86% Believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment

woiyo

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 01:47 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I wish our propaganda was as good as thiers.

Just create a un-scientific poll like they do.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 02:34 pm
kickycan wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Good god, timber. What do you think they're gonna say? Do you actually believe they would say anything different no matter how it turned out? Come on, they always declare victory no matter what happens. They're kind of like our wonderful president that way.

Kicky, some folks realize there's a real war, irrespective of any consideration of who controls what in the US Government, a war which was thrust upon us a generation ago, some don't.

I fail to see how that relates to the article. Seems to me like you were just trying to bait the lefties.

By the way, in the article, they say they are glad the democrats won, but then they also say they want the Americans to stay in Iraq, because they haven't had enough American blood yet. If they've been listening to the "cut and run" rhetoric about the dems, why would they then be happy about the dems win?

Some folks get it, some don't, some never will. If it needs explaining, the effort likely would be wasted.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 03:19 pm
timberlandko wrote:
a war which was thrust upon us a generation ago.

timber, can you recognize your own hooey?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 03:31 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Quote:

This war was thrust upon us by George Bush!!!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 05:13 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Kicky, some folks realize there's a real war, irrespective of any consideration of who controls what in the US Government, a war which was thrust upon us a generation ago, some don't.

Some folks also understood the dangers of becoming embroiled in counter-insurgencies and argued against embarking on an ego trip.

The problem now is after having made a bad investment, what to do about it. The repercussions of leaving this one would be much graver than for leaving Viet Nam.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 06:00 pm
kickycan wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

I fail to see how that relates to the article. Seems to me like you were just trying to bait the lefties.

Pretty much. But then thats hardly a first.

After the last elections he went around pasting 'funny' pictures of a crybaby wth the Democratic logo. Guess that tactic doesnt work so well anymore this time round... :wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:06 pm
Not baiting anyone, nimh ... just pointing out the obvious. When engaged in a war, it is disingenuous to presume one's enemy might not achieve a success from time to time, and more foolish yet to over-react to an enemy's success. This war didn't start with Bush - he merely began the long overdue counter offensive - and it won't end until the Islamofascists either achieve their self-declaredly desired global victory or meet their utter defeat. As I said, some folks just don't get it, some never will.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:09 pm
Well as long as us dullards have you around to "point out the obvious" to us, we may struggle through.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:11 pm
More straw man, snood - one might think thats all you care to bring to the discussion.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:20 pm
Timber wrote:
As I said, some folks just don't get it, some never will.

Are you of of the folks who "get it", Timber?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:43 pm
I might venture that the election results show that perhaps folks like Timber didnt get it... and they're left to wonder what went wrong and how come people dont buy their stuff anymore.

Not to worry, I suppose there's always the liberal media to blame. Or to believe that, if only Foley, Ney and Delay hadnt effed up, the voters would once again have bought into their be afraid/vote for us ticket.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:54 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Not baiting anyone, nimh ... just pointing out the obvious. When engaged in a war, it is disingenuous to presume one's enemy might not achieve a success from time to time, and more foolish yet to over-react to an enemy's success. This war didn't start with Bush - he merely began the long overdue counter offensive - and it won't end until the Islamofascists either achieve their self-declaredly desired global victory or meet their utter defeat. As I said, some folks just don't get it, some never will.

I yearn for the days that we were fighting a war with the Islamofacists rather than getting caught up in sectarian civil conflict where the Islamofacists need do little more than stir the pot.

At one time Saddam was a threat to his neighbors, but Desert Storm took care of that. If nothing else he was keeping Islamic fundamentalism in Iraq in check. IMO Forrest Gump could have predicted this outcome.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 07:58 pm
timberlandko wrote:
kickycan wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Good god, timber. What do you think they're gonna say? Do you actually believe they would say anything different no matter how it turned out? Come on, they always declare victory no matter what happens. They're kind of like our wonderful president that way.

By the way, in the article, they say they are glad the democrats won, but then they also say they want the Americans to stay in Iraq, because they haven't had enough American blood yet. If they've been listening to the "cut and run" rhetoric about the dems, why would they then be happy about the dems win?

Some folks get it, some don't, some never will. If it needs explaining, the effort likely would be wasted.

Exactly, and Timber just illustrated it perfectly.

ehBeth wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Nope...nor can he and the rest who buy this crap recognize it as the same ploy used again and again by propagandists.....the old "stab in the back" myth, so blatantly created by, amongst others, the Nazis.

I note its way being prepared for again by the neocons re the current Iraq debacle......in the form of Bush's disloyal servants.

So...does this mean we have to do this all again in another 30 years re Iraq II? I can see the same miserable cycle in preparation again....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:02 pm
nimh wrote:
kickycan wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Pretty much. But then thats hardly a first.

After the last elections he went around pasting 'funny' pictures of a crybaby wth the Democratic logo. Guess that tactic doesnt work so well anymore this time round... :wink:

Has anyone from the left fallen low enough to mimic that particularly disgusting behaviour by the way? It wasn't just Timber, there was a little bunch of them, though I remember his doings best, because I was actually shocked that he would do it, as opposed by having expected it of the others.

I remember wondering if the behaviour would be as revolting when the tables first turned.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:20 pm
It's hard to believe that 14% of America still thinks he SHOULDN'T be impeached.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:24 pm
NickFun wrote:
It's hard to believe that 14% of America still thinks he SHOULDN'T be impeached.

I hope there is no such attempt, though.

It would be a useless distraction from trying to do real things.

Anyhoo, the man has just led to to the deaths of thousands and the mistreatment of god knows how many, it isn't like he has done anything truly criminal, like have consensual sex with an adult.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:54 pm
timberlandko wrote:

You have no one to blame but yourself. Your own CIA said it best; expect blowback. If you hadn't stuck your nose in all those places where it didn't belong, there would have been none of this.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:08 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I wish our propaganda was as good as thiers.

I wish you could spell.

"Your" propaganda worked wonders for a number of years. It caused otherwise thinking humans to vote for the dumbest man ever to set foot in political office; quite the feat given some of those gems that were just booted out.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:10 pm
ehBeth wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

He's too busy shovelling to realize he's up to his neck in BS, ehBeth.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 09:14 pm
dlowan wrote:
... Anyhoo, the man has just led to to the deaths of thousands and the mistreatment of god knows how many, it isn't like he has done anything truly criminal, like have consensual sex with an adult.

Now that would be really, really bad!
0 Replies