windpipe, you miserable, troublemaking wretch.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:11 am
cjhsa
Are you here to foment trouble or what?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:17 am
Absolutely when I post a decent response, get insulted, and then continue to do so.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:19 am
That a threat, Snood?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:26 am
edgar - He's like a cloud, blowing around, seeking a doorway to darken.

...came into this thread with his mind made up, closed and bitter - will probably leave that way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:29 am
Best to avoid the thread for a day or so.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:31 am
Probably right. Or at least until there is substantive change in the developing story.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:37 am
Yet another insult...comon guys, can't you do better than that?
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:39 am
cjhsa wrote:
Yet another insult...comon guys, can't you do better than that?

How about doing better by stopping the insult train? And let's not talk about who started it or anything else like that. Just let the taunting end here. Thank you.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:52 am
Yes, Leesen to Imoderator (apologies to Iman)....I was just getting interested in this thread, and would like to continue following the story without interruptions. Thanks in advance.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 01:04 pm
snood wrote:
You're not just reading me wrong, by your post I'm wondering if you're reading at all. I didn't say anything about "seeking" any charges.

snood wrote:
I'm interested in any charges of police misconduct.

I read that to mean you are seeking information on any charges of police misconduct. Do I really have to use the exact wording you used to avoid a reprimand? Confused

I meant no offense, it simply appears that you bring a bias to this discussion and asked others to avoid doing so. I thought that impression was worth mentioning.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 01:11 pm
snood wrote:
...came into this thread with his mind made up, closed and bitter - will probably leave that way.

I can't help thinking that this describes you, snood. I don't mean that as an insult, but it seems clear to me that you lean towards absolving the rioters of responsibility for their own actions and have a prejudice towards assuming the cops are at fault in this.

Now, if I am wrong in that, please simply tell me. I will take your word on it. Honestly. But from what you've written thus far in this thread, that is the impression I get.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 04:27 pm
Scrat wrote:
snood wrote:

I can't help thinking that this describes you, snood. I don't mean that as an insult, but it seems clear to me that you lean towards absolving the rioters of responsibility for their own actions and have a prejudice towards assuming the cops are at fault in this.

Now, if I am wrong in that, please simply tell me. I will take your word on it. Honestly. But from what you've written thus far in this thread, that is the impression I get.

Tell you what - meet you halfway. I won't read into your words and you don't read into mine - we'll comment on the story as it develops, and say what we think about that, and not each other. Can you handle that?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 04:52 pm
I read snood's words to mean he was watching to see if anything like that developed, not that he was demanding same.
0 Replies