Who Lost Iraq?

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:08 pm
spendius wrote:
Come on Bernie-

Surely you can see the route stuff like that might travel on from a nuclear research facility or a cyclotron. It's dead easy to transport as a salt (nitrate seems most likely) and minute doses cause long term illnesses of a fatal nature.

One might not even need to use it. One might just phone in to say one had.

Allow your imagination a little scope.

And ebola, anthrax, marburg, suitcase nukes, nerve agents, etc etc. The only way you are going to remain safe, spendi, is to kill off all other humans but yourself plus life down through viruses and then begin dismantling the physical universe. I'll let your imagination set to the full task.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:08 pm
bf, from stats I have seen on CNN and elsewhere, about half the public now believes that Bush lied us into the war. I wager that a much higher percentage of those in the media also believe this.

Do you believe that Bush had honorable intentions in taking us into the war?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
spendius wrote:
The point I was making, and made clearly enough in the first post mentioning this case, was that Mr Bush would have been aware of things like that long before they became known to us.

That he was on planet Vigilance whilst we were all on planet Complacent Ego Preen from the beginning.

Your faith in an ex-cocaine sniffing spoiled brat with an authoritarian personality and no curiosity about the world or its history isn't terribly compelling.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:16 pm
Advocate, obviously I'm one of the 6 out of 10 Americans who believe Bushie deliberately lied us into war. Our intentions are nowhere near honorable and Bushie himself recently admitted we're in Iraq to protect America's oil interests. Sure I think many in the mainstream media know the truth and most Dems too. That dont mean their going to admit it. After all many of those helped Bushie lie us into war.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:16 pm
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:19 pm
Advocate wrote:
bf, from stats I have seen on CNN and elsewhere, about half the public now believes that Bush lied us into the war. I wager that a much higher percentage of those in the media also believe this.

What I find unacceptable, and quite creepy, is the mindset of those people who had decided to attack Iraq and set about fabricating evidence, and exaggerating threats, and lying to those who supported them, in order to make the invasion look legitimate.

A long way from being honourable, it was a crime.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:34 pm
Bernie-

Why would I have faith in an individual? Mr Bush ceased to be an individual when he was elected. He represents much more than himself. He has to carry people with him and their departments. You are questioning the whole American political system which is fair enough. One assumes Mr Bush is being briefed.

It has nothing to do with me feeling safe. It is about the responsibilities of high office and what do we know concerning those.

The world isn't simple anymore much as we both might prefer it to be.

What are you recommending?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:35 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Advocate, obviously I'm one of the 6 out of 10 Americans who believe Bushie deliberately lied us into war. Our intentions are nowhere near honorable and Bushie himself recently admitted we're in Iraq to protect America's oil interests. Sure I think many in the mainstream media know the truth and most Dems too. That dont mean their going to admit it. After all many of those helped Bushie lie us into war.

I can't prove it, but it seems that most Dems, and a good percentage of the media, willingly admit that our intentions were dishonorable. It would make them look silly not to so admit.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:50 pm
Advocate, so they think Bushie's intentions were dishonorable yet they dont call for his prosecution for war crimes or even impeachment? Hundreds of thousands have died with escalation in the offing. How honorable are they who are willing to allow a mass murderer get away with mass murder? How much of a pension will good American citizens be paying this mass murderer when he walks away a free man?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 02:55 pm
spendius wrote:
Bernie-

Why would I have faith in an individual? Mr Bush ceased to be an individual when he was elected. He represents much more than himself. He has to carry people with him and their departments. You are questioning the whole American political system which is fair enough. One assumes Mr Bush is being briefed.

It has nothing to do with me feeling safe. It is about the responsibilities of high office and what do we know concerning those.

The world isn't simple anymore much as we both might prefer it to be.

What are you recommending?

Please. As if a position of responsibility will magically vest all of its inhabitants with prudence, intelligence, knowledge and responsibility, and in equal portions individual to individual.

Recommending, re what?
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:00 pm
McTag wrote:
Advocate wrote:

What I find unacceptable, and quite creepy, is the mindset of those people who had decided to attack Iraq and set about fabricating evidence, and exaggerating threats, and lying to those who supported them, in order to make the invasion look legitimate.

This is where the discussion leaves the realm of sensibility in debate and leaps chasms to that area known as the left lunatic fringe.

You know that McTag, so I am not telling you anything new.

When you come back down to earth, let us continue the discussion.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:32 pm
Monte Cargo wrote:
McTag wrote:
Advocate wrote:

This is where the discussion leaves the realm of sensibility in debate and leaps chasms to that area known as the left lunatic fringe.

Attacking the messenger for the message is not new, and is not convincing nor credible.

It's a shame that because of GWB's position, he will never be held accountable on the world's stage. I understand that for many Americans associated with him, this situation is more than embarassing. But facts are facts, and they don't go away.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:35 pm
Bernie wrote-

Quote:
As if a position of responsibility will magically vest all of its inhabitants with prudence, intelligence, knowledge and responsibility, and in equal portions individual to individual

Not at all. I never even intimated any such thing. I assume that the American electorate felt those qualities might be, in Mr Bush, the best they could find in all the circumstances.

Other men offered themselves and were rejected.

He would, for sure, get a vast influx of new knowledge. Responsibility goes without saying and the other two are a matter of debate.

Recommending what to do.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 03:47 pm
Quote:
Recommending what to do.

As regards what element of what posited problem?
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:06 pm
McTag wrote:
Monte Cargo wrote:
McTag wrote:
Advocate wrote:

Attacking the messenger for the message is not new, and is not convincing nor credible.

It's a shame that because of GWB's position, he will never be held accountable on the world's stage. I understand that for many Americans associated with him, this situation is more than embarassing. But facts are facts, and they don't go away.

So what you are saying, Bernie is that the dumbest president ever elected, somehow managed to perpetrate a mass fraud on all of Congress and the entire American population.

You've chosen to ignore previous posts in this very thread that indicate the prevailing and accepted intelligence at the time just preceding our invasion. You have also ignored the statements made by democratic leaders. This is why your "impeachment for war crimes" rings as fantastic.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:11 pm
I've become an oat-eating scotsman. My father, english, would likely not approve. On the other hand, my mother, a horny Cossack mennonite, had a thing for kilts. So all in all, it seems to even out.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:22 pm
Bernie wrote-

Quote:
As regards what element of what posited problem

Well- looking back with hindsight and manipulating, or having manipulated for you, what it tells you is really only party political point scoring.

What changes in policy are you advocating for tomorrow starting from here not from some past time which is set in stone.

Freud thought we unconsciously looked back to our infancy. By which I presume he meant that we remained infants all our lives fundamentally. Conquering the urge to look back might well define maturity.

Imagine you are where the buck stops with a thousand telephones and all of them ringing. Your pawn to K3 say.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:40 pm
spendie

Please force yourself to specifics. Or perhaps hire a stern editor.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 04:53 pm
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/19720

Quote:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 25 Nov, 2006 05:30 pm
Monte Cargo wrote:

So what you are saying, is that the dumbest president ever elected,

No, he really is too dumb for that. It was his puppeteers and speechwriters

Quote:
somehow managed to perpetrate a mass fraud on all of Congress and the entire American population.

Goebbels tactics still work. It's strange I know, and was incomprehensible to me at the time, but when you understand this you will be well on the way to understanding the rest. "Entire" is a stretch, by the way, even for a nation which has just been attacked

Quote:

You've chosen to ignore previous posts in this very thread that indicate the prevailing and accepted intelligence at the time just preceding our invasion.

The intelligence fed to you was garbage, and it was fabricated by the culprits I accuse. It was "accepted" by fewer people than you think. That fact was strongly suspected by many before the invasion (thanks for not calling it a "war", by the way) and was later confirmed.

Quote:

You have also ignored the statements made by democratic leaders. This is why your "impeachment for war crimes" rings as fantastic.

Democratic leaders, mindful of their votes, were disinclined to speak out. Some no doubt thought some foreigners should be killed, to make people feel better after 9-11. Most must now bitterly regret that lapse in judgement and lack of courage. The have served their country very badly.
0 Replies