101 ways to repulse your mate (or potential one)

flushd

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 04:49 am
Do you do anything repulsive? I wanna hear it.

I was thinking of this today because I was craving a ciggie. It's getting cold here - it snowed! - so I started thinking..if I were to start smoking again, it would probably mean smoking inside an enclosed area. Pretty gross, really. Or standing outside and that is not appealing.

It would be an effective way of repulsing a certain someone's advances. He wouldn't like it. Can't blame him. It's a repulsive habit and most likely has been used by myself and others as a physical way of saying "Fock Off".

So this whole train of thought led me to thinking of all the little choices we make to ensure we are attractive to our mates. Or at least not repulsive. Smile

We always hear of what we should do to make a relationship flow along smoothly. So what about what NOT to do, very specifically?

Dig deep, people. We all have dirty little habits and we've all dated/mated to be repulsed by theirs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,234 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 05:42 am
Well, I can think of a few things that might gross you out, if you've just met someone, however, you choose to 'accept/ignore' it in your partner.

Thinking of my little munchkin and his dad having burping competitions...
Munchkin is three months old, so not much I can do about it (or want to).
If husband had been burping the way he does now openly on our first meeting... Not sure if we've ever gotten that far!

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:25 am
I think it's absolutely repulsive when people bite their toenails off with their teeth. Ugh. My honey doesn't do it but I know of people who do and it is sick!

Do you think about where your feet have been all day?????
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:28 am
Bella Dea wrote:

In my shoes... (not that I bite my toenails off) my body is not that flexible Smile
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:29 am
the prince wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

In my shoes... (not that I bite my toenails off) my body is not that flexible Smile

God, I wish mine were! Though ewwww to the biting toenail thing.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:50 am
One could stop trimming one's nose hair....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:53 am
DrewDad wrote:
One could stop trimming one's nose hair....

heh, that reminds me of a time when I kissed a guy on our first date and noticed his long nasal hair (blonde hair on white skin - did not notice from across the table) and got turned off instantly !!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:58 am
I prefer to mousse, curl, and wax mine, kind of like a handle-bar moustache.

I can spear food off of a plate, I tell you.

Eat sloppily. Food stains, messy face, the works.

This would make a good sitcom episode....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:10 am
the prince wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Yes, in your sweaty nasty bacteria laden shoes. Gross gross gross gross gross.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:17 am
errr..umm..I wear freshly laundered socks every day
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:38 am
nose hairs, ug....I was standing in a checkout line and there was a good looking guy in front of me...problem was he thought he was much better looking than he was. You know the type...both men and women, they stand there NOT looking at anyone with this..."I know you're admiring me" look on their face.

anyway, I was looking....at these 2 long nose hairs sticking out of the nostril I could see....

Repulsive stuff? Someone who hunches over their plate like someone is going to steal their food....and chewing with their mouth open.

The other day I was alone, eating, and started mastacating with my mouth open to see what it felt like.....really weird, like your food is being airated. (is that a word)?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 02:51 pm
aer·ate (ârt) Pronunciation Key
tr.v. aer·at·ed, aer·at·ing, aer·ates
To supply with air or expose to the circulation of air: aerate soil.
To expose to oxygen, as in the oxygenation of the blood by respiration.
To supply or charge (liquid) with a gas, especially to charge with carbon dioxide.

aer·ation n.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 02:53 pm
Too sparing use of deodorant and/or antipersperant.

Necessity of fungicide in the medicine cabinet.

Sweaty feet.

Trash-covered car.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 07:18 pm
<taking notes on how to repel housemate>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 07:30 pm
A friend of mine was dining with a gentleman (I use the term loosely) from work and after the White Castle burgers had been consumed they started a pleasant after dinner conversation.

All of a sudden the guy reaches into his mouth and pulls out his teeth. He then takes a toothpick and starts cleaning some of the debris away.

My buddy said it was the most disgusting thing he has ever seen and I would expect such behavior performed in front of a woman may persuade her to look elsewhere for a mate.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 07:31 pm
(Note to littlek) Take your teeth out in front of your roommate and clean them with a toothpick.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 09:18 pm
Two words: braided pubic hair.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 09:19 pm
That's three words.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 09:19 pm
But you knew that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 09:29 pm
My ex, who had an mfa in theater, some breadth of education, of course studied rhetoric, was a writer, and bright past all that, started with and kept going with saying 'you know' once every sentence or two, for what in memory was almost a year, somewhere about two thirds through our twenty + years together. I could have killed him except I knew he was in the throes of the awful y'know monster. (I have a very small 'eh' monster myself, immeasurable, really.) We lived through it to break up over other matters some time later.

But, trust me, I don't want to hear that from a person of interest.
0 Replies