The IGNORANCE Of The US Voters

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:27 pm
RexRed wrote:
Welcome to the erosion of America by the radical left ...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/11/9/215218.shtml?s=al&promo_ code=2872-1

Mr Red, I took a poll and dsicovered that
1/3 rd think you have over-used meth
1/3 rd think you simply retarded
1/3 rd think you are fuc*king Finn
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:30 pm
nimh wrote:
Jeez, dont these people have nothing better to do?

And with that, I mean both the students who banned the Pledge and the ones who are furious about it.

The world is burning and they focus their energies on whether a salute to the flag is made at board meetings or not?

Well, they're college students, nimh. It's about principles. It's important to them.

I mean, what did you do in college...?

Very Happy
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:31 pm
Good question, "Will the Democrats Become Part of the Problem?" http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts181.html
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2006 10:08 pm
old europe wrote:
Well, they're college students, nimh. It's about principles. It's important to them.

I mean, what did you do in college...?

Very Happy

Good point. <grins>

Though oddly enough, the time I was in university was pretty much the one time I kept far from politics - I mean, other than as an object of study.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 07:11 am
Actually, refusing to join in on a national pledge of allegiance would fit quite precisely into Amish or Mennonite theology, worldly government being understood as an arrogant and delusional usurpation of biblical authority.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 07:24 am
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
As an aside, I ate dinner with Wavy Gravy and Richie Havens one time while in college with a few other friends. Two gentlemen that have some really great stories. Wavy Gravy is indeed a funny guy.

You and Richie Havens, huh?

Was this before your conservative revelation? Richie Havens used to smoke dope and hang out with the hippies.

Yes, it was. McG used to be a dope-smoking, hippie liberal in college. Then he grew up.

don't confuse growing bitter with growing up :wink:
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 08:26 am
Dowd: Voters sick of 'macho politics by marshmallow men'

RAW STORY
Published: Saturday November 11, 2006

The 2006 vote demonstrates that Americans are fed up with political posturing, asserts Maureen Dowd in a commentary that will appear in Saturday's edition of The New York Times.

"This will be known as the year macho politics failed - mainly because it was macho politics by marshmallow men," Dowd writes. "Voters were sick of phony swaggering, blustering and bellicosity, absent competency and accountability. They were ready to trade in the deadbeat Daddy party for the sheltering Mommy party."
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Dowd_Voters_sick_of_macho_politics_1111.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:10 pm
dyslexia wrote:
no, this one in republican alaska. http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/08/09/bridges/story.jpg

This bridge cost less probably than a million dollars to build. As opposed to the billions and billions of dollars the "big dig' has cost US tax payers in subsidies and the people of Massachusetts. Yes Mr. Kennedy, your "big dig" is killing people.

From Wikipedia: Fatal ceiling collapse

Main article: Big Dig ceiling collapse

A fatal accident raised safety questions and closed part of the project for most of the summer of 2006. Part of the ceiling collapsed in a tunnel segment under South Boston, connecting I-90 to the Ted Williams Tunnel. The July 11 collapse killed one person and contributed to the death of another, a heart attack victim who died en route to a hospital when his ambulance was caught in a resulting traffic jam two weeks after the collapse.[12] On September 1, 2006, one eastbound lane of the connector tunnel was re-opened to traffic.[13][14]

Following extensive inspections and repairs, Interstate 90 east and west bound lanes reopened in early January 2007.[15] The final piece of the road network, a high occupancy vehicle lane connecting Interstate 93 north to the Ted Williams Tunnel was reopened on June 1, 2007.

On July 10, 2007 after a lengthy investigation, the National Transportation Safety Board found that epoxy glue used to hold the roof in place during construction was not appropriate for long term bonding.[16] This was determined to be the cause of the roof collapse. The Power-Fast Epoxy Adhesive from Powers Fasteners used in the installation was designed for short term loading, such as wind or earthquake loads, not long term loading such as the weight of a panel.[17]

Powers Fasteners revised their product specifications on May 15, 2007 to increase the safety factor from 4 to 10 for any of their epoxy products which are intended for use in overhead applications. The safety factor on Power-Fast Epoxy in particular was increased from 4 to 16.[17]

Comment: And so on... with unsafe, under inspected and neglected repairs of bridges, some collapsing, all over the US, how long will this big dig be going on before it becomes associated with the word "disaster"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Welcome to the erosion of America by the radical left ...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/11/9/215218.shtml?s=al&promo_ code=2872-1

Mr Red, I took a poll and dsicovered that
1/3 rd think you have over-used meth
1/3 rd think you simply retarded
1/3 rd think you are fuc*king Finn

Yes, you polled the very same people who knew who they were voting for whey they voted for Reid... Huh?

Special interest and democracy are opposing forces. Yet you don't seem to get it Dys, so you must be mirroring you own mental retardation.

Your brain capacity is too small to think such big thoughts like that I guess.

You defend blind democracy and special interest in the same breath. So your insults are actually laughable.

Your brain is pulp... pulp.

Now let's see what idiot thing comes out of your pea brain (which is a generous description) now.

Careful, I am prepared to run circles around your three year old reasoning capacity. You have shown your own idiocy and lack of understand of politics (of your own so called party) what more do people need to see to realize you are simply a dumb ass.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 12:30 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Dowd: Voters sick of 'macho politics by marshmallow men'

RAW STORY
Published: Saturday November 11, 2006

The 2006 vote demonstrates that Americans are fed up with political posturing, asserts Maureen Dowd in a commentary that will appear in Saturday's edition of The New York Times.

"This will be known as the year macho politics failed - mainly because it was macho politics by marshmallow men," Dowd writes. "Voters were sick of phony swaggering, blustering and bellicosity, absent competency and accountability. They were ready to trade in the deadbeat Daddy party for the sheltering Mommy party."
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Dowd_Voters_sick_of_macho_politics_1111.html

Nothing will erase the fact that only 20 percent of the idiot dems who voted for Pelosi even knew who she was...

So they mandated change? How about some informed, educated, well thought out, planned, carefully considered and logically reasoned change for once?

I guess that is too much to ask from the average democrat.
0 Replies