who are the painters and photographers on A2K? tell....

Misti26

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 10:33 pm
Brakits:

WOW! Your pictures are mind boggling! And, I just love that particular area of San Francisco!

Thanks for sharing your site!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 10:15 am
http://www.pbase.com/image/18220772/medium

Jesus asked me to post this.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 10:17 am
Sheesh ! Thanks for the plug back there !!!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 10:18 am
Sorry wrong picture up there.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 03:39 pm
anyone else?????

http://www.artistportfolio.net/artists/3173/0/1057433551longthincanvasses2.jpg

this is a recent series of mine. V
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2003 07:38 pm
Vivien, that's my picture you're showing:) I love that, it's so different, the colors are exquisitely vivid, and the scene is so peaceful.
0 Replies

zincwhite

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 09:42 pm
are these intended, and do they, all hang together. They are very nice that way. ( the series)
0 Replies

zincwhite

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 10:03 pm
Timberlandko I have a question that is more basic than charli. I have sent files to my ISP provider, thinking that is a URL space that can be accessed, It isn't apparently. Just a holding space. Well, it has an FTP address but no such long address as you referred to in your message to charli.
so my question is, for the purpose of placing images for posting, and eventualy, linking to a web page, what do you use and what if anything is free, for now. i am trying to build a web site but it is slow going.
zincwhite
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:13 am
zincwhite - yes they are intended to be hung in groups of 3 to 7 - they are between 3ft and 4ft tall and between 6inches and 12 inches wide - the idea came from my sketchbooks, where i stick in all the cut off edges from framed images. They had an element of time passing in addition to the usual light/sense of place etc issues.

I decided it would be interesting to do a long series based on them and keep the random heights/widths as part of it.

I price them individually. Buyers can then create their own grouping or buy just one for a narrow wall space if they prefer.

I wasn't sure what people would make of them but the response has been good.

Hopefully you get a feeling of the changing tide, time, season, weather, light etc as you scan across a group. That's the idea anyway!

Misti thanks Very Happy
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:26 pm
A FREE SITE FOR LINKING PIX . . .
zincwhite - In case Timberlanko isn't monitoring this thread, here's the free site I use to link pix to A2K. (Or you could send him a pm.):

http://groups.msn.com/CharlisPlace/shoebox.msnw?Page=Last

I'll check it out to make sure it works. As you can see, it's groups.msn.com - maybe some of the last bit of the URL has to be left off. We'll see.

It works as is!!! You can find a spot there somewhere to join. Download your pix from your hard drive, then copy the URL as per Timberlanko's instructions to transfer them to A2K. You WILL get an incredibly long URL - that's the one you copy into A2K. Good luck.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 01:46 pm
A selection of my drawings and paintings can be seen by clicking on the link below. I've been largely absent from A2K lately, but do try to stop by often. Generally, when I'm painting I don't write much, and when I'm writing, I don't paint much. I paint more during the Spring and Summer, and write more during the late Autumn and Winter. At the moment I'm being very productive. Fourteen paintings so far this year, and surfaces prepared for another ten or so ready to work.
0 Replies

fancytickler

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:18 pm
I work in tile. Variously called 'cracked-tile, mosaic tile or, my personal favorite, "Stained glass mosaic tile."

Here is a site of a workshop I ran recently in Johannesburg, South Africa.

http://danzig.jct.ac.il/phil/southAfrica2003/

Comments ?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:35 pm
Beautiful work fancytickler! Thank you for sharing with us!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:27 pm
I do just about everything: film making, illustration, graphic design, cake decorating, patent drawing, photography, etc... But I specialize in oil painting. I have an interest in art history, and I'd like to get into sculpture one day. My site isn't up yet, (www.marikofrost.com) but it's paid for and I'm working on it. Meanwhile, here is a recent sample of my friend took [of my work] for his blog (he's the upside down guy): http://www.terminalpacketloss.com/images/cecilasart/updsidedown1noflash.JPG

Some of my photographs can be found on:
http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=657398

(go to my 75 uploaded public photos... I'll be putting more on next time I clean up my computer.)

If anybody ever wants to talk painting, I'll be up for it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:02 pm
PS, Are you Japanese? Just wondering. c.i.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 08:18 pm
No, but my first name, Mariko, is. It translates as "truthful child," and it is an older japanese female name, featured in the book "Shogun." Mariko is the character after which my hippie parents named me. My ancestors were Russian jew, English, Scotch Irish, and Cherokee. My roomate is half Japanese, if that's of any comfort.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:58 pm
I haven't met many whites with Japanese names, so I was just wondering. Thanks for telling us the story behind the name. It seems half Japanese is very common now days. Most of our nephews and nieces are married outside our culture. I've read something a while ago that the majority of Japanese now marry outside our culture; we have English, German, Italian, Chinese, Polynesian, Irish, black, Hispanic, and I don't know what all..... Mitchener calls them the "Golden People," and I whole-heartedly agree. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:59 pm
BTW, does anybody know what culture Prentice is? One of my cousins married one. c.i.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:13 am
ci Prentice is an English name. (ie: David Prentice the artist whose work I did a thread about)

Southern English/Welsh borders
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:17 am
portal I thought your work was very interesting and can clearly see why you are interested in the artists you quote in threads.

MORE!

I'm always up for discussing art/painting and so are several of the others - think up some interesting threads for us!
0 Replies