Women say goodbye to Bush.

patiodog

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 04:02 pm
Dunno -- I think CJ may be right in surmising that there are at least as many who vote specifically against a pro-life ticket, as well.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 05:24 pm
That's true too.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 07:53 pm
patiodog wrote:
Dunno -- I think CJ may be right in surmising that there are at least as many who vote specifically against a pro-life ticket, as well.

I don't know!

I certainly would not argue either way on this with any real conviction.

But (and I may be fooling myself here) among the people I know for whom the issue is important...

...the ones who vote Democratic because of the abortion issue seem to have more in common with the remainder of the Dems platform...

...than the ones who vote Republican because of the abortion issue.

The latter often have absolutely nothing in common with ANY of the rest of the Reps platform and direction -- in fact, they often seem 180 out of synch with it.

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER.

Like I said, I would argue either side with much passion.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 08:48 pm
I went to a pro choice rally during Daddy Bushes administration and one of the signs said:

"KEEP GEORGE OUT OF MY BUSH!!!!"

Ha Ha.
0 Replies

Brian

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 08:57 pm
fealola wrote:
I went to a pro choice rally during Daddy Bushes administration and one of the signs said:

"KEEP GEORGE OUT OF MY BUSH!!!!"

Ha Ha.

Did the other side of the sign say "I WANT WILLY IN MY BUSH" ? Laughing
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:03 pm
Lick Bush Again in '04
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:05 pm
Oh brian - get a life. That sort of stuff stopped being funny a while ago, and is simply tiresome. Don't you have anything else in your head?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:05 pm
Oh brian - get a life. That sort of stuff stopped being funny a while ago, and is simply tiresome. Don't you have anything else in your head?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:22 pm
kuvasz - took me a while to get to it, but I think what you're saying is that Bush equals the brain who thinks brute strength is the super answer. It's not just Bush - it's all the heroes he's gathered around him. That's what Hitler did, too - his force was all men, and built on the domination theory.

And, tart, as an alcoholic he is not only a manipulator, but can be manipulated himself. As for bi - I wonder even about that. I agree with you - here, particularly among the republicans, that is the word that shall not be mentioned. Just ask Ashcroft.

The pro-choice issue is one on which Bush backed down before - because all the internal polling showed that the votes he needed would not be there if he went with the anti-abortion people. From what I've seen so far, that hasn't changed much. Most women seem to realize that the larger issue is the woman's right to choose, not the fact of abortion. It's one of the things that gave Whitman the New Jersey vote - that she did not support the anti-choice group.

But the lack of visible women in the Bush administration is being noticed. And as more leave, it's even stronger to see. Makes me wonder about the basic attitudes of the republican die-hards.
0 Replies

Brian

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:36 pm
mamajuana wrote:

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 09:05 am
Note that mama only criticized Brian's humor, as if the others weren't equally as tiresome.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 12:35 pm
cjhsa - You call that humor? And brian is the one who keeps coming back. I'm used to max - he's never changes.

Regarding what you refer to as "humor," there's a thread topic here, and all the juvenile stuff that passes as humor has focused on one tired topic - and that hasn't been the thread topic.
0 Replies