OK guys, would you date a woman who has children??

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:07 pm
Quote:
Whether you know it or not, and whether you believe it or not, men are very wary of a woman with a child. It means you bring to a relationship an aircraft-carrier full of baggage of one sort or another and often accompanied by a deep sense of injustice. Very few men will seek to saddle themselves with that-rightly or wrongly.

You need to see yourself and the world as it is not as you wish it to be.

What is the general consensus with you male A2Ker with the exception of the one who is quoted above. I already know how he feels. Is there hope of finding a good guy if you're divorced with kids? Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,585 • Replies: 43
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:10 pm
Why don't you ask a good guy instead of the general rabble and refuse on A2K?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:18 pm
Maybe I don't know who the good ones are. And what are you saying about yourself......honestly?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:19 pm
I like to think that there is good in everyone
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:20 pm
I'm not a big fan of other people's children in anything but small doses, so it would probably be a turnoff for me.

For my wife, too, I'd think.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:26 pm
See Patiodog, you're a good one, you're just taken. I know what you mean about small doses. I'd like to start dating again but have no intentions on bringing anyone home to meet the kids. They'll be in college in about 5 years anyway.

I just find it hard to believe that the mere fact of having children is a turn-off.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:27 pm
My wife had two kids when we met. They are great kids and this was never a problem. Now that we are married, these kids are no different than if they were mine.

I think that as men reach their late thirties, this becomes less and less of an issue.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:28 pm
Oops, I just noticed you were talking about "good" guys. I guess I will just leave quietly now.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:30 pm
Well, I married one, so I guess that's a yes.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:33 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Oops, I just noticed you were talking about "good" guys. I guess I will just leave quietly now.

If that picture is an indication of what you are capable of producing then you are surely a "good one"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:51 pm
When I met Mrs. edgarblythe, I had two children, she had one. So, we were not your ordinary couple, right from the start.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 04:59 pm
I don't know about the statistics, but over a certain age (20? 25? 30? 35? 40?, you get the idea.. at some point this become a situation for the majority.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:38 pm
Kids living at home, you mean. Just maybe, depending on the woman and the kids. It's not a situation I would seek out, though.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:43 pm
The lady diane has 2 kids from previous, I love them both dearly.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 07:55 pm
The fact that a lady has had children does not speak badly of the lady. The fact that some men balk at the thought of the lady having children says something about their character and insecurities.

I wonder how many men have missed out on a life with a wonderful woman simply because she had children.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 09:49 pm
I was married for 7 years to a woman who had 4 kids.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 11:52 pm
There seem to be plenty of votes on the one side so I might as well join in here to offer a contrary opinion, I would not seriously date someone with kids. 'course, I'm only in my mid 20's...
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 02:02 am
Sorry, I am not a guy, but I have been dating a guy with a daughter and living with them for six years.
And the child was not the reason the relationship ended.
She was an absolute darling.

My husband also has another daughter, but she lives with her mother, so that's not quite the same.

From my experience, there are guys that don't mind (those are the nice ones) and others that are desperate enough (not sure, what to make of them).
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 05:35 am
When I was single I tended to steer clear of men with children from previous relationships. I knew I didn't want kids and I didn't want a man tied up with child support and a ex-wife/lover who would have to be part of our lives. I also know many merged families that are very happy - I think it all depends on the individual and what they expect from a relationship.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 05:39 am
I suppose, it is what osso said: from a certain age onwards, there are mostly children "involved".
0 Replies