oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:36 am
parados wrote:
No, it doesn't.. It prohibits the unrestricted private ownership. Adjectives have meanings and can't be discarded out of hand because they don't mean what you want it to mean.

"Unrestricted" refers to "trade", not to "private ownership". And that is exactly how it would have been interpreted had it become part of the treaty.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:01 am
gungasnake wrote:
One of the questions nobody is really asking is why you'd want somebody like Kofi Annan making decisions about things like gun laws for us (if you think making decisions about things involving sex would be very far down on Kofi's list you're deluded)...

BTW, I get confused looking at those UN pictures. Anybody know which one of these guys is Annan?

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photos/amosnandy.jpg

What about Kofi Annan is like Amos and Andy, if I may ask?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:07 am
considering the author of the post, that's a rhetorical question right snood?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:10 am
Yeah, I guess it should've been, but I have to admit to often holding out some hope things aren't as bass ackwards as they seem...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:24 am
Hold on a minute, I am the author, and that is not my post, please don't read/infer sh-t that isn't there.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:28 am
You may be the author of the thread, but I don't believe you are the author of the post in question.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:31 am
Sorry if I misread that.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:34 am
You might want to take a second look at that UN treaty too... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 12:47 pm
snood wrote:

Schemes, and the general level of comedy I guess but, then again, nobody could have really HATED George Stevens or any of the A&A characters the way New Yorkers hate Annan and the UN, that's really a difference. Friends in the big apple tell me if Atta and co. had flown two airplanes into the UN building there'd be monuments to them in NY.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 01:02 pm
gungasnake wrote:
snood wrote:

Schemes, and the general level of comedy I guess but, then again, nobody could have really HATED George Stevens or any of the A&A characters the way New Yorkers hate Annan and the UN, that's really a difference. Friends in the big apple tell me if Atta and co. had flown two airplanes into the UN building there'd be monuments to them in NY.

you destroyed your credibility when you stated you had a friend.....and may I assume by your post that if someone flew two planes into the UN, killing thousands of husbands, wives, fathers and sons you wouldn't give a **** because you don't like the UN? Nice.......
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 02:17 pm
The majority of general service staff employed at the UN building are US citizens. Why do you and your erstwhile "friends" (assuming for the sake of argument that they exist) hate Americans?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 04:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

you destroyed your credibility when you stated you had a friend.....and may I assume by your post that if someone flew two planes into the UN, killing thousands of husbands, wives, fathers and sons you wouldn't give a **** because you don't like the UN? Nice.......

I was just relating what I hear. Personally I'd view the idea of flying airplanes into the UN building as a bit extreme; I'd settle for bulldozing the place and sending all the losers who work in it packing.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 02:02 pm
I hope all of you who are here congratulating the demoncraps today spent last night stocking up your gun cabinet.

Yesterday was a black day for American freedom. Tomorrow you will be free to get a latte and sit around the Internet cafe writing blogs about how barbaric hunting is. Enjoy.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 03:07 pm
Oh, don't get all weepy and hysterical. Go rub some oil on your guns and calm down.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 03:46 pm
Yeah, go play some Toby Keith and uzi some doves. Buck up.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 04:19 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I hope all of you who are here congratulating the demoncraps today spent last night stocking up your gun cabinet.

Yesterday was a black day for American freedom. Tomorrow you will be free to get a latte and sit around the Internet cafe writing blogs about how barbaric hunting is. Enjoy.

Yeah, cuz we all know what happened back in '92....
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 04:23 pm
'92... Oh yes, the year we sent all the UN troops around to collect all the guns and then we melted them down.

Ahh, the good old days!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 09:07 pm
cjhsa wrote:

It does seem that between Pelosi and the UN, the NRA is going to have a long hard fight to defend our Constitutional liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2006 09:07 pm
DrewDad wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

Yeah, cuz we all know what happened back in '92....

Yes indeed.

And Pelosi likely can't wait to resume the assault on our Constitutional rights.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 06:42 am
Shocked

We still have some?
0 Replies