Rudy Giuliani {president}??

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 12:49 pm
snood wrote:
Yeah, but if Cyclop was serious about dressing in drag being an impediment, I disagree.

And, are you saying that the dems would be more tolerant and inclusive, or that they're just as weird? Because if the latter, the repubs can't really throw any "weirdness" stones, anymore.

Oh, I'm serious.

How many hard-line Conservative votes do you have to turn off in order to lose an election in our polarized atmosphere?

There exist about 10% of Republicans who are stridently anti-gay. They will not vote for a president who has dressed in drag and has pictures floating around of it, I guarantee.

I do believe that the Dems would be more willing to either overlook or simply not give a damn about such a thing than Republicans.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 12:51 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
au1929 wrote:
In addition his values are more in line with the democrates.

So then why would you vote for Hillary over him?

You say you don't want an ultra-liberal and you obvliously don't want a hard core conservative, so I would think that someone like Rudy would be right up your alley.

Hillary is no more an ultra liberal than Rudy and IMO would make a better president.

I must admit however, as far as I am concerned if either was elected to the presidency it would be a win-win situation
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:03 pm
A definite win-win for those that don't care about morals.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 05:09 pm
And a loss for those who would shove their morals down the throats of others. Good. F*ck them.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:41 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Mr Bush our president for the last six years spoke morals,morals and more morals and look at what he gave us. War and killing.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:37 pm
au1929 wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Mr Bush our president for the last six years spoke morals,morals and more morals and look at what he gave us. War and killing.

amen to that.

look y'all, morals is a very simple thing. "be cool to people and don't screw them over".

anything past that is just dogmatic claptrap. same as the whole liberal/conservative yappadoo. it's meaningless and has a hell of a lot more to do with marketing than how people behave or contribute.

worst of all, it's sooo last century as to be irrelevant.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:00 pm
I'm still tripping over the assertion that someone dressing in drag as a gag would be equated somehow with gayness.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:37 pm
snood wrote:
I'm still tripping over the assertion that someone dressing in drag as a gag would be equated somehow with gayness.

clearly, my dear snood, you have no "values"... :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:32 pm
snood wrote:

How many Republicans do you know, Snood? Seriously. 'Cause I know a lot, and I can tell you that nearly all of them associate cross-dressing with gayness. Even if it is a joke... it is still a liability for a Republican.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:59 pm
I don't even know how many Republicans I know, because I don't talk about politics hardly at all - except here.

So, how does cross-dressing and gayness come up in conversation with your Republican acquaintances?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
snood wrote:
I don't even know how many Republicans I know, because I don't talk about politics hardly at all - except here.

So, how does cross-dressing and gayness come up in conversation with your Republican acquaintances?

When they see someone cross-dressing, they make comments such as - and plz pardon my language, I am reporting and not endorsing - 'look at that ******* faggot.'

Austin is a weird place - very liberal, yet there are strong conservatives who are there for money or for state govt. and they tend to be rather outspoken in reaction to their relative isolation from their ideological mates. So you saw both a lot of gays and a lot of gay bashing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:15 pm
See, part of my problem is that there seems to be a little confusion here around the whole concept of cross-dressing.

I think that there are cross-dressers who wear women's clothes in private, because of some kind of neurosis. I think there are instances of cross-dressing that happen on occasions such as frat parties, or other drunken fests - in these cases men dress in women's clothes as a sort of bawdy joke.

Then there is transvestism(sp?) - which is a whole world in which men have different degrees of gender confusion, expressed outwardly in their apparel.

So, I take it that if a man puts on a woman's clothes for whatever reason, the republicans you know would bash him as a "faggot". Your republican acquaintances are either some knuckle-dragging idiots, or you have misjudged them to be so.

In any case, I disagree that Giuliani's appearance in drag (I'm assuming it was in the "drunken joking" mode) will mean much during the open campaigning.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:19 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:53 pm
Quote:

In any case, I disagree that Giuliani's appearance in drag (I'm assuming it was in the "drunken joking" mode) will mean much during the open campaigning.

You have a higher opinion of the average Southern Republican voter than I do, I see.

I can't tell you whether I have merely misjugded people, or if that is the way they truly are; but let me ask you this: what percentage of people have to be 'knuckle-draggers' to keep someone from getting nominated, or winning?

3?

5?

I mean, while I don't think the majority of Republicans have a problem with it, I think there exist enough who would to make Guliani have a long row to hoe.

Cycloptichorn

ps., I like the guy!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:55 pm

rudy in drag i can handle. rudy in drag looking like barbara bush is just... uhhh... err... barfy ??
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:05 pm
I don't think he'd survive the primary process. Way too liberal for most Republicans. If I'm wrong and he makes it to the final ballot, I think he'd defeat anyone the Dems can come up with, particularly Hillary and possibly/probably Obama.

He'd get my vote over Hillary, I need to hear more about Obama.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 10:45 pm
I think what will keep him from getting the nomination are his views on abortion and gay marriage, not the fact that he donned a dress for yoks.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 11:02 pm
It's hard to type, because of all the knuckle dragging and bible thumping...I really need to get a pair of gloves...but anyway...

Snood is probably correct in his assumption, a joke is a joke...even if you're a bumpkin backwards, er....backwards bumpkin...damn Yankee Latin.
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 11:35 pm
au1929 wrote:
I believe Rudy has the makings of a idfeal cheif executive. However, as long as he remains in the republican fold he will not get my vote. That is if the Democrates do not choose a complete dunderhead or ultra liberal to run for the presidency.

Should the choice be between Rudy and Hillary, Hillary gets my vote.

The thread is about Rudy Guiliani, so please forgive this post on Hilary Clinton, but...

My problem with Hilary, besides the fact that she is a democrat, is that unless you are in that rarified ether of special interests that has done something for her, she will not look out for you. She will look after her special interest friends.

Also, notice that Hilary is a fighter. Bill Clinton, by contrast, has a way of bringing people in and making them believe that they are part of the decision (even when they aren't). Hilary is a clawing feline. Of the two, Bill Clinton is the bigger draw and probably will be the defining force of Hilary getting any apprciable amount of the vote in '08.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 12:13 am
Ru-DY!!!
Ru-DY!!!
Ru-DY!!!
0 Replies