86% Believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 10:31 am
This thread is as goofy and stupid as OmsigDavid's thread claiming the GOP lost the mid-term because of altruism.

Look at your own survey page, it reads "not a scientific survey." There is a "click to learn more" link. Click on it, unless, of course, you're not interested in reality. When you click on that link, you are taken to a page which begins with these paragraphs:

MSNBC wrote:
One week in the middle of the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, more than 200,000 people took part in an MSNBC Live Vote that asked whether President Clinton should leave office. Seventy-three percent said yes. That same week, an NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll found that only 34 percent of about 2,000 people who were surveyed thought so.
To explain the vast gap in the numbers in this and other similar cases, it is necessary to look at the difference in the two kinds of surveys.

Your "poll" is crap--it only reflects the feelings of people sufficiently worked up to want to see the Shrub impeached, and bears no relation to reality. It is not at all representative of the sentiments of the nation as a whole.

When it comes to living in a world of surreal claims based upon desire as opposed to reality, there is nothing to choose between leftwingnuts and rightwingnuts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 10:42 am
By the way, not only is the Big Bird correct in calling for probity in government, and a dedication to useful tasks--in fact, impeachment would be absolute poison for the Democratic party. Americans expect results from the Democrats, not a witch-hunt.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 10:55 am
timber, If you hve been reading my post, you would know what I thhink about getting the people's work done first. If Bush is so dumb as to impede the new congress, and waste their time, I hope impeachment is an alternative. According to some polls, over 80 percent want impeachment; I really don't, but in the event Bush has learned nothing from the latest election, the dems will have no alternative.

It's a very bad start when Bush talks about cooperation while talking to them in person, and at the same time not informing them that he wants Bolton to be their rep at the UN, and ataking action on such. It's called trust.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 11:04 am
What poll shows that 80% of the populace wants impeachment, CI? I'm not talking about arbitrary and unreliable crap such as Zippo posted here. What poll can you point to, for which all the polling methodoligical data is available, which shows that 80% of the people want to see impeachment?

I don't believe it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 11:46 am
That's the only "poll" I've seen. If it's crap, please show us how and why?

White House Chuckles While Stabbing Dems in Back: More on the John Bolton Nomination Story
by Steve Clemons

Something strange is cooking on the John Bolton nomination. . .

First of all, John Bolton's nomination was formally sent to the U.S. Senate yesterday, Thursday, between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. when the Senate was called to order for a pro forma session designed just to exhange letters and paperwork between the various branches of government.

In other words, correspondence from the White House to the Senate was received during this time.

Remarkably, House Speaker-elect Nancy Pelosi was caught off guard by the Bolton nomination. The nomination is a Senate matter -- but it is also a political matter -- particularly when the theme of the President's lunch yesterday with Pelosi was "trust-building behavior" and "bipartisanship."

Nancy Pelosi's office would not comment on the President's failure to inform her of the White House's new moves on the controversial US Ambassador to the United Nations.

However, Pelosi's office did confirm that (a) the President mentioned nothing about re-starting the Bolton process again and (b) Speaker Pelosi opposes him firmly -- arguing that his brand of diplomacy has seriously undermined America's interests and our ability to achieve our national security and foreign policy objectives in the United Nations.

The President's office released word of the Bolton nomination at 1:22 p.m. to the public -- about 7 minutes after Nancy Pelosi actually left the Oval Office.

I also queried Senator Harry Reid's office yesterday and asked if the Senator would add "John Bolton's UN nomination" to the roster of topics he would discuss with the President today. Reid's office informed me that they too would not comment on the record about this aggressive, provocative move by the White House -- but that Senator Reid maintained strong objection to John Bolton's confirmation by the U.S. Senate.

Now, many have queried on whether there is a chance that Bolton would get through the Senate -- despite Senator Lincoln Chafee's formal declaration of opposition to Bolton.

The answer is NO.

The reason that the Bolton nomination was sent BACK to the Senate yesterday in a formal exchange of letters between the legislative and executive branches is that the Senate Foreign Relations Committee returned the nomination back to the Executive branch when his nomination failed to pass in September.

To keep Bolton's nomination alive in this Congressional session and potentially considered during next week's lame duck session, Bolton's nomination had to be sent back to the Senate.

There are only two ways in which the Bolton nomination can make its way from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to the Senate floor:

1. The nomination can be voted out -- and requires 10 votes.
2. The nomination can be "discharged" from the Committee to the Senate floor without bias by the unanimous consent of all members of the U.S. Senate.

Neither of these options will occur. Chafee has closed down option one -- and many Senators will shut down option two.

Senior staff at the Department of State have told me that the juice behind Bolton's nomination is "100% political and 0% from the State Department."

The question people should ask is not whether this push on Bolton will get him confirmed by the Senate -- it is why the White House continues to push this pugnacious Ambassador after the elections that took place and what they think they "gain" from losing this battle in the Senate.

Remember, it is not the Democrats who have sunk Bolton -- it has always been Republicans who have provided the tipping point leverage in undermining his confirmation.

The White House can't blame the Democratic-controlled Senate for failing to get Bolton in place.

It's time to drop him -- and to give up fantasies of appointing Bolton "Deputy Ambassador" in a recess appointment and then made "Acting Ambassador."

It's time to consider alternatives who can manage America's interests well at the United Nations and continue to try to reform that institution and to organize global collective action against international security threats.

Lincoln Chafee should be on that list -- he'd make an incredible Ambassador. But I also support outgoing Congressman Jim Leach, who has served for many years on the House International Relations Committee. I also think current Under Secretary of State for Global Affairs Paula Dobriansky would also do a very good job at the UN.

But Bolton? No.
------------------------------------------
Steve Clemons is Senior Fellow and Director of the American Strategy Program at the New America Foundation and publishes the popular political blog, The Washington Note
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 08:51 am
http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pictures/Nov06/201106PERSPECTIVE.jpg
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:17 am

Good call, Timber
Al Queida Wins
Quote:
Democratic talk about "redeployment" of American forces out of Iraq encouraged Islamic jihad's Muhammed Saadi. "As Arabs and Muslims, we feel proud of this talk," he said, because it meant the violence in Iraq had "brought the big superpower of the world to discuss a possible withdrawal."
0 Replies

Monte Cargo

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 03:34 am
blueflame1 wrote:
au, what matters about this 70 million is that they want investigations. They dont believe the government's story. But they dont say they know the story. They want investigations. To brush them aside would be a huge mistake for the Dems. How absurd for Pelosi to say flat out "no impeachment" even for lying us into war or 911 complicity. Those are 2 huge crimes and if proven impeachment would be a slap on the wrist. Pelosi is not the judge and jury.

"Lying us into war"?
Clinton Secretary of State Madeline Albright, February 1998:
Quote:
Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.

Clinton National Security Advisor Sandy Berger, February 1998:
Quote:
He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.

Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Manuel Durao Barroso, October 2003:
Quote:
When [former President Bill] Clinton was here recently he told me was absolutely convinced, given his years in the White House and the access to privileged information which he had, that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction until the end of the Saddam regime.

French President Jacques Chirac, February 2003:
Quote:

President Bill Clinton, December 1998:
Quote:
Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference: He has used them. Not once, but repeatedly. Unleashing chemical weapons against Iranian troops during a decade-long war. Not only against soldiers, but against civilians, firing Scud missiles at the citizens of Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Iran. And not only against a foreign enemy, but even against his own people, gassing Kurdish civilians in Northern Iraq.…I have no doubt today, that left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will use these terrible weapons again…." Clinton, July 2003: "…t is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons. We might have destroyed them in '98. We tried to, but we sure as heck didn't know it because we never got to go back there.

General Wesley Clark, September 2002, testimony before the House Armed Services Committee:
Quote:
"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat….Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons….He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we."

Former Vermont governor Howard Dean [D], September 2002:
Quote:

Former Clinton assistant secretary of state for nonproliferation Robert Einhorn, March 2002:
Quote:

Senator Bob Graham [D-Florida] and others, in a letter to President Bush, December 2001:
Quote:
There is no doubt that…Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs….In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

Representative Nancy Pelosi [D-Calif.], December 1998:
Quote:
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Senator John Rockefeller [D-W. Virginia], ranking minority member of the Intelligence Committee, October 2002:
Quote:
There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years….We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

Any questions?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 04:10 am
You're letting partisan politics cloud your judgement again.

Are you saying that GWB must be right because he followed the example set by Clinton democrats?

No? I thought not. Then what are you saying?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 09:50 am
Monte Cargo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
au, what matters about this 70 million is that they want investigations. They dont believe the government's story. But they dont say they know the story. They want investigations. To brush them aside would be a huge mistake for the Dems. How absurd for Pelosi to say flat out "no impeachment" even for lying us into war or 911 complicity. Those are 2 huge crimes and if proven impeachment would be a slap on the wrist. Pelosi is not the judge and jury.

"Lying us into war"?
Clinton Secretary of State Madeline Albright, February 1998:
Quote:
Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.

Clinton National Security Advisor Sandy Berger, February 1998:
Quote:
He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.

Portuguese Prime Minister Jose Manuel Durao Barroso, October 2003:
Quote:
When [former President Bill] Clinton was here recently he told me was absolutely convinced, given his years in the White House and the access to privileged information which he had, that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction until the end of the Saddam regime.

French President Jacques Chirac, February 2003:
Quote:

President Bill Clinton, December 1998:
Quote:
Other countries possess weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles. With Saddam, there is one big difference: He has used them. Not once, but repeatedly. Unleashing chemical weapons against Iranian troops during a decade-long war. Not only against soldiers, but against civilians, firing Scud missiles at the citizens of Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Iran. And not only against a foreign enemy, but even against his own people, gassing Kurdish civilians in Northern Iraq.…I have no doubt today, that left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will use these terrible weapons again…." Clinton, July 2003: "…t is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons. We might have destroyed them in '98. We tried to, but we sure as heck didn't know it because we never got to go back there.

General Wesley Clark, September 2002, testimony before the House Armed Services Committee:
Quote:
"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat….Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons….He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we."

Former Vermont governor Howard Dean [D], September 2002:
Quote:

Former Clinton assistant secretary of state for nonproliferation Robert Einhorn, March 2002:
Quote:

Senator Bob Graham [D-Florida] and others, in a letter to President Bush, December 2001:
Quote:
There is no doubt that…Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs….In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

Representative Nancy Pelosi [D-Calif.], December 1998:
Quote:
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Senator John Rockefeller [D-W. Virginia], ranking minority member of the Intelligence Committee, October 2002:
Quote:
There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years….We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

Any questions?

You managed to ignore the fact that at the time that Bubble brain ordered the ill fated invasion of Iraq the UN inspectors were actively searching for the alleged WMD'S in Iraq. And from all accounts could find none. What I would ask was the motivation for the pre emptive attack at that time.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 23 Nov, 2006 09:53 pm
sniff, sniff....I smells BernardR
0 Replies