Muslim Cleric's remarks....

hingehead

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 08:21 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:

Hingehead I think you should keep your head closed, part of your brain seems to have fallen out. Laughing

HA - I tricked you, I don't have a brain. Nyah, nyah, nyah!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 05:35 am
Tarnished Angel wrote:
At that time, the Arab prince Sheikh Osama told the Saudi govt., let me fight Saddam. Don't let the US in because they will never leave.

The official western response at that time was that they are only going to topple the dictator Saddam and don't intend to remain permanently. A decade later they were still there. Not even the 9/11 carnage was enough to make them acknowledge this issue, let alone leave. As far as Osama or other radical Arabs are concerned, they are fighting a much stronger enemy - fighting for their freedom and homeland...

Quote:
In August 2003, following the U.S.-led war in Iraq in March and April 2003, the United States withdrew its troops stationed in Saudi Arabia.
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:02 am
The Pentagon announced before the first Gulf war that American troops would return after completing a very specific mission. Twelve years later, there is a media release that they have moved out - something a lot of people still question. It 'coincidentally' is timed with a secret report about a dooms-day scenario in which the middle east is 'seriously destabilised' and the US may need to secure Saudi oil supplies.

Come on, they have bases all over the middle east and can and do strike with impunity where their interest lies. This is all about geo-strategic goals and to hell with the human cost. Fanatics like Bin Laden respond by saying that if the US does not respect our civilians, we won't respect theirs.

What does the ordinary muslim have to do with this battle between madmen?
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:21 am
Steve

I'm a muslim - make of that what you will! I was born a muslim, all my relatives are muslim, the people I grew up with are predominantly muslim and at least half my friends are muslim. Some of the muslims I've known are rich, others poor; some tall, others short; some highly cultured, others ignoramuses. I've tortured my brain for the last twenty minutes and I can't recall even one of them supporting terrorist acts, Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein or any of that circle. Well, I do remember one person who passes stupid comments, but even his wife & kids think he's senile!

But all of them are anti-US, anti-imperialism and most of them feel that western agendas for our part of the world have affected their life in some adverse way. All of them believe in the freedom of speech and most believe in the the long-term benefits of democracy and separation of church and state. I too feel the same way. Maybe I was brought up in the wrong circle and I have to move into your orbit to see the evil that is islam - but all I see is a good, decent people who are not being allowed to live and let live by western arrogance and their own greedy rulers.

I said this before and would like to repeat - the West (or their institutions like the CIA) are still funding radical organizations because it is in their interest that this menace is not killed. That is my honest belief!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 05:56 am
TA

You were not born Muslim. You were born to Muslim parents.

I have never said Islam is evil, though some evil acts have been done it its name.

I dont like religion especially where there is no separation between religion and state...which to give you credit you said you supported.

This is a struggle for who gets to control the remaining oil. Western oil companies developed the oil fields and pay royalties to Middle East governments. They dont steal it. How those governments distribute the oil wealth is a matter for them. But if it wasnt for western technological expertise, the oil would still be in the ground and you would get no royalties at all.

Half my argument with Islam is that it has prevented Muslim countries developing.
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:04 am
Despite many obvious similarities, all the major faiths of the world have some unique characteristics or principles. Islam teaches us that all people are born muslim regardless of the faith of their parents. The fact that I remained a muslim is largely attributable to my being born in a muslim family.

I concur that evil acts have been done in the name of Islam. I don't have a right to hate anybody, but if I did, I would find a muslim fanatic who twists his faith and uses it as an excuse for violence even more detestable than a rabidly anti-muslim bigot. I'm truly sorry to see innocent people of other faiths (and muslims) being slaughtered in the name of a faith that was supposed to preach love and enlighten mankind.

Western oil companies are only interested in the profit motive. They do not steal, but the governments of some western countries - most specifically the US - have chosen the governments that run oil rich countries and have seriously undermined any quest for freedom of policy.

The oil would still be in the ground without western expertise. Hmm...

When the English landed on the Indian sub-continent, India held 80% of the worlds industrial production capacity. When they left 200 years later, the English held 80% of the worlds industrial production capacity and India/Pakistan/Bangladesh was a shadow of itself. When you see signs in their own homeland saying "No dog's or Indians allowed", when all your institutions, suited to your genius, are dismantled and alien institutions imposed, it does something to your spirit. Whats true for India is true for Africa, the Middle East and South America. It takes a long time for the scars to heal.

Its easy to say that if the West had not been there, the world would have stood still. But please remember history is greater than a narrow ethnic group. True the European civilisation has seen an unprecedented level of progress in the past 400 years. But what were they 800 years ago and where will they be 200 years from today. When the English were living in caves like barbarians, Arab scientists were making vital contributions to mathematics, astronomy, medicine and philosophy. The urban planning and magnificent architecture of cities like Cordoba and Baghdad are considered marvels to this day. The Arabs grew complacent, lost sight of truth justice (much as the sons of Jefferson and Lincoln are doing today) and have reaped their reward over the past 100 years in becoming puppets to foreigners.

Islam is not what has inhibited Muslim national growth. If anything, faith created a spirit of unity and discipline which created some of the greatest empires the world has known.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 04:50 am
Tarnished Angel wrote:
Despite many obvious similarities, all the major faiths of the world have some unique characteristics or principles. Islam teaches us that all people are born muslim regardless of the faith of their parents.

Do you fruitcakes actuall READ the garbage that you post? This is the absolute height of arrogance.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 05:36 am
Do you see the type of lunacy you're up against Steve? Islam teaches that EVERYONE is born moslem (as if we need any more of those cockroaches infesting the planet). These freaks are trying to say that you and I were born moslem, that my buddhist wife was born moslem, that my unborn child is already a moslem? What a frightening proposition.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 06:22 am
Thats exactly what they believe, and its why a convert to Islam from another religion is referred to by muslims as a "revert". Moreover followers of other faiths must have left their natural-born muslim state.... and we all know Islam's punishment for apostasy. All these crazy ideas stem from their belief that the muslims, and only the muslims, are in possession of the perfect unchanged and final word of God in the form of a book, which (and this is the joke) Mohammed didnt write.
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:35 am
Oh my!!!

The bigot brigades back - all guns blazing!!! Reminds of the western The Wild Bunch - good movie!

There is nothing offensive about this Islamic belief. The basic spirit behind this simple, innocent belief which you have decided to be indignant about is that we all are God's children and he created us equal. The paths we go down are determined by family, society, experience and personal choices.

I've never heard the expression "revert" before. Did Bush's spin doctors invent that too? Is that another cross we have to bear? Let me quote to you direct from the Quran what our religion says - and please remember these are words written over 1,400 years ago:

Quran - 2:62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Quran - 5:69 Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness--their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow.

Quran - 5:82 . . . and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: 'We are Christians.' That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud.

If you have a copy of the Quran at home, please look these verses up and get over your petty hatred!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 09:02 am
Tarnished Angel wrote:
The basic spirit behind this simple, innocent belief which you have decided to be indignant about is that we all are God's children and he created us equal.
Nice idea. Pity its diametrically opposed to reality. If I were to accept- for sake of argument- that we are all the children of God...and you'd have to explain that one a bit more btw....its obvious that God did not create us all equal. And I dont believe muslims or any other faith group actually believe it either. Its your faith that singles you out, makes you special, allows you into heaven and the infidel to hell. Its your basic belief in your religion that makes you feel superior to the other guy. If it didnt do this for you, whats the purpose of having a religion? Once your religion establishes you as superior, it follows logically that all sorts of barbarity can be justified in the name of God.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:40 pm
Tarnished Angel wrote:

I've never heard the expression "revert" before. Did Bush's spin doctors invent that too? Is that another cross we have to bear?
I dont know where it came from ask Abid on the other thread.

Abid wrote:

Im not the one 'Desperate' to disprove the faith of Islam

Im not trying my utmost to stem the flow of reverts who embrace Islam every single day....

Your futile attempts to slander Islam do you no benifit. Islam is the fastest growing religion as stated earlier. People from all backgraounds and ethnicities can be found coming back to their Lord all the time.

The sooner you accept that Islam is here to stay the better

And I replied

Steve41oo wrote:

I have not slandered Islam. I have merely pointed out some truths which you reject because your mind is befuddled with religious nonsense. Its not for me to disprove anything. Its for you to offer evidence to back up your assertions. You have produced none. All we ever hear is the circular and spurious argument that God dictated the Koran therefore the Koran is God's word. For too long rationalists (being on the whole thoroughly nice people) have refrained from criticising religion out of an excessive deference to religious sensibilities. But events in recent years have opened people's eyes to the existential harm religion can do. Therefore its time to challenge belief with reason. Its time to fight fundamentalist irrational religious extremism with factual intelligible rational explanation.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
more equality under Islam

Western Resistance wrote:

The Independent and the New Zealand Herald carry a report by Kim Sengupta. This describes the grisly fate which befell a 46-year old schoolteacher from Ghazni, Afghanistan, who disobeyed Taliban orders and educated girls.

Mohammed Halim was taken from his home at night by gunmen. His body was partially disemboweled, and then his limbs were tied to motorbikes. As the vehicles accelerated away, his body was ripped apart. What remained of the teacher was then put on display as a warning to other teachers who dared to educate girls. Mr Halim was the fourth teacher to be killed in Ghazni recently.

.....On July 23 this year Michael Frastacky, a 56-year old carpenter from Vancouver, was shot dead. For four summers, he had labored to build a school in the remote Nahrin Valley, north of Kabul in the Hindu Kush. He had intended the school to provide education for boys and girls in equal numbers. In order to accommodate the strict faith of the communities in this remote region, he was working on placing a separate playground for the girls when he was killed.

...Proper education for today's children in Afghanistan is a priority, to ensure a future that is better than the present. But though children are now in need of schools the whole society in Afghanistan, which legally stipulates the death penalty for those leaving Islam, is in need of a massive re-education program.

.....While Muslims in the West make efforts to convert people to their faith, traditional Islamic countries have laws which prevent anyone trying to convert Muslims out of their faith. In Saudi Arabia and Malaysia, conversion of Muslims from their faith can lead to jail sentences. In Algeria on March 15, the parliament introduced a bill which prevents anyone from apostasising from Islam to another faith. The bill was passed into law, and allows imprisonment of from two to five years and a fine of from $6,000 to $12,000 (US) for anyone "urging or forcing or tempting, to convert a Muslim to another religion."

plenty more of that (unfortunately) at

http://westernresistance.com/
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:15 pm
Western Resistance wrote:
The Muslim Boys have managed to develop for themselves a fearsome reputation. They use Islam as a cover to justify doing whatever they wish. They are devout, in that they pray five times a day, but their version of Islam is one that follows the "caravan-raiding" of the "prophet" Mohammed and his followers, as described in Sura 8 of the Koran.

Last year, the Evening Standard wrote an interview with a member of the gang, called "Winston" on July 5, 2005. He said: "Knives is f*ck-all. Later, my bruvs will be back from their robberies with our skengelengs [guns] and cream [money]. Later there be MACinside-10s [sub-machine guns] all over the floor, laid wall to wall. And moolah! We count it - 10 grand, 20 grand. Then, after midnight," he adds, matter-of-factly, "me and my bruvs go to mosque to pray."
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 04:49 am
Quote:
its obvious that God did not create us all equal. And I dont believe muslims or any other faith group actually believe it either.

I'm not going to argue with that Steve. God DID create us all equal - its man's ignorance and barbarity that created inequality. Faith has always preached love, harmony and justice. Dogmatic people can claim expertise on any faith and spew any rubbish they wish. That does not cheapen the faith! Were it not for devout Jews, Christians, Muslims, Zoroastrians, Hindus or Buddhists, the world would be far worse than it is.

It is true that Islam is a growing religion and not just due to high fertility rates. I have met two different Europeans (one from London btw) who converted to Islam. Neither knew the other, but what they had in common was that they both read and admired the Holy Quran. Neither subcribed to fanatical ideas of Jihad and I dare say they were both better muslims than many muslims born to muslim families. Abid is also right in saying that Islam is here to stay - as are Christianity, Judaism and all other great faiths.

You quote Kin Sen Gupta's Afghanistan report. But please remember that Afghanistan was the fighting ground between the two global superpowers and then proxy wars between militias for over two decades. There is no Afghan family whose son did not die, whose daughter was not raped. I have grown up seeing the radicalisation of that country by external forces. The Taliban is not a "real" political organization like the Tory or the Republic parties. It was a banding of disillusioned youths without a homeland, without education, without any direction and without a future. In their hands were thrust Klashnikovs, fanatical ideas and fearlessness. I can hate their views and their ignorance, but I can only feel sorry for those poor lost souls whom life dealt such a harsh hand. Having seen and lived with death for decades, human life holds very little meaning for them. But the solution is not to kill them all. Sitting in London, you've never faced even a full hour like the ones they faced every day for years. Get off your pedestal and stop judging and hating.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:40 am
Tarnished Angel wrote:
Quote:
its obvious that God did not create us all equal. And I dont believe muslims or any other faith group actually believe it either.

I'm not going to argue with that Steve. God DID create us all equal - its man's ignorance and barbarity that created inequality. Faith has always preached love, harmony and justice. Dogmatic people can claim expertise on any faith and spew any rubbish they wish. That does not cheapen the faith! Were it not for devout Jews, Christians, Muslims, Zoroastrians, Hindus or Buddhists, the world would be far worse than it is.
I might agree that we have equal rights under law, well in this country anyway. And if it gives you a warm glow inside to believe God created us all equal, then fine, but if you look around you see everywhere the most appalling examples of inequality...and I'm not talking about wealth or culture. Think of physical handicaps. Genetic predisposition to disease. Physical appearance. Stature. Birth defects. Intelligence. Metabolism. Sexual orientation/malfunction/deviation...and many other 'God given' attributes that we bring into the world at birth. Now you will immediately say I advocate social darwinism or worse. I dont, I'm just pointing out the reality that some people's genes give them a natural advantage over others. Its these differences between people that civilised society has to recognise, tolerate and manage. [Remind me again what the punishment for homosexuality is under sharia'a law?]

Quote:
Faith has always preached love, harmony and justice.
No, faith should[/b] always preach love etc. In practice it doesnt. It preaches separateness, us and them, (them being wrong) it emphasises difference and it leads to intolerance. In practice it brings about the exact opposite of that which you claim it "has always" preached. Regarding the 5 religions you refer to (I dont think Buddhism is actually a religion), far from enriching the world, most people believe they have caused more death destruction and suffering over the millennia than anything else.
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:35 am
Steve

I do get a "warm glow inside" thinking all human beings are created equal. I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on your racial views.

Homosexuality and Islam.....there is a great rift between established faiths like Christianity, Islam etc and some aspects of the modern concept of Free Will. Let me quote to you perhaps the most explicit Quranic verse on homosexuality (fyi....its the tale of Sodom and Gomorrah mentioned in the Old Testament)

Quran 29:28-31 - And We sent forth Lot to his people. He said to them: "You commit indecent acts which no other nation has committed before you. You lust after men and assault them on your highways. You turn your very gatherings into orgies." But his people's only reply was: "Bring down Allah's scourge upon us, if what you say be true." "Lord," said he, "deliver me from these degenerate men." And when Our messengers brought Abraham the good news they said: "We are about to destroy the people of this town, for they are wicked men."

Like Christianity, Islam considers homosexuality to be a sin. There is much dispute between Islamic scholars on whether homosexuality is a punishable offense with some scholars saying no physical punishment is warranted, others feeling severe punishment is warranted and yet others saying that the standard four (adult) male witness system should be followed. I would like to quote another Islamic verse on the same subject which sheds more light:

Quran 4:16 - If two men among you commit indecency punish them both. If they repent and mend their ways, let them be. Allah is forgiving and merciful.

So, as you can see, its not a clear-cut "law" (except for fanatics who would prescribe hell and damnation for the tiniest of human errors!).

We obviously don't see eye to eye on religion and its historic role. You can continue blaming language, race, civilization or religion - I will continue blaming human folly and greed.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:20 pm
Finished Angle

Why dont you spend less time trying to convince us of the beauty of your faith and more time convincing the radical elements within islam?

Please note I despise all religions equally.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 06:04 pm
dadpad wrote:
Finished Angle

Why dont you spend less time trying to convince us of the beauty of your faith and more time convincing the radical elements within islam?

Please note I despise all religions equally.

That all comes back to the original topic of this thread. NOT ONE member of the islamic community called this pr!ck to task when he likened women to pieces of meat. It was only when someone translated it to english over a month later, before it came to light. All of islam is radical. There are no moderate moslems. They are all potential terrorists. Frightening, howling superstitious freaks, who should be either
A. Locked up.
or
B. Shipped back to the third world sh!tholes that spewed them out.
0 Replies

Tarnished Angel

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 07:48 pm
Mousepad

How do I convince any radical element when radicalism has been created and is being fanned even today by greedy Capitalist interests! How can you keep throwing fuel into the fire and tell the fire to stop burning.

You are an educated man. I'm disappointed to see you use the word "despise" in condemning all religion. You have a right to choose your faith or be an agnostic/atheist but not to despise anyones faith.

Wilso

You're an absolute horror of a human being. A complete disgrace.....
0 Replies