Multiple and contradictory:
1. OH MY GOD WE HAVE A WOMAN PRIME MINISTER!!! And I think she's a smart and decent woman. And SHE'S FROM THE LEFT...only sadly, it's only what passes for a left these days.
2. I feel for Rudd.
3. WHY in HELL hasn't Rudd been performing as he did last night in the media conference? Guts and grace, I'd say. I've not been impressed with his policies, but I think he's a decent fella.
4. The ******* right managed to persuade him to back down on ETS, and he's plummeted from there, and now they shaft him!
5. The right gave her this, and they're going to be pressuring her a lot.
6. If it's a poisoned chalice Labor's managed to get a woman to drink from it again. If not, see above.
7. I wish her all the wellest and I hope she does a fantastic job and blows Abbott and Rudd out of the water.
8. Thank goddess I am not in politics.