Limbaugh accuses Michael J. Fox of Faking Symptoms to Shill

snood

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 10:30 pm
Michael J. Fox has aired a TV spot in which he tries to garner support for a candidate who supports the expansion of stem cell research. His Parkinson's Syndrome is advancing - and what is seen in the video as he speaks are the many dyskinesias - unwanted movements - that are a result of prolonged use of anti-parkinson medications like carvidopa/levidopa.

What is Rush Limbaugh's reaction? - Well, obviously the guy is faking it.

Now, if you look at the whole transcript, Limbaugh does say he will "bigly, hugely apologize" if he is wrong, but that's only after he's blurted out that he thinks Fox has either forgotten his meds or is faking for effect.

Even after he's tried to back away from the raw poison he's just spewed, he still tries to make the point that Fox "allowing his illness to be exploited" is far worse than what the guy said about Hillary Clinton being ugly.

All this proves once again that there are no depths - none - to which the rightwingnuts will not sink.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/23/rush-limbaugh-attacks-michael-j-fox-he-was-either-off-the-medication-or-he-was-acting-he-is-an-actor-after-all/

http://mediamatters.org/items/200610240001

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:29 am
Hmmm...
I thought this was heinous enough to garner a response

bump
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:57 am
I long, long, ago decided to deprive Limbaugh of my portion of an audience. When he first came on-air, I thought I had to hear every broadcast, and try to answer him. Which is the sort of thing he feeds on. Now I maintain oblivious silence.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:59 am
Yeah, I don't seek him out, either. But this was in Huffingtonpost.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:03 am
I like Michael J Fox. He was my first on-screen crush when I went to see Back to The Future at the cinema. His book is pretty good too. That guy is a twat for saying that about him.

x
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:05 am
That said, I respect Mike Fox and would not believe that of him without positive proof.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:15 am
snood wrote:
All this proves once again that there are no depths - none - to which the rightwingnuts will not sink.

I was nodding in assent to your entire thread.............until this last sentence. Personally, I think that Limbaugh is an asshole, and a dangerous one at that. There are just too many people who give credence to just about anything and everything that he says. I will on occasion, agree with what he says.

In the main though, I think that he is basically an entertainer who uses politics as his platform. I believe that many people in this country cannot separate out the kernels of truth which is usually wrapped in a lot of high falutin' garbage, which he uses to attract a certain type of audience.

But Snood, IMO you are painting with much too broad a brush when you ascribe what one man has said to all the "rightwingnuts". One man made the statement, not an entire group of people. Do you know what they call that kind of thinking?

PREJUDICE!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:18 am
Ooooh. I'm so excited. I got caught in the hamsters' "dirty word filter"! Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:21 am
Since snood was speaking of extreme nuts, I don't see that as predjudice at all, but an opinion of their means of political expression.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:27 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Since snood was speaking of extreme nuts, I don't see that as predjudice at all, but an opinion of their means of political expression.

I think that politicians, and political pundits often sink to depths that I find unconscionable. I don't know how it is in your state, but you would puke from the mudslinging negative ads that I am observing on TV, from all sides of the political spectrum.

That is not saying anything about the next politician that one might encounter!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:45 am
Yeah, Phoenix - what edgar said. Remember, I don't have any more regard for leftwingnuts than I do for rightwingnuts. they're all wingnuts.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:49 am
I have to agree with you on that..............but first we need to define, "wingnuts"! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:52 am
wingnut - noun - a nut with a pair of projections for the fingers to turn it on a screw.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:33 am
I think Michael Moore is a leftwingnut. I think Randi Rhodes and Ed Schultz (AirAmerica) are leftwingnuts.

I think people who hyperbolize on and on with blatant disregard for facts to promote raw partisan ends are wingnuts.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:46 am
So is Rush faking that he is off oxycontin?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:08 am
I don't think Rush should use words such as "medication."
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:17 am
Rush is an a$$hole.

Regardless of wether or not Mr. Fox was "off his medication" for the commercial, the message of the ad is what is important.

Rush is entitled to his opinion. However, I am free to criticize his opinion as stupid and self serving. He is not one to speak about medication.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:18 am
I thought the whole point of limbaugh was how low you could go.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:43 am
I will never get over people being celebrated and paid enormous sums of money to be publicly mean and ugly and nasty and vile.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 07:54 am
eoe wrote:
I will never get over people being celebrated and paid enormous sums of money to be publicly mean and ugly and nasty and vile.

And stupid...don't forget the stupid.
0 Replies