What Is the Worst Sin?

Dux

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 07:36 am
Cicerone Imposter, I was indeed referring to the indians, they got weird beliefs passed from one generation to another.

However, like JLN pointed out, they are noble, & perhaps the kindest people in Mexico.

Through my travels I've made in Mexico I've gotten to know alot of them, & they enjoyed talking to me, & with the term ignorants I don't mean anything despective towards them, since actually I am simpatetic about them.

Btw, they cook extremely delicious meals Mr. Green
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:25 am
Dux, I've often wondered how important high intelligence would be rated against "noble and kindest?" IMHO, I prefer "ignorance and noble" to "intelligent and inhuman." c.i.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 09:38 am
Beg 2 differ, C.I.;
2b noble and humane, indicates intelligence!
(perhaps not the "corporately approved" kind!)
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 01:47 pm
No, it indicates wisdom, not intelligence.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 02:26 pm
NH, You have that right! It's wisdom all the way. Many people with intelligence have been dangerous to humanity, because they have no wisdom. c.i.
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 07:55 pm
It also matters their values, & how infected by the pleasures of life & by others evils of societies.

Those kind people often never experimented those things, so in a way they stay pure, not like much of us who have washed of those evil things.
0 Replies

Liquid Virtues

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 04:19 am
hi guys newbie here.... to the original subject i would have to say andy form of cruelty to humans or animals or any other life form.

i belive this to be the ultimate sin... religious wise i can not contribute as i am not religious... i can not understand how someone can beat, verbally assult, starve (food and/or effection) etc. how pople can do such things and live their lives out with no ramours is beyond my comprehention!

(please excuse the spelling.... its a little rusty.... not to many forums these days actually stay with the topic and not turn to smut so i havnt typed in awhile)
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:00 am
Liquid Virtues wrote:
hi guys newbie here.... to the original subject i would have to say andy form of cruelty to humans or animals or any other life form.

What exactly do you mean by cruelty to animals?(be specific plz)

Btw, welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:14 am
LV, Welcome to A2K. c.i.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:25 am
Hmmm; I like the concept;
keeping one's virtues "liquid", just in case one has to make a quick "exit" from the "stage of life"!

And by the way guys; intelligence is merely a tool which can be used for good or evil, but it is the tool with which "wisdom" is extracted from experience!
0 Replies

Liquid Virtues

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 02:49 am
i mean the obvious.... as in neglect... emotionally as well as being fed... being hit, kicked or whatever inhuman act you could inflict on the animal. NOT to mention the sick acts of animal testing so poor barby dolls...ie: women with a make-up obsession... dont get a rash from their cosmetics!....

they have just as much right as a human if you ask me!

btw the nick was brought about due to the amount of ppl i have met who have no morals etc.... its a sarcasm Smile
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 05:49 am
I have to say Liquid Virus has a major point. What if we played The Weakest Link with any of the other animals. We would be kicked off the planet immediately don't you think?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 07:51 am
Algis; I'm not sure our newcomer will appreciate the "downgrade" from "virtue" to virus;Embarrassed
but as for your WL scenario, the hairy little apes seem to be "kicking ass" pretty soundly within the struggle for "niche" space on this planet - unfortunately!
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:02 am
I agree that hitting, not feding, or testing prducts on animals is WRONG, I rather have them testing those products on the unemployed humans, since then they'll have to pay for it. But isn't another cruelty to wear coats from their skin?, or eat them?(In my opinion no, because humans eat meat, we use to be hunters & we used to collect fruits before we started farming.)

I also agree with the obssesion of women with cosmetic, this society puts so much emphasis of the so-called beauty, that mainly those ignorant women(not all women are ignorant, actually I believe smart women tend to be more intelligent than smart men) go in rush to try to look like the society tells them to look, which is rather silly, but what can you expect from women who's life are miserable & have no clue about what life really is.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:14 am
Dux, It's amazing to see how much influence societal expectations control us humans in how we behave and do things - not only women, but men too. Think smoking. c.i.
0 Replies

Dux

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:36 am
Think alcohol(both men & women), think Coke, think TV, think McDonalds, Burgerking, think cars, & th list could go on & on... Confused Confused Confused

But the good thing is when you relize the influece & start the depurative action on yourself, cleaning all those things that society influences us in a bad way.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 09:57 am
Dux; "depurative": I love it, you not only learn the language in leaps and bounds, but now your adding to it; great word I'll have to give it a try.

One thing to be careful of though; in cleansing yourself of all these sad and meaningless influences, is to try to avoid the "elitism" that can worm its evil way into your consciousness; those who are suckered into these ways of life are just you or I with an unlucky lapse of thinking along the way. They deserve our help, not our disdain; it is the "system"; the "drug lords" of fast foods and cosmetics, of "what you must wear to be [IN]"; who are the enemy (and even most of them are adicted to what they sell!).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 11:07 am
amen.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 01:38 pm
Quote:
Dux wrote:
I agree that hitting, not feding, or testing prducts on animals is WRONG, I rather have them testing those products on the unemployed humans,"

Not naming the Institute, let me say, that in the Boston area there is a very famous Clinic that specializes in the treatment of burn patients. They are "miracle workers", to be sure when burn treatment is essential to preservation of life.

They have developed their techniques by using animals. Why? Because such methods cannot and never will be used on live human beings. Animal sacrifice must be used to develope these methods of treatment. While I am against animal torture, I am not against the use of animals in medical/scientific experiments. All one needs to know about the value of animals to medical research is to research the History of Medicine. A really good example, might be the research with dogs, that lead to the discovery of insulin.
0 Replies