Freedom FROM religion

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:19 pm
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
I have always stated, times too numerous to mention in fact, that if you don't like the way something is, then you lobby within the law to change it. Now, if people lobby within the law to change these things (pledge of allegiance, etc.) I have no gripe. I may not like the result of those efforts but I surely would not deny anyone the right to exercise their right to try to change it. It's no different than you (you) generalized voting your consicence than it is me voting mine.[/color]

What are your thoughts on NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association)? Do you support that organization lobbying to change child consent laws?

This is, in my humble opinion, the most ridiculous question anyone on the face of this planet has ever asked me. Rolling Eyes

Ridiculous because it's obvious from your previous statement that you support the rights of groups to lobby congress to change laws that they don't like.

OR

Ridiculous because you only want to allow those rights to Christians to lobby for changes in laws that they don't like, and everyone else is out of luck.

OR

Something else

Please keep in mind that NAMBLA does not support breaking any current laws, they are lobbying to get these laws changed (which you stated that you "have no gripe" with). You also said that you "surely would not deny anyone the right to exercise their right to try to change it." I think that "anyone" also includes those who disagree with the child-hood consent laws (am I right?)

I would appreciate you not ignoring this topic, as I truly would like to find out your thoughts here.

Good grief! I respect anyone's constitutional rights! I don't have to like it but I do respect that they have the right. Satisfied? Rolling Eyes

In short yes, they can lobby to change this. But understand, I can lobby to see to it that it is not changed.

I really could have sworn I said that somewhere else?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:33 pm
snood wrote:
Could you stop trying to act like you're conducting some kind of innocent interview to explore her "thoughts", and not just straight-up playing "gotcha" with Arella?

Do you think its not obvious to anyone reading this that anytime she doesn't answer in a way you consider "right", you're gonna jump right back in there berating her again?

Honestly maporsche - what are you trying to prove?

Isn't this how debate works Snood? You ask a question to debate issues. I'm not trying to prove anything that I'm aware of, merely trying to flesh out Mother Angels true thoughts.

I told you a few weeks ago, get your boxer briefs out of a bunch.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:38 pm
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:
Isn't this how debate works Snood? You ask a question to debate issues. I'm not trying to prove anything that I'm aware of, merely trying to flesh out Mother Angels true thoughts.

Hey, I just had a thought maporsche! Shocked Why don't you just read my answer I gave you in the first place! THAT WAS AND STILL IS MY TRUE THOUGHT.

Hmmm, so if you are assuming my thoughts weren't true, does that make you feel superior to me?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:41 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
I have always stated, times too numerous to mention in fact, that if you don't like the way something is, then you lobby within the law to change it. Now, if people lobby within the law to change these things (pledge of allegiance, etc.) I have no gripe. I may not like the result of those efforts but I surely would not deny anyone the right to exercise their right to try to change it. It's no different than you (you) generalized voting your consicence than it is me voting mine.[/color]

What are your thoughts on NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association)? Do you support that organization lobbying to change child consent laws?

This is, in my humble opinion, the most ridiculous question anyone on the face of this planet has ever asked me. Rolling Eyes

Ridiculous because it's obvious from your previous statement that you support the rights of groups to lobby congress to change laws that they don't like.

OR

Ridiculous because you only want to allow those rights to Christians to lobby for changes in laws that they don't like, and everyone else is out of luck.

OR

Something else

Please keep in mind that NAMBLA does not support breaking any current laws, they are lobbying to get these laws changed (which you stated that you "have no gripe" with). You also said that you "surely would not deny anyone the right to exercise their right to try to change it." I think that "anyone" also includes those who disagree with the child-hood consent laws (am I right?)

I would appreciate you not ignoring this topic, as I truly would like to find out your thoughts here.

Good grief! I respect anyone's constitutional rights! I don't have to like it but I do respect that they have the right. Satisfied? Rolling Eyes

In short yes, they can lobby to change this. But understand, I can lobby to see to it that it is not changed.

I really could have sworn I said that somewhere else?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif

Of course you can lobby against them. I would lobby against them. I think they are disgusting.

My view, is that many Christians and other religions do not want every group to have equal lobbying power or equal freedoms.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:41 pm
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:
Could you stop trying to act like you're conducting some kind of innocent interview to explore her "thoughts", and not just straight-up playing "gotcha" with Arella?

Do you think its not obvious to anyone reading this that anytime she doesn't answer in a way you consider "right", you're gonna jump right back in there berating her again?

OK man, good luck "fleshing things out". And my underwear is quite comfortable - thanks for caring.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:43 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

Hey, I just had a thought maporsche! Shocked Why don't you just read my answer I gave you in the first place! THAT WAS AND STILL IS MY TRUE THOUGHT.

Hmmm, so if you are assuming my thoughts weren't true, does that make you feel superior to me?http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

I do think that my position that the Chrisitan god is false is superior to your position that the Christian god is true. I can admit that. If I thought your position was superior then I would follow your position.

You, however, are unable to admit that simple fact that you DO feel that you position is superior to mine.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:46 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

Next time you ask a clarifying question I'll be sure to respond in the same childish way.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:47 pm
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

OK man, good luck "fleshing things out". And my underwear is quite comfortable - thanks for caring.

Thank you for your support.

And I'm glad to hear you solved the underwear problem.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:48 pm
Now we can start working on that stick up your ass.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:48 pm
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

I do think that my position that the Chrisitan god is false is superior to your position that the Christian god is true. I can admit that. If I thought your position was superior then I would follow your position.

You, however, are unable to admit that simple fact that you DO feel that you position is superior to mine.

Ok, is it just me or does anyone else out there think that maporsche obviously ISN'T COMPREHENDING WHAT I AM SAYING!??http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:49 pm
snood wrote:
Now we can start working on that stick up your ass.

What would you suggest I do with it?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:50 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

Ok, is it just me or does anyone else out there think that maporsche obviously ISN'T COMPREHENDING WHAT I AM SAYING!??http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif

I will admit that I don't understand what you are saying. Your logic is so full of holes that I am having a hard time following.

I bet there are more people who agree with me as well.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:50 pm
Trust me, you don't want my suggestion.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:51 pm
snood wrote:

Please, I'm asking.

What should I do with this stick up my ass?

What would Jesus do?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:51 pm
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

Next time you ask a clarifying question I'll be sure to respond in the same childish way.

What the heck did you need clarification on? I said we all had the same rights to lobby to change things if we wanted to. Are you for real?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:55 pm
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

I will admit that I don't understand what you are saying. Your logic is so full of holes that I am having a hard time following.

I bet there are more people who agree with me as well.

It's simple:

Everyone has the right to lobby for what they want the laws to be or not to be

I will not deny you the right to lobby within the law but it doesn't mean I like what you are lobbying for nor does it mean I have to vote for it.

Get it now?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:56 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

What the heck did you need clarification on? I said we all had the same rights to lobby to change things if we wanted to. Are you for real?

I wanted clarification that your thoughts also applied to NAMBLA. That is why I asked that question. You didn't specify NAMBLA in your first post (not that I would have expected you to), so I wanted to clarify that you believed that this applied to them as well.

I wanted to know if you were able to put away your Christian feelings/beliefs to allow some wannabe pedophile to try to change the laws to allow sex with a 5 year old. I think it's an honest question to ask.

I guess I wanted clarification that you truly meant 'anybody'. I was questioning your statement as being true.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:01 pm
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:
I wanted clarification that your thoughts also applied to NAMBLA. That is why I asked that question. You didn't specify NAMBLA in your first post (not that I would have expected you to), so I wanted to clarify that you believed that this applied to them as well.

I wanted to know if you were able to put away your Christian feelings/beliefs to allow some wannabe pedophile to try to change the laws to allow sex with a 5 year old. I think it's an honest question to ask.

I guess I wanted clarification that you truly meant 'anybody'. I was questioning your statement as being true.

Oh, I see. You just flat out thought I was lying and was trying to catch me at it? Hmmm, if Snood won't give you a suggestion what to do with that stick, I might be able to come up with one. CLICK!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:03 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Maporsche Wrote:

Quote:

Oh, I see. You just flat out thought I was lying and was trying to catch me at it? Hmmm, if Snood won't give you a suggestion what to do with that stick, I might be able to come up with one. CLICK!

Not lying, but maybe not understanding your true position (much like the "My belief in god" is superior to my disbelief in god). I guess I was accusing you of ignorance and asking for clarification to either confirm or disprove my belief.

What do you think I should do with the stick?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:11 pm
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

Please, I'm asking.

What should I do with this stick up my ass?

What would Jesus do?

How's this, bro - peace. Have a good night.
0 Replies