Who Lost Iraq?

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:35 pm
What are you talking about, red herring, shoal....?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:38 pm
English not one of your strong suits, huh?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:41 pm
spendius wrote:
It's a bit much when a debate about a subject like this degenerates into a petty squabble.

You mean like when people throw words like "naive" and "ridiculous" into their posts?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:03 pm
Setanta wrote:

Lets get this in the open....what exactly is your problem with me? I have had it with your juvenile insults & smarminess, you have a bone to pick with me about a topic, fine, you just want to hurl insults, I'm not buying it anymore.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:06 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Lets get this in the open....what exactly is your problem with me? I have had it with your juvenile insults & smarminess, you have a bone to pick with me about a topic, fine, you just want to hurl insults, I'm not buying it anymore.

insufficient funds?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:09 pm
spendius wrote:
It's a bit much when a debate about a subject like this degenerates into a petty squabble.

It's as if Iraq is just something you amuse yourselves with when you feel like it.

Isn't ceding the powers of war to the President not de-facto. President Johnson seemed to think so according to what I read. And I read Mr Kissinger's tome and Congress were noisies-off.

Iraq is apparently something that liberals do toy with, as they did with Vietnam, they USE it to further their political agenda. They USE the dead GIs the same way. Cindy Sheehans all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:11 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Setanta wrote:

insufficient funds?

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

good one, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:13 pm
When i see you peddling bullshit, Madam of the Lone Star Whorehouse, i'm gonna say: "Oh look, bullshit."

If that's a problem for you, don't peddle bullshit.

Where's that evidence that Congress ceded its war-making powers after the Second World War?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:23 pm
Setanta wrote:
When i see you peddling bullshit, Madam of the Lone Star Whorehouse, i'm gonna say: "Oh look, bullshit."

If that's a problem for you, don't peddle bullshit.

Where's that evidence that Congress ceded its war-making powers after the Second World War?

I found a nugget of a facimili of a question in your juvenile post & have decided to answer THAT little nugget.
"The War Powers Resolution: A Rationale for Congressional Inaction"
You might want to read that, it's online....IF you're capable of looking for it.
The rest of your post is asinine.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:32 pm
Leaving aside your spelling errors, every post you have made here has been asinine.

The entire text of the War Powers Act can be read here.

The War Powers Act was passed in 1973, which is 28 years after the Second World War ended--that's the first hole in your statement.

Here are the first three sections of the War Powers Act of 1973:

Quote:
SHORT TITLE

SECTION 1.
This joint resolution may be cited as the "War Powers Resolution".

PURPOSE AND POLICY

SEC. 2. (a)
It is the purpose of this joint resolution to fulfill the intent of the framers of the Constitution of the United States and insure that the collective judgement of both the Congress and the President will apply to the introduction of United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicate by the circumstances, and to the continued use of such forces in hostilities or in such situations.
SEC. 2. (b)
Under article I, section 8, of the Constitution, it is specifically provided that the Congress shall have the power to make all laws necessary and proper for carrying into execution, not only its own powers but also all other powers vested by the Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.
SEC. 2. (c)
The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

CONSULTATION

SEC. 3.
The President in every possible instance shall consult with Congress before introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situation where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, and after every such introduction shall consult regularly with the Congress until United States Armed Forces are no longer engaged in hostilities or have been removed from such situations.

Please explain how any of that constitutes a cession of the war-making powers of Congress to the President. Unless you can make your case, you have been peddling bullshit--and asinine bullshit at that.

But thanks for bringing up the War Powers Act, i was hoping you would.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:35 pm
ROTFLMAO, you didn't take my suggestion, it figures. LOL
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:42 pm
When you've finished rolling on the floor laughing your pathetic ass off, take a moment to realize that i am never obliged to take your word for anything. If you want to peddle propaganda about the War Powers Act, post it here, or link it here.

I'm not you puppy to go fetch bones that you throw. I've known about the war powers act for quite a long time, and studied it carefully at the time it was passed. If you think you can make your case, have at it.

Otherwise, you are just peddling bullshit, and i will continue to say: "Oh look, bullshit."
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:51 pm
Note to the Old Crowd ...

AHEM

Carry on.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 03:52 pm
That's what I said..

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:00 pm
OK, OK, Big Bird, i'll stop feeding the troll . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:01 pm
Damn, Timber - that was impressive.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
I'm beginning to think snood may be a negro.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:03 pm
I'm looking for an ignore feature on this board, is there one? Would somebody go fetch it for me.... Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:12 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
I'm looking for an ignore feature on this board, is there one? Would somebody go fetch it for me.... Cool

Yes, I think that would be valuable; a people hears what they want to hear and disregard the rest. Why not just sign on to sites you agree with? that way you can never read items you disagree with.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:16 pm
Snood ain't no negro . . . is he?

I always thought that picture was taken in the shade.

One of you guys hold a gun to the head of the Lone Star Whorehouse Madam, and force her to read and reply to posts in this thread?
0 Replies