Freedom FROM religion

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:13 pm
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:
Trust me, you don't want my suggestion.

Please, I'm asking.

What should I do with this stick up my ass?

What would Jesus do?

How's this, bro - peace. Have a good night.

Excuse me, don't you understand that calling a caucasian person 'bro' is insulting.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:15 pm
Hey man, I don't want to fight with you. I'm trying to let this thing die gracefully. That okay with you?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:16 pm
snood wrote:
Hey man, I don't want to fight with you. I'm trying to let this thing die gracefully. That okay with you?

Well, now I'm insulted. Truthfully. Are you the only person would could be insulted by a racist comment?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:20 pm
I don't really know you that well, maporsche. In fact, the first memory I have of you is you calling me a race-baiter or something like that in a thread about a week ago. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to start from square one, you're going to have to stop lobbing bombs.

Can you stop?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:22 pm
snood wrote:
I don't really know you that well, maporsche. In fact, the first memory I have of you is you calling me a race-baiter or something like that in a thread about a week ago. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to start from square one, you're going to have to stop lobbing bombs.

Can you stop?

You jumped into this lobbing bombs......I was having a debate with Momma Angel.

I'm done with you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:38 pm
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

Can you stop?

I'm done with you.

Are you serious? I know Snood and I have a hard time believing he meant to insult you with that remark. Oh, I have seen him use insulting terms, yes, but I can tell the difference. I took it as him trying to diffuse a situation he saw brewing. He offered a couple of times to clear this up with you but you refused.

You made it pretty clear that you thought I was lying and were attempting to catch me at it and you are done with Snood because he tried to calm the waters and called you bro?
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

Oh, and please refer to me by my proper ID of Arella Mae. Thank you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:42 pm
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

Can you stop?

I'm done with you.

Good. But what you're doing sure ain't debating.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:45 pm
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

Can you stop?

I'm done with you.

Good. But what you're doing sure ain't debating.

Yeah, what Snood said. I was going to say that myself. It sure didn't feel like a debate from my end. Felt more like being on a witness stand with the prosecution firing trick questions at me. Laughing
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:46 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
Oh, and please refer to me by my proper ID of Arella Mae. Thank you.

Sorry Momma Angel. I like that name better. It sounds superior, like you're my mother or something.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:48 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

You made it pretty clear that you thought I was lying and were attempting to catch me at it

Of course I was. What exactly is wrong with that? I must have been wrong, or your still lying, either way it makes no difference.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:51 pm
Hey Arella, let's try something. Let's let this guy talk to himself, and not dignify his transparent baiting with another answer. He must be lonely or something, because he keeps stirring shyt up to try to draw someone in.

And no fair "talking to him" by pretending to address it to me, or anything else sneaky, either. Just let him stew in his own poison.

whatcha think? Can ya handle that?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:51 pm
Do you know what respect is, Maporsche? Do you think you should respect people when they ask you to do or not do something because they are offended for some reason?

Take for instance Snood calling you bro. Now, you didn't like that did you? You were insulted, weren't you and you told him so and he did not repeat it. Same premise.

My ID is Arella Mae and again, I am kindly and respectfully asking you to refer to me as Arella Mae or AM if you prefer. I changed my ID from Momma Angel for a reason. My asking you not to use it is tantamount to telling you that it bothers/offends/irks/etc. me.

Now, you going to respect that or not?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:52 pm
AM,
See above....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:54 pm
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:

You made it pretty clear that you thought I was lying and were attempting to catch me at it

Of course I was. What exactly is wrong with that? I must have been wrong, or your still lying, either way it makes no difference.

What's wrong with it? Let's see, you said you were just trying to get clarification, right? LIE! You now admit that you were assuming I was lying and was trying to trap me![/color]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 08:56 pm
Sorry Snood, didn't see your first post about not talking to him and then I tried to stop the one right before this one from posting but it went through.

But I'm with you. My conversation (or whatever it was) with maporsche is over!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:00 pm
It's the only way - there's no truce, no reasoning, no winner in a thing like this.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:00 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

Now, you going to respect that or not?

Sure!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:01 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
maporsche wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:

What's wrong with it? Let's see, you said you were just trying to get clarification, right? LIE! You now admit that you were assuming I was lying and was trying to trap me![/color]

Trying to figure out if you are lying IS seeking further clarification. Do you have a problem with the English language.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:23 pm
AR,
In answer to your PM, here is what I think:

I think the individual gets their kicks from baiting others into a fight. I think they will try to seem reasonable only enough to get you entangled in a petty back-and-forth again.

I think you would be best served by not obliging them. Ever.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:29 pm
Mindonfire wrote:
real life wrote:
The upshot of it is that ALL laws are based on SOMEONE'S idea of what is right and what is wrong.

If the only laws that were allowed were those that bear no resemblance to any part of any religious creed of anyone's, then anarchy is what you'd be left with.

Well, then who is the SOMEONE who decides what is right and what is wrong?

In the US, laws are made by the majority by way of their representation in the legislature.
0 Replies