blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 05:53 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Nope. Just a bigot. Just like the KKK are nothing but bigots when they spout their stereotypes.


The KKK has always been in favor of gun rights...


And champions of "Christianity" too.
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 05:55 pm
... and I bet the KKK doesn't think very highly of Pelosi either.
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 05:56 pm
mysteryman wrote:
blatham wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:
Define "accidents". Explain your evidence for such beliefs, please.


blacksmith

You gotta be jokin. Might as well ask the fellow to pull down the evening star and put it in a locket. Or, we could forward a similar species of claim - say, that Laura Bush has sex with farm animals - and see what he does with that.


If you wanna say you believe that she has sex with farm animals,thats fine with me.
I do not have the power or the right to change what you believe.

Now,if you say it as a fact,then I would be perfectly reasonable to ask you to back up that claim.

Now,I did not say it was a fact that some "accidents" would befall the Pres and the VP if Pelosi becomes Speaker.
I do however,believe that it could happen.


In other words, you're throwing crap at a wall to see what sticks.

Beyond your paranoid delusions and lunatic insinuations, do you have any real reason to fear a Democratic Speaker of the House?
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 06:33 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
blatham wrote:
blacksmithn wrote:
Define "accidents". Explain your evidence for such beliefs, please.


blacksmith

You gotta be jokin. Might as well ask the fellow to pull down the evening star and put it in a locket. Or, we could forward a similar species of claim - say, that Laura Bush has sex with farm animals - and see what he does with that.


If you wanna say you believe that she has sex with farm animals,thats fine with me.
I do not have the power or the right to change what you believe.

Now,if you say it as a fact,then I would be perfectly reasonable to ask you to back up that claim.

Now,I did not say it was a fact that some "accidents" would befall the Pres and the VP if Pelosi becomes Speaker.
I do however,believe that it could happen.


In other words, you're throwing crap at a wall to see what sticks.

Beyond your paranoid delusions and lunatic insinuations, do you have any real reason to fear a Democratic Speaker of the House?


Just stated what I thought.
If it sticks,that isnt my fault.

I dont fear a Dem speaker,should I?
I just dont trust Nancy Pelosi.
0 Replies
 
blatham
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 05:26 am
Quote:
Just stated what I thought.
If it sticks,that isnt my fault.

I dont fear a Dem speaker,should I?
I just dont trust Nancy Pelosi.


There was an old and rather ragged chap stumbling through Central Park yesterday. He was in a serious conversation with himself regarding (I think, it was hard to tell) some overwhelming injustice that had befallen him along with the threat to humanity from the covert agents of the Arcturian landing force who'd disguised themselves as either (again, hard to piece it all together) vinyl intimacy companions or dental assistants or talk radio hosts.

I only tell you this as a clumsy and likely ineffectual attempt to provide some comfort for you as being not entirely alone in holding close some ideas which aren't shared broadly.
0 Replies
 
Madison32
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 01:07 pm
A Media Conspiracy
Posted by TOM BEVAN | E-Mail This | Permalink | Email RCP
I detect a devious conspiracy among the mainstream media to swing this election back in favor of the GOP:

The Woman Who Would Be Speaker
Uncompromising Pelosi Set to Seize Opportunity
By Lois Romano, Washington Post Staff Writer
Madam Speaker? Pelosi Likes the Sound
In line to lead the House if the Democrats win control, the Californian brings discipline, fundraising skill -- and a lightning-rod nature.
By Faye Fiore, Times Staff Writer


Not to mention this:

NEXT ON 60 MINUTES: Two Heartbeats Away
Sunday, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
Nancy Pelosi could wind up as the House speaker if Democrats win a majority in the upcoming election, making her second in the line of succession to the presidency. Lesley Stahl reports.


What next? An Adam Nagourney front-pager profiling John Conyers and his secret post-election impeachment plans?

It looks like the dastardly Karl Rove has done it once again. Somehow he's conned the MSM into promoting the one thing that might actually have enough juice left to get Republicans to the polls en masse in 17 days: the prospect of Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 02:42 pm
blatham wrote:
oralloy wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That guy sounds like a simpleton.


Nah, he just cares about freedom.


Nah, that's hardly the equation. If a well armed population equalled freedom, Iraq would be a blinding beacon.


It takes more than an armed population to achieve freedom, but an armed populace is one essential component without which freedom is impossible.

As for Iraq, I'd say their biggest problem was lack of security, not lack of freedom.
0 Replies
 
Madison32
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 05:58 pm
Security Council

4762nd Meeting (AM & PM)



LACK OF SECURITY SERIOUS HINDRANCE TO RELIEF EFFORTS IN IRAQ,

TOP UN OFFICIALS TELL SECURITY COUNCIL



While a major humanitarian crisis had been averted so far in Iraq, the civilian population -- and children in particular -- remained at risk if the security situation did not improve substantially soon, Deputy Secretary-General Louise Fréchette told the Security Council this morning, as it met on the humanitarian situation in that country.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 06:12 pm
Madison32 wrote:
Security Council

4762nd Meeting (AM & PM)



LACK OF SECURITY SERIOUS HINDRANCE TO RELIEF EFFORTS IN IRAQ,

TOP UN OFFICIALS TELL SECURITY COUNCIL



While a major humanitarian crisis had been averted so far in Iraq, the civilian population -- and children in particular -- remained at risk if the security situation did not improve substantially soon, Deputy Secretary-General Louise Fréchette told the Security Council this morning, as it met on the humanitarian situation in that country.

On this day in 1964, Jean-Paul Sartre is awarded the Nobel Prize for literature, which he declines.
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 10:05 pm
mysteryman wrote:

I just dont trust Nancy Pelosi.


But you trust the bunch of liars, cheats, thieves, war criminals, frauds that make up the current government in the house, senate and wh.

How many goes did you have at fourth grade?

Quote:


The Worst Congress Ever
How our national legislature has become a stable of thieves and perverts -- in five easy steps

MATT TAIBBI


These past six years were more than just the most shameful, corrupt and incompetent period in the history of the American legislative branch. These were the years when the U.S. parliament became a historical punch line, a political obscenity on par with the court of Nero or Caligula -- a stable of thieves and perverts who committed crimes rolling out of bed in the morning and did their very best to turn the mighty American empire into a debt-laden, despotic backwater, a Burkina Faso with cable.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever

0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 10:51 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Madison32 wrote:
Security Council

4762nd Meeting (AM & PM)



LACK OF SECURITY SERIOUS HINDRANCE TO RELIEF EFFORTS IN IRAQ,

TOP UN OFFICIALS TELL SECURITY COUNCIL



While a major humanitarian crisis had been averted so far in Iraq, the civilian population -- and children in particular -- remained at risk if the security situation did not improve substantially soon, Deputy Secretary-General Louise Fréchette told the Security Council this morning, as it met on the humanitarian situation in that country.

On this day in 1964, Jean-Paul Sartre is awarded the Nobel Prize for literature, which he declines.



The origin of meat processing is lost in antiquity but probably began when mankind learned that salt is an effective preservative. Sausage making evolved as an effort to economize and preserve meat that could not be consumed fresh at slaughter. In sausage making, quality standards are maintained while using most parts of the animal carcass.

Sausages are made from beef, veal, pork, lamb, poultry and wild game, or from any combination of these meats. Sausage making has become a unique blend of old procedures and new scientific, highly-mechanized processes. Traditionally, sausage was formed into a symmetrical shape, but it now can be found in a variety of shapes and sizes to meet consumers' needs. Many sausage products are vacuum packed, freshness dated and 100% edible.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 10:55 pm
snood wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
Madison32 wrote:
Security Council

4762nd Meeting (AM & PM)



LACK OF SECURITY SERIOUS HINDRANCE TO RELIEF EFFORTS IN IRAQ,

TOP UN OFFICIALS TELL SECURITY COUNCIL



While a major humanitarian crisis had been averted so far in Iraq, the civilian population -- and children in particular -- remained at risk if the security situation did not improve substantially soon, Deputy Secretary-General Louise Fréchette told the Security Council this morning, as it met on the humanitarian situation in that country.

On this day in 1964, Jean-Paul Sartre is awarded the Nobel Prize for literature, which he declines.



The origin of meat processing is lost in antiquity but probably began when mankind learned that salt is an effective preservative. Sausage making evolved as an effort to economize and preserve meat that could not be consumed fresh at slaughter. In sausage making, quality standards are maintained while using most parts of the animal carcass.

Sausages are made from beef, veal, pork, lamb, poultry and wild game, or from any combination of these meats. Sausage making has become a unique blend of old procedures and new scientific, highly-mechanized processes. Traditionally, sausage was formed into a symmetrical shape, but it now can be found in a variety of shapes and sizes to meet consumers' needs. Many sausage products are vacuum packed, freshness dated and 100% edible.

A fight over textbooks in Cobb County, Georgia, a requirement that alternative theories be taught in Dover, Pennsylvania, a review of science standards in Kansas by a newly elected conservative school board; challenges at the local and state levels in some 19 states in all.

Charles Darwin referred to his famous book "On the Origin of Species" as 'one long argument.' And 150 years later that argument continues, involving ideas and facts, the meaning of science, and the role of faith.

And today, once again, the focal point for this argument is the classroom.
0 Replies
 
blatham
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 06:03 am
oralloy wrote:
Quote:
but an armed populace is one essential component without which freedom is impossible.


This isn't an empirical claim. It is a philosophical view or, more accurately, a definitional statement - if a population cannot own firearms then it is not free, period, by definition. No arguing with that.

But only a fool, or a species of American NRA member, would go on to claim that Britain or Australia or the numerous jurisdictions where gun ownership is more controlled and less pervasive than is the case in the US are all therefore less free than America.

It's really difficult to understand how this old equation makes any sense in the modern world. Citzenry can not hope to even approach a balance of firepower with the state, the presumed danger. Ought you not to demand the right to carry/own cluster bombs and pocket nukes?
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:02 am
blatham wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Quote:
but an armed populace is one essential component without which freedom is impossible.


This isn't an empirical claim. It is a philosophical view or, more accurately, a definitional statement - if a population cannot own firearms then it is not free, period, by definition. No arguing with that.

But only a fool, or a species of American NRA member, would go on to claim that Britain or Australia or the numerous jurisdictions where gun ownership is more controlled and less pervasive than is the case in the US are all therefore less free than America.


Well then label me as a species of NRA member, because I am appalled by the lack of freedom in those two countries.



blatham wrote:
It's really difficult to understand how this old equation makes any sense in the modern world. Citzenry can not hope to even approach a balance of firepower with the state, the presumed danger. Ought you not to demand the right to carry/own cluster bombs and pocket nukes?


It isn't about fighting off the government. The Framers of the Constitution wanted the militia to prevent tyranny by fighting FOR the government.

The Framers felt that, by fighting for the government, the militia would eliminate the need for a standing army. And they felt that without a standing army, tyranny would be impossible.


For most of those who acquire firearms to fight danger today, the presumed danger is the common criminal and/or wild animals.

Many don't acquire guns with danger in mind at all. For instance, I hope to one day get a submachinegun solely for the purpose of shooting tin cans and other inanimate targets.
0 Replies
 
gustavratzenhofer
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:04 am
http://home.twcny.rr.com/felicity/nostradamus.jpg
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 07:21 am
Nostradamus say anything about using a submachine gun to snipe tin cans?
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:48 am
Funny how Canada and the UK have no equivalent of the NRA.

Let freedom ring (in your ears).
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 08:51 am
Sorry, my ears are deafened by the roar of firearms...
0 Replies
 
Dartagnan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 11:18 am
cjhsa wrote:
Funny how Canada and the UK have no equivalent of the NRA.

Let freedom ring (in your ears).


Why don't they? People can form such groups if they wish, no?
0 Replies
 
blacksmithn
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2006 11:21 am
Maybe they're content not having 30,000 needless deaths a year, those freedom-hating bastards.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
TEA PARTY TO AMERICA: NOW WHAT?! - Discussion by farmerman
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 03/03/2024 at 10:54:01