Women say goodbye to Bush.

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 08:57 am
But many of us aren't comfortable with the sniper actions of the cowardly anti-Clinton folks. You smear someone with insinuation, will not or cannot back it up, and then disingenuously cop out with things like "I'm perfectly comfortable with..." Those of us who take aim and shoot at Bush are fairly scrupulous about providing links to articles in the media, quotations, etc. I'd have some respect for you if you did the same.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:04 am
Quote:
I'd have some respect for you if you did the same.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/LOL.GIF
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/LOL.GIF
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:09 am
Well, that's true Max! Maybe not you?
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:10 am
Forgive me if I don't hold my breath, ok?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:22 am
A healthy decision!
0 Replies

Brian

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:36 am
Tartarin wrote:
But many of us aren't comfortable with the sniper actions of the cowardly anti-Clinton folks. You smear someone with insinuation, will not or cannot back it up, and then disingenuously cop out with things like "I'm perfectly comfortable with..." Those of us who take aim and shoot at Bush are fairly scrupulous about providing links to articles in the media, quotations, etc. I'd have some respect for you if you did the same.

It would be a cop out if these scandals hadn't been discussed over and over and over and over and over again for the last 10 years. I'm sure you're as at least as informed as I am on these issues and have formed your own opinion, just as I have. You have chosen to believe Clinton, and I have chosen to believe the women. I will post a link and you will post something that tries to prove it's not true. And it will go on forever. I've already done this many times in the past and I'm not doing it again. It wouldn't change your mind...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:41 am
Brian wrote:
BiPolar-

If I did post court documents or links here it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't change your opinion or any other Clinton supporters opinion. You know it, I know it. Why waste my time? And further, I really don't care to rehash all that crap again. When I do I bring it up I do it for laughs. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that Clinton lovers will always defend and believe his side of the story in this regard.

How would you know that Brian? You've posted none. Are you psychic? Razz
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:45 am
He knew you would say that!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:47 am
Brian wrote:
Tartarin wrote:
They do say that Karen Hughes "remains close." I do wonder whether Laura Bush is all there, in every sense of the term.

Brian, please. Why is it that the Clinton myths continue to be promulgated by those who, when asked for the goods, heave a huge sigh and say something like, "Why bother! You'll never believe me!" 1) Dishonest. 2) Cowardly. 3) Boring.

Myths? Rolling Eyes I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that Clinton lovers will always defend and believe his side of the story, despite the fact that there is no reason to. All of this stuff has been discussed and hashed over for years. If anyone but left wingers shared your opinion I would have to evaluate my opinion again.

Brian would that be at all similar to Bush lickers who will always defend the invasion of Iraq, even though they can't turn up any WMD's and the country, except for the oil production of course is in shambles not unlike Afghanistan is in shambles?

Clintons mess on Monicas dress is strictly amateurish compared to the mess that your Jesus Bush has made.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:50 am
Hey -- at least Clinton was doing it to young women.

Bush is doing it to the country, the world, and, according to rumor, other men.

Jeez!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 09:51 am
LittleK

I apparently do belong to that site (just found out) but I am a dolt when it comes to working in the site.

Could you PM me with some instructions for how to load the picture into the site so I can then load it into here?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 10:59 am
waiting for Brian to post those links.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 11:50 am
EhBeth -- join me on a round the world cruise...
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 01:02 pm
Only proves a point. Not one of those people (brian, max, mcG) said anything at all about any of the women mentioned. Instead - here they come with good old Bill again. Gratuitous statement about Willey, brian. You offer a salacious comment without anything at all to back it up. You didn't know the background story, did you? Sounds like you know exactly where all the WMDs are - you just won't tell.

Back to Bush and the women, for a moment. Max, you may have thought this was light humor, but it's not. All your talk about Bill and women has been said lots of times. But have you thought at all about how the lack of women in Bush's life makes him appear? Sexist, for one. Discriminatory, for another. Derogatory towards women. for another. (I notice the directions for holding Laura's hand have gone, so she now appears two steps behind him.)

And his walk, and the way his clothes fit him, and the fact that not even the adulatory republican women seem to find him the least bit attractive - sort of strange. Add to that the fact that he can't seem to work with women - a lot of suspicious stuff there. And that peculiar pretzel incident - even his dogs didn't care. He himself told the story about them just sitting there and looking at him - weren't they worried? Probably female dogs, just waiting to see.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 02:22 pm
back on topic, and before i posted the ideas for this, i checked with my mom, who agreed, so i have her imprimitur and she has actually shot people and has been wounded in the line of duty as a federal cop. so dont mess with her. she might just bust a cap in your butt just to see you dance.

women, female humans are generally physically weaker by nature. men, males, are stronger. the latter is systemitized into the way men look at solving problems beyond those situations where brute strength is the deciding factor.

the attitude of brute strength is one where one wrestles a problem to the ground. this can be reflected by the way men approach problems, directly head-on as if all that is needed is the necessary fulcrum, lever, and force needed to move the lever. generally the attitude is " I need this much force to move this much weight."

women, because of their different physiology have learned that the direct way is more difficult than for men in dealing with the same situations where men just use the direct application of force.

usually, even boys are physically stronger than girls and their interactions show that boys use force because they can. so do the males of most of the great apes and chimp species. females must defend themselves, and need to rely on methods other than the direct application of force, since their experience shows that this is not always going to work in interpersonal relations. they cultivate a higher degree of accepting an alternative method that does not rely on the direct application of force.

the current administration is nothing if not a prime primate example of maleness and this sex's typical application of force to resolve problems.

( i have to say that aWOL's codpiece episode on that air craft carrier made me laugh out loud...so viril, so bold, so struting like a peacock damn funny!)

many of the women in the bush administration must be wondering why bush and his minions have taken many of the actions they have, when the women see that there are alternative ways of resolving the problems.

i think that the ones who have left the bush adminstration see that their opinions on how to resove problems is being ignored.

i think that this is at the heart of the advantage the democrats have over republicans with women, it stems from the philosophies of each party, where democrats are more likely to look at mulitple sides of issues to see what they consider the best, most prudent actions to resolve issues. the republicans have more of an attitude that multiple sided analysis yields too much self analysis and slows response time to resolve issues, so they are less inclined to consider alternative viewpoints. for them the direct approach is the better way to go.

it is true that a closed fist is powerful, but it is only useful for smashing things, and it is not what raised homo sapien above the other beasts. it was the dexterity of the fingers on the open hand working in unison.

i would like whoever is running the country to have a more open-handed, dexterious philosophy for setting policy than i see today.

apparently, so do many republican women.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 02:34 pm
I go back to something I "know" on pure instinct (as a woman, I recognize something..) One is that Bush, an alcoholic, is (as was noted in another context in another thread) a dominator -- wholly closed off, self-involved, demanding. The other I'm a tad less certain of -- though my antenna swear up and down they know! --that Bush is probably bisexual. Nothing wrong with that except he was born in the wrong country. We just can't handle that stuff so we force bisexuals to choose and preferably choose heterosexuality which makes for a core of anger. Add that to the alcoholic anger, and you've got big trouble. Would not want to be his mother, sister, wife or lover. Find myself disagreeing quite wholeheartedly with Kuvasz's analysis. These are not the males who grew up in and were the leaders in the schoolyard. These are the ones who got beaten up and grew up to be resentful men who are unable to handle power in the way that most adult males can.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 02:52 pm
yet , 49.5% of the people voted for bush. so he resonated with something, and failure to recognize it undermines ways to combat it.

yeah, i too would like to merely wave off what he represents, and call aWOL an abberation, but he's not. he exemplifies very recognizable strains in people, viz., lack of empathy and incapacity for self reflection.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 03:06 pm
kuvasz wrote:
yet , 49.5% of the people voted for bush. so he resonated with something, and failure to recognize it undermines ways to combat it.

yeah, i too would like to merely wave off what he represents, and call aWOL an abberation, but he's not. he exemplifies very recognizable strains in people, viz., lack of empathy and incapacity for self reflection.

If I may...

...there were a significant number of people who technically voted for Bush -- but who actually voted only for his stand on abortion rights.

Many of these people -- and I know a slew of them personally -- find much of the conservative package intolerable -- but who are so anxious to curtail abortion rights -- that they vote for the conservative ticket despite their many reservations about those other things.

I think the conservatives want the abortion question on the table for as long as possible. There is a possibility they will lose a large number of those votes if the question ever gets resolved.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 03:15 pm
That's very interesting logic Frank. I'm pretty darn sure that there's an equal or greater number of swing voters that counteract that effect. This may vary state by state, but definitely shows up in the popular vote, meaningless or not.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2003 03:22 pm
Frank, I think you've got a real point. We have also to take into account the conservatives who are horrified by the Patriot Act etc.

Your point about the abortion issue resolution is great.
0 Replies