Who Lost Iraq?

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I'm looking for an ignore feature on this board, is there one? Would somebody go fetch it for me.... Cool

Yes, I think that would be valuable; a people hears what they want to hear and disregard the rest. Why not just sign on to sites you agree with? that way you can never read items you disagree with.

You misunderstand, I enjoy reading different points of view, makes life interesting. What offers nothing of value are juvenle outbursts from an antagonistic poster that believes that unless one agrees with him/her it just isn't worth reading. That has to be a very dull & boring way of life.
Of course, children don't realize that their life is dull & boring.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:23 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I'm looking for an ignore feature on this board, is there one? Would somebody go fetch it for me.... Cool

See THIS ... more HERE ... ain't perfect, but its do-able if its enough of a deal for you.

In the next version of A2K (the current version is v 3.0), there will be a robust, sophisticated, customizable "Ignore" feature ... however, thats then, and just when then is to arrive is not as yet nailed down; its still in development, not ready for prime time.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:32 pm
timberlandko wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

See THIS ... more HERE ... ain't perfect, but its do-able if its enough of a deal for you.

In the next version of A2K (the current version is v 3.0), there will be a robust, sophisticated, customizable "Ignore" feature ... however, thats then, and just when then is to arrive is not as yet nailed down; its still in development, not ready for prime time.

Thank you. Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:38 pm
http://www.freerepublic.com/home.htm
probably more you speed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:50 pm
That's exactly what occurred to me Dys--especially since she claimed that calling her bullshit bullshit amounted to an attempt to silence her. I think she'd make an ideal Freeper.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:51 pm
dyslexia wrote:
http://www.freerepublic.com/home.htm
probably more you speed

I think I can decide what my speed is, thanks. Are you so satisfied here because you seem to have more in agreement with your view....or lack thereof? Do you allow others to tell you what to think, say?
I have said before, I have never been to free prepublic, but since you do have their link, were they too sharp for you & that's whay you left freepers?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 05:24 pm
This may get interesting. S'pose I oughtta figure on hanging out and watching for a while ... wouldn't wanna miss anything before it goes away ... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:18 pm
Some of you may not have had the chance to read this, posted elsewhere before, which I think is good:

Quote:
For axis of evil, read axis of hope. The frantic scrabbling for an exit strategy from Iraq now consuming Washington and London has passed all bounds of irony. Help from Syria and Iran? Surely these were the monsters that George Bush and Tony Blair were going to crush, back in 2003? Surely the purpose of the Iraq adventure was to topple these terrorism-sponsoring, women-suppressing, militia-funding fundamentalists in favour of stability, prosperity and western democracy? Can the exit from Iraq really be through Tehran and Damascus? Was that in the plan?

Article at: http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,1948074,00.html
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:22 pm
Why the avoidance of the de-facto argument.

Paper is paper.

You wipe your ass on it.

Are you only not wobbling when you're set safely on the tramlines.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:26 pm
I should apologize for something here. Because of posting style and time of appearance, I guessed that Lone Star Madam was our recently disappeared Just Wonders/Sierra Song.

But I'll take the lady on her word that she's new here.

Now, if we can just encourage her to make contributions which have more substance and carefulness than blurted out cliches she gathered up from Fox or Rush, that would be nice.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:35 pm
What's the most blurted out cliche blurt that she, whoever she is, has blurted out which has been gathered up from Fox or Rush Bernie.

Give us something to get our teeth into.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:11 pm
blatham wrote:
I should apologize for something here. Because of posting style and time of appearance, I guessed that Lone Star Madam was our recently disappeared Just Wonders/Sierra Song.

But I'll take the lady on her word that she's new here.

Now, if we can just encourage her to make contributions which have more substance and carefulness than blurted out cliches she gathered up from Fox or Rush, that would be nice.

Which cliches have I blurted out?
Now, if some could stop the personal attacks, maybe we can do business.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:12 pm
spendius wrote:
What's the most blurted out cliche blurt that she, whoever she is, has blurted out which has been gathered up from Fox or Rush Bernie.

Come again?....in English. please.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:15 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
spendius wrote:

Be fair now - allow for spendi's inate limitations; he IS English.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:16 pm
BTW-blatham, thanks for taking me at my word, not that I really care who people think I am.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:26 pm
In interest of being helpful here, I'll mention blatham is an ex-pat Canayjun presently operating from within The Democratic Peoples' Republic of Manhattan. His major life regret is having been born too late to have been there for the heydey of the Wobblies.

And to continue introductions, LonestarMadam, I'm a bit to the left of Attilla the Hun, live on a farm with a buncha dogs and other critters, and wear mostly denim, flannel, and lace-up steel-toe boots. I own an SUV and a real big pickup truck.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:34 pm
timberlandko wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
spendius wrote:

Be fair now - allow for spendi's inate limitations; he IS English.

Oh, maybe I should've said American English. lol
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:38 pm
timberlandko wrote:
In interest of being helpful here, I'll mention blatham is an ex-pat Canayjun presently operating from within The Democratic Peoples' Republic of Manhattan. His major life regret is having been born too late to have been there for the heydey of the Wobblies.

And to continue introductions, LonestarMadam, I'm a bit to the left of Attilla the Hun, live on a farm with a buncha dogs and other critters, and wear mostly denim, flannel, and lace-up steel-toe boots. I own an SUV and a real big pickup truck.

Thaks for the introduction of yourself. Smile
I live in San Antonio, Tx, married to a retired USAF pilot, have kids & grandkids, a dog, 2 cats, I drive a red F-150 extended cab truck. I am a retired RN. There, I think we're now on a first name basis. :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:43 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Thaks for the introduction of yourself. Smile
I live in San Antonio, Tx, married to a retired USAF pilot, have kids & grandkids, a dog, 2 cats, I drive a red F-150 extended cab truck. I am a retired RN. There, I think we're now on a first name basis. :wink:
And timber is a retired US marine Corps officer (which I may never forgive him for) but will always respect him for.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:11 pm
"Which I may never forgive him for, but will always respect him...."
Ok, now you've done it, you have made me almost like you. Smile

Disclaimer, this post was written before dyslexia called me stupid.
0 Replies