Limbaugh accuses Michael J. Fox of Faking Symptoms to Shill

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:49 pm
Yeah - a puzzler, that. It ain't like she had an afflicted relative, or anything...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:02 pm
follow that to it's logical conclusion and 41 and Babs must surely favor stem cell research......
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:06 pm
you know sometimes I wonder.... I mean Jeb is a repub scumbag too but I at least get the impression he has a head on his shoulders......I wonder if he ever asks himself what he's doing in the governors mansion while that idiot brother of his is in the White House... that must sting.....
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:35 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I truly wish, and I'm not posturing a bit, I really wish it were possible to fly to whatever shithole Limbaugh is at and just kick the living god damn **** out of him.....I also ALMOST wish someone he loves and cares about
would get a progressive or uncurable lifetime condition
so his fat scumbag ass would have an idea of the heartbreak it causes for all involved.... he needs to go to hell.......

Bear,
if u got what u almost wish,
then, in theory, if he cared about someone who agrees with U,
that person wud get " a progressive or uncurable lifetime condition ";
or,
as a matter of fact,
if he ever met YOU and got to care about YOU,
then, according to that concept
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:36 pm
How come you're not talking green David?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:38 pm
I have a free spirit
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:58 pm
Is it bourbon? Will you share?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 12:32 am
Bourbon is good.

I am going to HalloweeM in a few hours.
Thay r known for their abundant hospitality, including open bar

I will share
David
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 03:58 am
Saw it on the news last night and I am shocked and appalled at that Rush guy's behaviour. What a ****.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 05:43 am
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I truly wish, and I'm not posturing a bit, I really wish it were possible to fly to whatever shithole Limbaugh is at and just kick the living god damn **** out of him.....I also ALMOST wish someone he loves and cares about
would get a progressive or uncurable lifetime condition
so his fat scumbag ass would have an idea of the heartbreak it causes for all involved.... he needs to go to hell.......

Bear,
if u got what u almost wish,
then, in theory, if he cared about someone who agrees with U,
that person wud get " a progressive or uncurable lifetime condition ";
or,
as a matter of fact,
if he ever met YOU and got to care about YOU,
then, according to that concept

hence the word... for that and other reasons... ALMOST.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:16 am
Ok, I know I will get criticized for this, but what the heck. I'm in one of those moods today that make me want to cause trouble.

From the reports I have read (I do not listen to Rush, thus I can only go by what I read), Rush said Fox was either off his meds or acting. Fox has gone off his meds at least one other time when drumming up support for research money in order to show just how debilitating the disease can be. His reason for doing so is plain. He is trying to play on people's sympathies. Nothing inherently wrong with that in my opinion.

Bottom line is that Rush was not incorrect in guessing that Fox was either off his meds or acting. He was off his meds in all likelihood (according to things I have read). That said, I agree Rush was out of line with any mimicking of Fox's tremors. Quite disgusting if true.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 09:29 am
Michael J Fox has, as I recall, put a lot money & work into fighting PD.
Good for him.
I wouldn't wish Parkinson's on anyone, even Rush Limbaugh.
I was diagnosed as having Parkinson's Disease 8 years ago. It's not a lot of fun. The symptoms slowly but surely take over your whole life.
If Fox did come off his medication, he'd quickly react as if he was death warmed up. He wouldn't be able too act too save his life
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:46 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Ok, I know I will get criticized for this, but what the heck. I'm in one of those moods today that make me want to cause trouble.

From the reports I have read (I do not listen to Rush, thus I can only go by what I read), Rush said Fox was either off his meds or acting. Fox has gone off his meds at least one other time when drumming up support for research money in order to show just how debilitating the disease can be. His reason for doing so is plain. He is trying to play on people's sympathies. Nothing inherently wrong with that in my opinion.

Bottom line is that Rush was not incorrect in guessing that Fox was either off his meds or acting. He was off his meds in all likelihood (according to things I have read). That said, I agree Rush was out of line with any mimicking of Fox's tremors. Quite disgusting if true.

Regardless of what Mr. Fox may or may not have done re: the meds, Rush is wrong for even suggesting it since it is irrelevant to the issue.

Did that fat bastard ever speak to the issue?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 10:59 am
Thats right out of the Rovian playbook.
1Attack an issue's spokesperson , not the issue itself

2Attack the strengths of the candidate.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 11:07 am
Over here it's called a cheap shot.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 12:46 pm
Everyone knows that handicapped and diseased people should hide their disabilities to protect the sensibilities of normal people. Sheesh.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 08:03 am
woiyo wrote:

Regardless of what Mr. Fox may or may not have done re: the meds, Rush is wrong for even suggesting it since it is irrelevant to the issue.

Is it irrelevant for people to understand that Fox's symptoms are currently partially controlled through his medications? Or is what Fox did a blatant attempt to play on people's sympathies to get them to vote the way he believes they should vote, rather than using their intelligence to weigh the issue? I don't know. But seems to me in politics, everything is relevant.

woiyo wrote:
Did that fat bastard ever speak to the issue?

Just to answer your question Woiyo, I don't know. Didn't hear him cause I don't listen to him (for lots of good reasons). Just saying that from the reports I have read, he probably was off his meds and it was done to play up the sympathy card. No problem with that at all if the content of the ad was 100% accurate. Sources I have listened to and read seem to indicate the content was not fully accurate.

Fox stepped into a political debate and once he did so, he becomes fair game for his actions. And coming off his meds to make a political point is fair game to have pointed out. Kinda like Sheehan being fair game to have her actions criticized once she stepped into the political arena. I don't know, this all seems to be much ado about nothing.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 09:08 am
Coastal Rat:

Quote:
Fox stepped into a political debate and once he did so, he becomes fair game for his actions.

Fox didn't "step into a political debate" - he is joining a fight for his and others' lives by any means he can find. He has said over and over he is looking for Republicans, and he would campaign for republicans, if there were Republicans who were against democrats on this issue.

Quote:

And coming off his meds to make a political point is fair game to have pointed out.

Maybe you oughta find out what exactly is going on before you make your judgements. Fox has said in reference to the commercial that Limbaugh talked about, that he sometimes misjudges the medication - sometimes too much, sometimes too early or late. When he misjudges it, it kicks in either too early or too late to make him appear calm and lucid. He said he was, in fact OVERmedicated on the occasion Limbaugh is blathering about, which led to the "moving around" - the dyskinesia that is a common side effect of anticonvulsant meds.

Anyway, if the true face of his disease slips through, what is he supposed to do, HIDE it so mealy mouthed hypocrites can feel comfortable about the stemcell issue?

Quote:
Kinda like Sheehan being fair game to have her actions criticized once she stepped into the political arena. I don't know, this all seems to be much ado about nothing.

No, it appears you really don't know.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 09:42 am
If that is Fox's response then fine. I can only go by what I have read and heard from various sources. I've not kept up with this story much because I think it is nothing to get worked up over. I'm certainly not an expert on Parkinson's and can only go by what I have heard other Parkinson's patients say.

So thanks Snood for letting me know Fox's explanation.

I still however stand by my statement that once Fox decided to campaign for a political candidate (whether repub, dem, or independent does not really matter imo) he becomes fair game for those who wish to pick apart his efforts.

As I said before, this is much ado about nothing in my opinion.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 30 Oct, 2006 11:45 am
Yeah until your relatives or yourself get one of the diseases that could possibly be helped by expanded research, I can see where it might seem like that to some.

Or if you're a Limbaugh fan.

Or if you just don't give a ****.
0 Replies