Rot in hell, fun size Heath bars

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:14 pm
Im not gonna touch on my lingual skills any further.

7-11 used to sell em. They are made by Hershey. God sakes , get off yer ass and go outside . Theres a world of stores and places like that out there..

Sorry, thats my "tough love" act.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:18 pm
If 7-11 doesn't have it, the grocery store will.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:23 pm
Yeah, they're pretty much everywhere. My local Mobil qwik-stop even has them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:23 pm
boomerang wrote:

Can I buy this stuff at 7-11 or do I need a rich boyfriend?

Neither. You need a prescription.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 05:43 am
Candy
Is Dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.

~Ogden Nash
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:49 am
I picked up a Skor bar today expecting a real treat.

Get this: Heath and Skor are both made by Hershey.

In a taste test I noted that the Skor bar is a little sweeter and doesn't have that lovely buttery aftertaste that you get from a Heath bar.

In the ass kicking toffee bar smackdown I'm putting my money on Heath.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:08 pm
Interesting. About 20 years ago, I bought both a Skor and a HEath bar and ate them, one after the other, the Skor first. After eating the Skor, the HEath tasted chemical and off.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:50 pm
mmm

my favorite candy bar of all time is the Whatchamacallit
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 02:42 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I still like Butterfingers...

...The little bite-sized ones. Chew slowly, then pick the peanut butter out of your molars....

It's crispity, crunchity.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 03:19 pm
I've had both, though I never ate a Skor or Heath within one week of each other. Never detected any difference in them.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:09 pm
Skor is so good!

Helloween weakness: Peps. Mmm. A peppermint goodness. They are hard to find now - except at Helloween. And not too many kids seem to like 'em, so gimme gimme. Me and a few of the old dudes can scarf them down.

Does anyone remember helloween kisses? I can't believe they still sell 'em! But they do. bleh.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:08 pm
I love to do taste tests. Eat two or three of a kind in one setting. Best way to tell which one you like.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 02:18 pm
Skor bits are nice for baking with.

McIntosh's Toffees : those are the ones Sealpoet asked for when I visited Salem/Cambridge/the vortex. Dentists love that little red plaid box.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 06:17 pm
Peanut butter cups....yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Used to be able to find mini Three Musketeer bars. Since they're low fat (comparably Laughing ) you could eat them by the fistful.

My secret vice is EatMores -- chewy, chocolaty, peanuty, cherry-y. Can't eat them often or my ancient amalgam fillings complain.

I try to buy really good dark chocolate (at least 70%) for the health benefits :wink:

There's a humongous box of snack size Mars bars hidden away for Halloween. So far I haven't remembered where I hid it.........
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:49 pm
Zagnut!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:16 pm
Candy corn.

I don't actually think for each one "omigod this is so delicious," but every Halloween I have to buy some and once I buy some I have to put them out in a little dish and once they're out in a little dish I have to eat them.

They're nice. Little and modest and nice.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:34 pm
Why wasnt there a Skor vs Heath thread before?

There was a, I dunno Mustang vs Camaro thread, and a, God knows, He-Man vs Mighty Mouse thread, but no - all you folks who had been yearning, subconsciously even, for a Skor vs Heath thread, a desire thwarted for so long - only now to be released, and erupting so collectively!

Its enough to make a grown man cry.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:37 pm
Mind you, with all this intriguing talk of "fun size bars" in the thread title, I'd come in because I was expecting something raunchier...

Yes, I admit it, I was expecting a classic Boomer sex thread.

But no.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:38 pm
plainoldme wrote:
Interesting. About 20 years ago, I bought both a Skor and a HEath bar and ate them, one after the other, the Skor first. After eating the Skor, the HEath tasted chemical and off.

Now, in fairness, you have to eat a Heath followed by a Skor. Doesn't the Skor now taste chemical and off?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 08:45 pm
Yep, candy corn used to be my Halloween tradition. Loved 'em. Oh, and those autumnal shaped candy corn too. You know, pumpkins and ears of corn, etc.

I thought it would be hard to give them up, but so far, so good.
0 Replies