Is the Bush administration "conservative"?

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 11:30 am
These definitions of sectors of the political spectrum come from a US News Classroom series.

Where do you put the administration in this spectrum? Where do you put yourself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,706 • Replies: 158
No top replies

GreenEyes

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 11:45 am
Radical Reactionary -- all the way!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 11:56 am
I guess this makes the majority of Americans radical reactionaries..they voted him in. Well, sorta. Sad.

I wonder exactly how many of the good old days they would really like to have back.

Cancer, even discovered early, a death sentence.
Painless dentistry? Har de har har.
Automobiles that came off the line with a life expectancy of 200,000 miles. Hardly.
ANY type of level playing field for women and minorities? Hah!!!
Individual expression acceptable for our children? Unheard of.

I could go on........
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 11:59 am
Tartarin

A question if I may:

I didn't notice a category for "moronic."

Did I miss it, or did you overlook including it?

My guess is it would get the most votes.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 12:08 pm
In all fairness things about the good old days I miss

Not having to wash with antibacterial soap if anyone within 50 feet sneezes or urinates.

Being able to hitchhike across town and save the bus money for a coke and a hot dog.

Customer service from a real human being instead of a neverending series of voice mails that lead nowhere.

Saturday matinees where the admission is six Dr.Pepper bottle caps and you get two cartoons and a short.

Feeling up Debby Zdicham at these matinees.

I could go on....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 12:10 pm
Failed to mention a weighed ounce of sifted cleaned and absolutely seeds and stem free Columbian for 15.00.

Can't believe I forgot that, but the memory ya know.........
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
Frank -- WHY didn't I think of moronic?

Bi -- "I guess this makes the majority of Americans radical reactionaries..they voted him in.." Ekshuly, the whole reason I started this thread had to do with my realization that conservatives, when questioned carefully, do not identify with Bush at all. They continue to think he's a conservative ("he must be; I voted for him") and the moment you suggest to them he's a radical reactionary, you can practically see a little cloud lift from their heads and their impulse to rush home and tell everyone "Goody -- Bush isn't a real conservative... we don't have to vote for him anymore." And that's the current reality, based on recent experience talking with conservatives. All we mod-con-libs need to do is shout loudly, "This guy is not a conservative," and Bush could lose quite a few votes IF THE DEMS PUT UP SOMEONE WHO IS A GENUINE CONSERVATIVE. And therefore, going by the above definitions, who is a conservative among the Dem candidates? I don't think Lieberman is. I think he deliberately fits into no category, waiting for the princess to recognize his good qualities and dance with him... So who...?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
Bi -- I still pick up hitchhikers and am here to tell the tale. In fact, some of the most interesting conversations...
0 Replies

Brian

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:04 pm
If any of you could see beyond your hate for Bush and be intellectually honest, you'd find that his policies are mostly moderate, conservative, and sometimes reactionary. All you have to do is look at the reality of his foreign and domestic policies. And further, I see that the original poster added their own category, but with no definition. Doing this poll on this website is about as useful as doing it on smirkingchimp.com.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:12 pm
Brian thank you for your valuable and obviously equally bi-partisn feedback.

Reading your post on this website is about as useful as reading max news or debating with Ann Coulter, one could say in return.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:13 pm
In the interest of fairness Tartarin, please add the category "Christ Off The Cross" so Brian can vote.... :wink: Razz
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:16 pm
Look! there are 2 now!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:17 pm
I thought you scrolled past my useless posts....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:22 pm
radical reactionary moronic chimp who could get us all killed
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:24 pm
Who, Me?! I would never scroll past posts. I might miss something important.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:25 pm
Fascist.

Pure and uncut. It's his dad in charge, so that figures.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:28 pm
Let's see; are they conservative in war? Are they conservative in the national debt? Do they value Iraqi lives? Have they created jobs as they promised? Are no children being left behind? What was that word again? c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:47 pm
Brian -- if you're still there -- how (using the above definitions) do you fit Bush into the conservative etc. categories?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 02:00 pm
I guess y'all know this quote from Benito Mussolini. "Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is a merge of state and corporate power."

So there you have it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 02:06 pm
Brian I too am interested to know how you classify bush and what you base your classification on. Truly.
0 Replies