Muslim Cleric's remarks....

Tarnished Angel

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 11:14 pm
Wilso

I apologise for what I called you earlier. A civilised person shouldn't lose his cool no matter what the provocation.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 12:43 am
Wilso wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Finished Angle

Why dont you spend less time trying to convince us of the beauty of your faith and more time convincing the radical elements within islam?

Please note I despise all religions equally.

That all comes back to the original topic of this thread. NOT ONE member of the islamic community called this pr!ck to task when he likened women to pieces of meat. It was only when someone translated it to english over a month later, before it came to light. All of islam is radical. There are no moderate moslems. They are all potential terrorists. Frightening, howling superstitious freaks, who should be either
A. Locked up.
or
B. Shipped back to the third world sh!tholes that spewed them out.

Yes they did, and I posted some of it on this very thread.

Wilso, I have no idea why you are the way you are, and I am sorry for it...but what you say is actual, real, evil. This is an important and difficult situation.

The kind of person who is so damaged as to post the lies you do, on both sides, is representative of the prejudice and horror we are all trying to combat.

I know you are not a bad person, but can you not see the damage your hateful postings are part of?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 03:40 am
For forty years I was the most tolerant person on earth. But my patience has run out. Added to which, for the last 5 years (since 911) I've been waiting for just one muslim leader to make a clear and unqualified rejection of the views of radical islam. I've yet to hear one. For the last 2 months I've been waiting for just one Australian muslim leader to make a clear and unqualified rejection of the sheik's remarks. I've yet to hear one. And that's not even getting into the quite clear superiority that the likes of TA believe they have. I've said before I will happily wear the tag of bigot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 04:33 am
Wilso wrote:
For forty years I was the most tolerant person on earth. But my patience has run out. Added to which, for the last 5 years (since 911) I've been waiting for just one muslim leader to make a clear and unqualified rejection of the views of radical islam. I've yet to hear one. For the last 2 months I've been waiting for just one Australian muslim leader to make a clear and unqualified rejection of the sheik's remarks. I've yet to hear one. And that's not even getting into the quite clear superiority that the likes of TA believe they have. I've said before I will happily wear the tag of bigot.

The most tolerant person on earth?

Hmmmmmm.............show me where.

Well, happily or not, you are certainly wearing the tag of bigot.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:06 am
Tarnished Angel wrote:
Steve

I do get a "warm glow inside" thinking all human beings are created equal. I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on your racial views....
I have no views on race. I only interact with individuals. The colour of their skin or hair is immaterial. You were using the word equal to imply moral worth and of course in that sense I agree we are all equal. But at the same time its no use denying that on just about any attribute you can measure we are all different. How you cope with that difference is what matters. I do not believe homosexuals have any more control over their sexual orientation than they do over their eye colour, and hence to me punishment of homosexuality is as bad as punishment on racial grounds.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 05:35 am
dlowan wrote:

I do have a life outside of the internet!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:24 am
Wilso wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I do have a life outside of the internet!

So...you are a totally different human being outside the net?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:27 am
It means, you don't see all of who I am just here, either now, or in the past.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:32 am
Wilso wrote:

Obviously, but that does not support your rather preposterous claim.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:43 am
dlowan wrote:
Wilso wrote:

Obviously, but that does not support your rather preposterous claim.

Fine, I'm not looking for your approval, and don't need it.
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 08:20 pm
Quote:
on just about any attribute you can measure we are all different. How you cope with that difference is what matters. I do not believe homosexuals have any more control over their sexual orientation than they do over their eye colour, and hence to me punishment of homosexuality is as bad as punishment on racial grounds.

I was under the impression that you were implying some form of racial superiority and inferiority concept when talking about muslims and the general part of the world where they are predominantly found. Your explanation makes it clear that you are now speaking of human diversity. I agree with this concept and in fact find human diversity beautiful.

I find it backward of clerics of all faiths to try to fit all believers into the same mold. The Prophet Muhammad had a full beard and no moustache. That was the fashion of his time and what he was comfortable with. He never advised that others should grow a full beard. If some one wishes to grow one that is his right, but being made to grow one or feeling that it makes you purer is just plain stupidity. The nun's habit and the priests collar are really part of that same mentality. I don't wish to begrudge anyone that, but it does not appeal to me. Faith is about the spirit and moral values, not about outward appearance.

Homosexuality is something complex. As I made clear a few posts ago, the reference to it in the Quran advises punishment followed by a pardon. Clearly all religions share very conservative views (by todays social standards) on all aspects of sex - same sex, premarital and even positions (hence the term missionary position!!). One could justly argue that this is against free will. But we also have to agree that if the religious restrictions on promiscuity had never existed, the entire social fabric of society today would be unrecognisable.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 01:28 am
Muslims 'more Australian than Anglos'

By staff writers

January 11, 2007 03:23pm

CONTROVERSIAL Islamic cleric Taj al-Din al-Hilali has reportedly claimed Muslims have more right to be in Australia than people of Anglo-Saxon descent because their ancestors were not convicts.

Channel 7 said Sheik Hilali made the comments in an appearance on Egyptian television.

He also defended the comments he made last year in which he compared immodestly-dressed women to pieces of meat.

source
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 02:03 am
dadpad wrote:
Muslims 'more Australian than Anglos'

By staff writers

January 11,:23pm

CONTROVERSIAL Islamic cleric Taj al-Din al-Hilali has reportedly claimed Muslims have more right to be in Australia than people of Anglo-Saxon descent because their ancestors were not convicts.

Channel 7 said Sheik Hilali made the comments in an appearance on Egyptian television.

He also defended the comments he made last year in which he compared immodestly-dressed women to pieces of meat.

source

This fella is starting to make like Hollingsworth (if he was the GG who got himself fired re sexual abuse).

He is drawn to drama as the sparks fly upwards.

Needs putting out of his misery.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:22 am
Quote:
The Prophet Muhammad had a full beard and no moustache.
I didnt know this. And I suspect you dont either. Did he wear flip flops like Jesus?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 03:41 am
Now we've got another goat herder calling for children to sacrifice themselves for Allah.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 04:41 am
Why did Mohammed shave only his moustache, thats what I want to know.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 03:39 pm
"A Muslim woman police officer refused to shake hands with the head of the Metropolitan Police on faith grounds."
0 Replies