Rot in hell, fun size Heath bars

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:21 pm
I'm usually not even tempted by candy but while purchasing Halloween treats I stumbled upon a bag of fun sized Heath bars.

"Heath bars!" screamed some ancient part of my brain. "Oh now those are delicious" it went on. "It's been so long" it whispered as it ran its fingers through my hair.

So yeah, I bought them and yeah, I've been eating them on a daily basis.

I'm hoping I don't run across another old love - those peanut butter deals that were tricked out to look like little flat pieces of wood.

What's your Halloween weakness?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,259 • Replies: 102
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:22 pm
I love Skor bars, they kick Heath's ass.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:38 pm
"Fun-sized"
I love that.
Sorry, that great big old candy bar is just too serious for me.
Haven't you got anything that's more fun?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:41 pm
KitKat, largely because my mother never bought them as they fell into her category, "junk stuff." She did, however, by the cookies on which they were based. She also put chunky peanut butter in the junk stuff category, despite buying both smooth peanut butter and peanuts in several forms.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:41 pm
The Lovely Bride has already bought the Hallowe'en candy.
And hidden it from the kids.
I still haven't found it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 03:22 pm
Skor? What's that? I'm really out of the candy bar loop.

Maybe your mom thought those ingedients were dangerous together, plainoldme!

I'm not even tempted by regular sized candy bars - those things have gotten gigantic. Have you seen the ones they sell in movie theaters? Holy cow. Those things are like six candy bars big.

I'm strictly a fun sized girl. If they sold them year round I'd be a goner.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 03:37 pm
Butterfingers, also of the "fun-size" genre. I indulge in too many of those and cease to be fun-size myself!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 03:44 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I love Skor bars, they kick Heath's ass.

yummmmmmm
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:05 pm
Boomer, Skor is another Hershey's chocolate/toffee bar. It's thinner, and I'd guess has a different kind of toffee.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:09 pm
Skor toffee is the best. Heath bars used to taste like that but they changed their recipe in the 60's and now they are just some hard caramel .
I have to go with the Doo Hoo boy on this one.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:11 pm
Reese's Peanut Butter Cuupppp...p <slips on own drool>
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 04:53 pm
Soooooo. ummmmm..... errr.... this Skor stuff....... it's like crunchy toffee? I don't want any of that soft toffee stuff.

On the rare occassion that I find myself at the mall I sometimes treat myself to this toffee that they sell at Made in Oregon. It is to die for and they sell it in small, expensive, bags.

I tell you this so you know that I'm no stranger to the good stuff.

And I still think Heath is pretty good.

Part of that might be because Heath bars always make me think of my mom and that silly afternoon we hid in the car and shared a Heath bar because there was only one and there were three other kids who would have wanted some and.....

I love my mommy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:10 pm
Zagnut. That's a peanut butter deal that looks like chunk of wood.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:15 pm
<grabs the peanut butter cups from the unconscious swimpy lying in the puddle of drool, and runs away>

mmmmmm, peanut butter and chocolate
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:16 pm
Butterscotch is a gift from the Gods.........

I hate gods.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:20 pm
There was a candy bar I saw in this little mom and pop store in a remote part of Canada that went by the name of "Paul's Log".

I should have bought one, not so much to eat it, but rather to use it as a conversation piece.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:57 pm
I like Ritter bars; that's a German brand, I think. Well, who knows.

Also am a fool for Lindt pistachio filled chocolate bar, even though it is milk chocolate (I think).

And one of the Perugino's (Nestle now, I think, pooh).

Key point in my life, having a baba au rhum covered in Perugino chocolate in Perugia..

god, where oh where is a rich man to love me?

I still like Butterfingers...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:42 pm
Skor toffee is hard as steel. It can be chomped in the following manner (my preferred way of eating a skor while driving).

Bite a small piece of the SKor from the bar.

Suck the chocolate off the toffee(this increases the expectation of the taste to follow to almost orgasmic llevels)

When ALL the chocolate is cleaned off the toffee, BITE HARD on the toffee and chew it up and enjoy its rich sumptuous taste and flavor, redolent with hints of hazelnut,and burnt vanilla, and buttercream.

Savor the goodbye

Bite another hunk.

Repeast the above steps until all tye SKor is a memory
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:58 pm
Now damnit Osso. Any candy that requires a rich boyfriend does not count as a Halloween treat.

Rich boyfriends are treat enough.

Now back to this Skor bar thing....

farmerman, my dear, my sweetheart, could you elaborate just a little bit more on that technique? I got lost somewhere between "chomp" and "bite" (the third "bite", just go over the middle part again).

Can I buy this stuff at 7-11 or do I need a rich boyfriend?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:05 pm
Well, in fantasy, I'm back to the house on Madison, where the caramel apples were offered on a tray covered with waxed paper..

I think that's my imagination. That family did do those (my not-being-around-children-before eyes bugged out... but probably only for us neighborhood kids (The Secret Pine Club).
0 Replies